Halo actually going off of book this time!!?!??!

Was anyone kinda shocked when they seen the crew for blue team? I mean these are Spartans that Cheif knows not some pick up team but people he grew with. I read some of the books and was thrilled to see Kelly is back R.I.P Sam but wow this was a huge reel in for me. I just want to know is 343i going to include some of Chief's past in this game will we really get an inside peek at behind the Spartans II program and how they manged to find each other

• Like 1

^

If you want to know how Blue team and Chief were reunited read the three issues of the Halo escalation comic series titled, 72 hours. :)

Or I can sum it up. UNSC loses contact with a base, they sent Blue team and Chief ( this is the first time Chief has seen Blue team since the events of first strike )

And yes, it is nice to see Blue team in a game.

• Like 1

Yes, they are going off of lore as much as they went off of lore for Halo 4. As much as they have for any Halo game, all the games are lore. But Halo 5 is building itself up a lot more with it. Anyone who says it's not is dumb. Just ask BaconShelf, he will clear it up for you nice and clean.

Yes, they are going off of lore as much as they went off of lore for Halo 4. As much as they have for any Halo game, all the games are lore. But Halo 5 is building itself up a lot more with it. Anyone who says it's not is dumb. Just ask BaconShelf, he will clear it up for you nice and clean.

u wot m8?

OT; 343 has a dedication to tie all the lore together, keep things as canonical as possible and resolve unresolved plot points. Under them, were seeing the return of a lot of stuff;

Black Team/ Iona- Halo Escalation/ Saint's Testimony

Spirit of Fire- Halo Escalation

Usze Taham/ N'tho Sroam- Hunters in the Dark

Other SPARTAN-II's in Halo 5 and Last Light

The fates of SPARTAN-III's in Last Light

Ben Giruad from the Graphic Novel in HUNTTHETRUTH

Sullivan from Forward Unto Dawn in HtT

Del Rio in HtT

Buck and the other ODST guys

There's undoubtedly a bunch more that I'm forgetting right now because I've just woken up. But the way 343i is pulling characters from the most obscure sources (Second Sunrise over New Mombasa, Forward Unto Dawn, Halo 3 Co-Op) is honestly amazing, and I do love how they tie everything together. The Foreruner Saga is an amazing piece for that aspect.

^

Halo 3 and 2 and Halo Reach are certainly not 100 percent lore friendly, but of course that's another story. :)

Halo 2 is pretty good actually. The way it built up the Covenant, the political subterfuge that goes on and ha the best character building of any Bungie game (Thel 'Vadam) to date. It was the first time, aside from short mentions in The Flood and a short chapter in First Strike we get a genuine insight into how te Covenant functions and how they dealt with the events of the prior game.

It's a shame all the MC fanboys had to complain about an alternate perspective and get Arbiter missions removed from Halo 3. I really hope tht doesn't happen with Locke in Halo 5/6, I already like Fireteam Osiris as a squad much more than Blue Team just from Escalation, HiTD, Nathan Fillion and Nightfall.

To reply to the OP question, the finale of HuntTheTruth hints that Petra will be taking over the role of Hunting the truth in a series of her own, possibly in Halo 5's terminals or the fall of reach animated series that comes with the LE and LCE.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was very pleasantly surprised. It would have been cool if the rest of blue team played their roles in the game like they did in the books. Kelly should have had a little bit more speed and I should have found Linda in crazy sniping positions pulling off impossible shots... although I know all of these wishes would be almost impossible to put in the game.  Maybe in Halo 6 they will do some stuff in the cut scenes. Even more noticeable is John's dialogue. In the previous games, he was incredibly quiet. In the books he came off as sarcastic at times. For example in "The Flood", 343 Guilty Spark randomly remarks "I'm a genius" after doing something, (cant remember). John sarcastically responds, "and I'm a vice admiral". I can see 343i is gradually changing John's character in the game to be more like the book. 

I was very pleasantly surprised. It would have been cool if the rest of blue team played their roles in the game like they did in the books. Kelly should have had a little bit more speed and I should have found Linda in crazy sniping positions pulling off impossible shots... although I know all of these wishes would be almost impossible to put in the game. Maybe in Halo 6 they will do some stuff in the cut scenes. Even more noticeable is John's dialogue. In the previous games, he was incredibly quiet. In the books he came off as sarcastic at times. For example in "The Flood", 343 Guilty Spark randomly remarks "I'm a genius" after doing something, (cant remember). John sarcastically responds, "and I'm a vice admiral". I can see 343i is gradually changing John's character in the game to be more like the book.

Kelly has a faster run speed in-game. Just the friendly AI is awful so it's rarely noticeable.