Halo 5: Guardians SE, LE and CE contents

Halo 5: Guardians SE, LE and CE contents

post-11796-0-89990100-1434476703_thumb.jpg

A while ago we got confirmation of a Limited edition and a Collectors edition for Halo 5: Guardians, only they weren't very specific. Now with Microsoft's E3 conference behind us we get the specifics.

Last time we were on this subject we go the confirmation of a Limited edition which would include digital content to "enhance Spartan combat" and would cost around $100. The Collectors edition also got confirmed and would contain everything the Limited editions includes and a statue. This edition was rumoured to be somewhere around $250.

So let's take a look at what they'll actually contain shall we?

The Standard edition of $59.99 will include:

- The game

- A 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial

The Limited edition of $99.99 will include:

- The game

- Halo: The Fall of Reach Animated Series

- A Guardian Model by Metal Earth

- Spartan Locke's classified orders

- Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris

- A Warzone REQ bundle with 14 Premium Requisition packs

- Everything wrapped in a nice Steelbook package

The Collectors edition of $249.99 will include:

- The game

- Halo: The Fall of Reach Animated Series

- A Guardian Model by Metal Earth

- Spartan Locke's classified orders

- Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris

- A Warzone REQ bundle with 14 Premium Requisition packs

- A Spartan Locke and Master Chief statue that can appear as a team when connected, but can be disconnected to make them face eachother.

- LE contents wrapped in a Steelbook package

- Everything wrapped in a cool looking box

Pre-order to recieve some extra content. Content may vary per retailer.

Which edition are you going to get? 

Let us know down below! My eye is on the Limited edition.

Thank you for reading! :D

Source:

Xbox

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6

I will be honest after seeing the Fallout Pipboy edition, that kinda makes every other edition of any game just seem, meh at best. :)

Its not that these editions are bad they just don't seem worth the money I mean who the chuff is going to spend $249.99 plus Gold for Halo 5? Nobody unless you have money to burn. Or you are insane....

Lets go through the Collectors edition content shall we?

14 day Gold- Comes with the standard game anyway

Halo: The Fall of Reach Animated Series- Will easily be able to be gotten on the Internet.

A Guardian Model by Metal Earth- A statue.

Spartan Locke's classified orders- Easily be able to be gotten via the Internet, besides don't we already knew Locke's orders? Find and kill or apprehend the Master Chief.

Dossiers on Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris- Are these not all available on the Internet right now anyway? I swear I say these somewhere.

A Warzone REQ bundle with 14 Premium Requisition packs- Only thing I would want to get but since it comes with the other edition.... kinda makes this one even more redundant.

A Spartan Locke and Master Chief statue that can appear as a team when connected, but can be disconnected to make them face each other- Cool statues I guess

LE contents wrapped in a Steelbook package- Okay.....

Everything wrapped in a cool looking box- Okay

Overall unless you are insane or love Halo statues so much you sleep with them at night, just get the standard edition or if you insist, the Limited edition, don't waste money on the collectors.

• Like 2

I'm going to at least be getting the LE, I'd love to get the CE if at all possible depending on my funds at the time. I really like the list of things, and I would personally love to have the statues and physical copies of the orders and dossiers.

Thanks for the read Peanut.

• Like 1

Not worth it this year  in terms of the DLC.  The REQ packs can be obtained in game, IDK why anyone woul want to spend so much more money just to get an animated series and some REQ packs (AKA Supply Drops AKA Fifa Ultimate Team Packs AKA you get the point). I mean, if you have money to throw around, then why not? But realistically this matters less as there is no season pass anymore to include in the limited edition as there was in Halo 4. Even with Halo 4 the limited edition content was all pushed to the rest of the public (which I can say as someone who got the lmited edition for the $100) which sucked for people who owned the limited edition. At the end of the day, the Halo 4 limited edition was more valuable than this. As for the bigger collector's edition, I can understand that because statues and figures are alll very worth collecting. It would just depen on whether or not it's quality. I mean if it's 3D printed cheap poly carbonate -- really? Anyway, that's just my opinion. :)

• Like 2

Not worth it this year  in terms of the DLC.  The REQ packs can be obtained in game, IDK why anyone woul want to spend so much more money just to get an animated series and some REQ packs (AKA Supply Drops AKA Fifa Ultimate Team Packs AKA you get the point). I mean, if you have money to throw around, then why not? But realistically this matters less as there is no season pass anymore to include in the limited edition as there was in Halo 4. Even with Halo 4 the limited edition content was all pushed to the rest of the public (which I can say as someone who got the lmited edition for the $100) which sucked for people who owned the limited edition. At the end of the day, the Halo 4 limited edition was more valuable than this. As for the bigger collector's edition, I can understand that because statues and figures are alll very worth collecting. It would just depen on whether or not it's quality. I mean if it's 3D printed cheap poly carbonate -- really? Anyway, that's just my opinion. :)

The Halo 4 Limited edition was $120, and you basically got similar items and such as the Halo 5 Limited Edition. Except H5 LE is $100, so that extra $20 was for DLC Pass on Halo 4. Not counting Champions Bundle. In my opinion you get the same stuff as if you bought Halo 4 LE without season pass.

Not only that, but DLC for Halo 5 was confirmed to be free. Either way, this deal is amazing. And unlike Halo 4, exclusive stuff will stay exclusive.

I also do not see your point on why a Collectors Edition for a statue is any better. A cost of $190 than just the standard game. 3D printed or not, quality or not. That's expensive for another $190. Just throwing out my opinion.

The LE looks like a much better deal then Halo 4. I still don't think this rivals what the Halo Reach LE had(that Nobel statue and Halseys journal :drool: ) but at least 343i is doing better even in giving us better editions :)

• Like 1

yeah, if I pre-order Halo 5 I'm like everyone else before me, I'm gonna just get the LE considering for me the LE is $150 NZD and the CE is $320NZD that is a heck of a lot more for just a statue and I don't have other Halo statues to go with so I'll be happy with paying $220NZD for the AC Syndicate Big Ben Edition which comes with a lot more soz Halo but your CE doesn't appeal to me at all

• Like 1

The Halo 4 Limited edition was $120, and you basically got similar items and such as the Halo 5 Limited Edition. Except H5 LE is $100, so that extra $20 was for DLC Pass on Halo 4. Not counting Champions Bundle. In my opinion you get the same stuff as if you bought Halo 4 LE without season pass.

Not only that, but DLC for Halo 5 was confirmed to be free. Either way, this deal is amazing. And unlike Halo 4, exclusive stuff will stay exclusive.

I also do not see your point on why a Collectors Edition for a statue is any better. A cost of $190 than just the standard game. 3D printed or not, quality or not. That's expensive for another $190. Just throwing out my opinion.

The Halo 4 LE was $100; I know this because I bought it. "The Limited Edition will apparently retail for $99"  - http://gamerant.com/halo-4-limited-edition-details  (There you go, second source it). That basically destroyed what you said about the season pass, but the season pass was an extra perk you got with the Halo 4 LE. And yes, the map packs for Halo 5 were confirmed to be free, which is why I said that Halo 4's LE was a better; because now there is no maps to include in a paid limited edition, so if you're someone who cares about the more significant DLC like maps rather than goodies like REQ packs and skins (the latter of which were actually in the Halo 4 limited edition as well), you would generally consider Halo 5's limited edition to be a not so great value; at least compared to Halo 4's. 

As for the statue; my father's been an action-figure/statue collector since before I was born. So trust me on what I'm saying here. These things are very special to collectors, and if you say that $190 is expensive; trust me, you haven't seen a glimpse of the reality of collecting these sorts of things. Toys, statues, action figures; if they're collector's items, and with good quality as well, it matters. Maybe not to the average Halo player like you and me; and I don't think it's supposed to be as it is called the "Collector's" edition. Why is it any better you ask? Well I know that in the collecting side of things, as long as it's in a limited quantity, it'd be worth the $250 price tag, even without the game. 

For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TERMINATOR-2-JUDGEMENT-DAY-TERMINATOR-T-1000-SIXTH-SCALE-FIGURE-HOT-TOYS-MIB-/371353439199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item567663cbdf

Or: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-AVENGERS-HULK-SIXTH-SCALE-FIGURE-HOT-TOYS-MIB-/281717837737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4197b10fa9

Yeah... These aren't limited edition's either. These don't come with video games and DLC, may I add. But they are qualit; which is why it's not worth it if they're hollow plastic. But if they're a little more solid... Well, like I said, it's worth it. And I said that as a toy collector would've said, so by no means am I saying that you care for a statue, otherwise you'd buy it. But I am saying that it is worth the price when you compare it to all the other statues/collectibles. Now, we don't have any ideas on the statue itself, so certain details (like build quality) would determine whether or not it's worth it.

I might've gone on too long of a rant, sorry if that's the case. Just throwing out my opinion.

A Spartan Locke and Master Chief statue that can appear as a team when connected, but can be disconnected to make them face each other- Cool statues I guess

I'm probably looking way too much into this but could that be a little hint that Chief and Locke may end up teaming up towards the end or something?

• Like 2

The Halo 4 LE was $100; I know this because I bought it. "The Limited Edition will apparently retail for $99"  - http://gamerant.com/halo-4-limited-edition-details  (There you go, second source it). That basically destroyed what you said about the season pass, but the season pass was an extra perk you got with the Halo 4 LE. And yes, the map packs for Halo 5 were confirmed to be free, which is why I said that Halo 4's LE was a better; because now there is no maps to include in a paid limited edition, so if you're someone who cares about the more significant DLC like maps rather than goodies like REQ packs and skins (the latter of which were actually in the Halo 4 limited edition as well), you would generally consider Halo 5's limited edition to be a not so great value; at least compared to Halo 4's. 

As for the statue; my father's been an action-figure/statue collector since before I was born. So trust me on what I'm saying here. These things are very special to collectors, and if you say that $190 is expensive; trust me, you haven't seen a glimpse of the reality of collecting these sorts of things. Toys, statues, action figures; if they're collector's items, and with good quality as well, it matters. Maybe not to the average Halo player like you and me; and I don't think it's supposed to be as it is called the "Collector's" edition. Why is it any better you ask? Well I know that in the collecting side of things, as long as it's in a limited quantity, it'd be worth the $250 price tag, even without the game. 

For example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TERMINATOR-2-JUDGEMENT-DAY-TERMINATOR-T-1000-SIXTH-SCALE-FIGURE-HOT-TOYS-MIB-/371353439199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item567663cbdf

Or: http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-AVENGERS-HULK-SIXTH-SCALE-FIGURE-HOT-TOYS-MIB-/281717837737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4197b10fa9

Yeah... These aren't limited edition's either. These don't come with video games and DLC, may I add. But they are qualit; which is why it's not worth it if they're hollow plastic. But if they're a little more solid... Well, like I said, it's worth it. And I said that as a toy collector would've said, so by no means am I saying that you care for a statue, otherwise you'd buy it. But I am saying that it is worth the price when you compare it to all the other statues/collectibles. Now, we don't have any ideas on the statue itself, so certain details (like build quality) would determine whether or not it's worth it.

I might've gone on too long of a rant, sorry if that's the case. Just throwing out my opinion.

It was 120 bucks here in Australia. 

I just read an article that pretty much upset me. I am seeing all over that the Limited Edition collectors Halo 5 will NOT have a physical copy of the game but it will have a download code.....Now if this is true I just have to say ARE YOU FRECKIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!  I pre ordered that game the day it was available for pre order Knowing that it came with the game. My son collects the halo series and it is his favorite game. I have spend THOUSANDS of dollars on collectables, games, clothes Etc.  The one thing that pisses me off the most if this is true is that I am spending 250 damn dollars for this collectors edition to be ripped of the game! now your making those fans of yours spend 60.00 -100.00 extra JUST to get a physical copy of the game!!! why?????? way would you do that to us??? I don't care that the edition gets sent out a week earlier if this is also the case I would rather wait when everyone else gets it so we can have the complete set! my son couldn't even play the game early anyway since it is a pre order and the code wont be active until the date of the release. so you not even offering a reason for taking this out of the collectors edition. I really hope this is NOT true I Will be one very upset parent!!! please don't do that to your fans especially ones that have been there since the beginning of the series and ones who have bought time and time again, with the games included.  Now this is going to cost me 300.00 to get it all. thanks 343! thanks a lot!!

@343industries

@@feucht I understand your resentment towards the news. And I agree with you. However, we are just a fan forum. With no ties to 343 Industries at all.  

Although you do have a good point, I would much rather prefer to have a disk copy of the game over a digital download. What's the point of the steelbook otherwise? 

I just read an article that pretty much upset me. I am seeing all over that the Limited Edition collectors Halo 5 will NOT have a physical copy of the game but it will have a download code.....Now if this is true I just have to say ARE YOU FRECKIN KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!  I pre ordered that game the day it was available for pre order Knowing that it came with the game. My son collects the halo series and it is his favorite game. I have spend THOUSANDS of dollars on collectables, games, clothes Etc.  The one thing that ****** me off the most if this is true is that I am spending 250 damn dollars for this collectors edition to be ripped of the game! now your making those fans of yours spend 60.00 -100.00 extra JUST to get a physical copy of the game!!! why?????? way would you do that to us??? I don't care that the edition gets sent out a week earlier if this is also the case I would rather wait when everyone else gets it so we can have the complete set! my son couldn't even play the game early anyway since it is a pre order and the code wont be active until the date of the release. so you not even offering a reason for taking this out of the collectors edition. I really hope this is NOT true I Will be one very upset parent!!! please don't do that to your fans especially ones that have been there since the beginning of the series and ones who have bought time and time again, with the games included.  Now this is going to cost me 300.00 to get it all. thanks 343! thanks a lot!!

@343industries

Here is your source and explanation. http://teambeyond.net/halo-5-guardians-limited-collectors-editions-detailed/

As far as that goes, this idea makes a lot of sense. Hands down, digital copy or physical copy. It doesn't matter. In my personal opinion, I would rather have a digital copy. Just because I can download it to my Xbox One, and it won't change the amount of space it's using because either way the games going to be installed, and the disc can be broke. Your digital content will remain forever on the account.

Nextly, there is no reason to go buy another copy. Unless you really insist on having a disc, which is just ridiculous. What you're thinking is wrong; I have no idea where you got that assumption from, but you are still getting the game.

As for you post, bad language and an upset attitude (assumed) won't get you nowhere. I suggest you are calm and explain your thoughts in a nice and neat manner. That way we can understand what you're trying to say.

Thank you.

• Like 1

^

Still sucks because...

1 Downloading an entire game is nowhere closer to actually just installing it. :)

2 You cant bring it to a friends house or trade with a friend < A MASSIVE DOWNSIDE!

3 You are going to have to wait a long time to play it after you bring it home ( for the game to download ) ( But also kinda redundant in this case but whatever! )

4 Disk copies take up less space on the limited Xbox one hard drive space.

EDIT

DONT GET THE LIMITED EDTION!

Just get the standard physical copy, it makes much sense, the limited edition is just a pile of rubbish you can get elsewhere.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

^

Still sucks because...

1 Downloading an entire game is nowhere closer to actually just installing it. :)

2 You cant bring it to a friends house or trade with a friend < A MASSIVE DOWNSIDE!

3 You are going to have to wait a long time to play it after you bring it home ( for the game to download ) ( But also kinda redundant in this case but whatever! )

4 Disk copies take up less space on the limited Xbox one hard drive space.

EDIT

DONT GET THE LIMITED EDTION!

Just get the standard physical copy, it makes much sense, the limited edition is just a pile of rubbish you can get elsewhere.

taking it to a friends house? you'd still have to install the game on their console :P

• Like 1

^

Still, you can still take it anyway!

DAMMM THE GAME FIXING PATCHES! :)

Remember when you could take a game to a friends house and just play it?

That was one of the benefits of console gaming that seems to be gone now.

Caboose, your arguments have no support as always.

BD-ROMs are slower than HDD. Do not bring the whole "Oh discs are better to put in and play then installing them." argument into this.

Also, H5 is not splitscreen so there's no taking the game to your friends house to play it. So why even bring it up? If they want the game, they can go buy it themselves instead of being greedy. And if you're letting them borrow it, this is also a good thing. It helps out with trust issues, you don't have to worry about your disc getting broke, stolen, or lost.

Also just to throw this out there, if you preorder the Digital Deluxe Edition, it's $89.99, you pretty much get the following:

Halo 5: Guardians (Game)

Halo 5: Guardians - Warzone REQ Bundle

Halo: The Fall of Reach - Animated Series

Halo 5: Guardians - Digital Preorder Bonus (Also comes with just standard Per-Order Edition for $59.99)

• Like 1

^
^

So he can play it too duh! :)

Besides, an fps game not having split screen is strange, most do its just 343 presuming everyone cares about 60fps, I don't I would rather play Co op.

And, downloading a whole game is nowhere near the amount of memory is takes to install a game, simple.

Also just to throw this out there, if you preorder the Digital Deluxe Edition, it's $89.99, you pretty much get the following:

Halo 5: Guardians (Game)

Halo 5: Guardians - Warzone REQ Bundle

Halo: The Fall of Reach - Animated Series

Halo 5: Guardians - Digital Preorder Bonus (Also comes with just standard Per-Order Edition for $59.99)

So that means the statue, the dossiers, the orders and the Steelbook are actually only worth $10...

That's kinda weird.