The official Xbox E3 2015 conference has given us a wealth of new details to get excited about for Halo 5: Guardians! Let's dive right in.

E3 2015 began with a bang as Bonnie Ross, a member of 343 Industries, walked on stage and set up the Halo 5 Story Trailer reveal, found on YouTube.com. The trailer shows Chief hunting something down, as Locke and his team prepare to take him on, receiving begrudging help from the Arbiter and his faction. Buck and Locke speak about the Master Chief and the price that comes with hunting him down, as they are all led to one specific location, to find Chief, the Covenant, and the Guardians. The gameplay footage showed off a new weapon, similar to the Plasma Launcher from Halo Reach, but more compact called the Plasma Caster, as well as team gameplay in action. It also showed just how ruthless Fireteam Osiris is in their efforts to track the Chief down, only being stopped by a large Promethean figure who tells them they are not allowed to enter, unlike the Chief, before the demo ends.

post-26953-0-29429700-1434394546_thumb.jpg

Multiplayer is shown off in a brand new BTB style mode called Warzone. This will take place on extremely large maps with 12 v 12 players, along with numerous NPCs. The game seems to begin with you and your team being dropped off in multiple Pelicans unto the battlefield as you fight with an array of weapons and vehicles. The game footage also hints at allied NPCs with marine chatter and red hunters possibly aligned to red team. Along with this, the Mantis seems to be back in action, very similar to it's precursor self. Along with the Mantis, a new Promethean air vehicle was demonstrated, possibly being player driven. The trailer can be seen on Xbox's YouTube.com channel, and is playable at E3.

post-26953-0-32757900-1434394696_thumb.png

All information and images are sourced from 343 Industries and Microsoft, shown at E3 2015.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6

That weapon was called a "Plasma Caster", and it appears to have two firing modes with one being Bow like in nature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4R40figUAU

Full gameplay ahoy, because I know we are going to examine it into dust.

I didn't even Notice, but when that promethean slashes Locke, it looks like everyone dies behind him. That thing also called himself, "the keeper of the domain and her secrets"

• Like 2

Behind the Scenes on Warzone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVqksdybfAU

Those music tracks you hear from 7:26 to the end of the ViDoc, oh my those new renditions of Classic Halo Music. I REALLY Hope those are apart of the Final in game OST.  :drool:

From Xbox Daily

Edited by rrhuntington

Halo 5 is certainly shaping up to be something amazing indeed. :)

If I had an Xbone I would certainly be hyped!

You should get one. If money's an issue, use whatever method you used for your PS4. Unless it was asking your parents. In which case you should get a summer job and pay for it yourself.

This stuff is amazing. Does anyone else love the new Ghost design?

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see here... Call of Duty has done this, but now it's in Halo 5. You can see who killed who with what.

3eIBO3c.png

And it also seems that 343 went beyond their Halo 4 foolishness, and they implemented a medal for everything! There's even assists on specific enemies now! 

b2yx8Yl.png

Tune up for next time on Halo 6, where you get a medal for dying.

• Like 1

Let's see here... Call of Duty has done this, but now it's in Halo 5. You can see who killed who with what.

3eIBO3c.png

And it also seems that 343 went beyond their Halo 4 foolishness, and they implemented a medal for everything! There's even assists on specific enemies now! 

b2yx8Yl.png

Tune up for next time on Halo 6, where you get a medal for dying.

I like the who killed who with what display. But the new medals are just stupid. Specific assist medals? And worst of all...

"Grunt Kill"

That's an actual thing.