Proper Destructable Terrain.

Wolfy5079

Yes and no.... although ut would be cool, it would take away the whole feel of halo. Like indesctrucible enviorments are actually funn and really without it, wouldn't make halo, halo. However having the option to do so, would be really nice. But if they're gonna make industructable enviorments, it better be made perfectly, as in EVERY thing can be destroyed, not just a few, EVERYTHING, and everything she doesn't need scripted code, as in it should not lose the same piece everytime. Oh, and when I saw eveything I also mean, like the insides of rock walls and like u can never stop creating giant holes in the ground.

I would think it would be cool, but it would seem to much like Battlefield. Also, it would be difficult to script it like Rumerboy said, Battlefield had multiple game to get to that point and they were ready for a fully destructible environment, Halo just hasn't worked on it. Maybe a little more detail when shooting stuff, but thats pretty much it.

We should have destructible environments but some forerunner metal should stay where it is.

While towers and such should be destructible.

Aah, just imagine having a full party in BTB and get the guy in the banshee to blow up all the camping spots on the map so the snipers would have no cover left to hide their p@ssy @ass behind, I get so annoyed when they snipe me from so far away that their body-color doesn't even show up on my TV with HDMI and stuff, some maps are really to big.

Halo 2 had certain destructible things on maps. I remember shooting out the columns on zanzibar where you arm the bomb. It was just rebar holding the base up. I dont mind things like that but holes in the ground? I dont like that

I remember this now that you say it. That was kind of cool, but need to think on the crater idea for a bit longer. Nice post though OP.

I hope there is no destructible environment in halo 4. I wouldn't mind the rocks and ground being torn up, but not the acuall pieces. What would be the point of a wall, or a building if some guy in a banshee could just knock it down. It works in Battlefield, but I don't think it would work in halo. But I do agree that bullet holes should show up on forgeable pieces, not just the map itself.

I hope there is no destructible environment in halo 4. I wouldn't mind the rocks and ground being torn up, but not the acuall pieces. What would be the point of a wall, or a building if some guy in a banshee could just knock it down. It works in Battlefield, but I don't think it would work in halo. But I do agree that bullet holes should show up on forgeable pieces, not just the map itself. And it would be cool in forge to set an object as destructible, but I think the built in maps, at least, shouldn't be destructible. Only community maps. But I also wouldn't mind a destruction playlist with destructible environments.

sorry, double post.

Triple post... do I really need to tell you what I tell the new people on the website? Just edit the first post. Still I agree Halo just wouldn't work with destructible environments. The game just depends on the original shape of the map too much.

Triple post... do I really need to tell you what I tell the new people on the website? Just edit the first post. Still I agree Halo just wouldn't work with destructible environments. The game just depends on the original shape of the map too much.

I just want a good amount of destructibility and damage. It would be kinda cool if I could throw a grenade at a wall, and when it blows up it takes some of the wall with it, blowing shrapnel into an enemy. I wish Spike Grenades would make a come back in Halo 4

I just want a good amount of destructibility and damage. It would be kinda cool if I could throw a grenade at a wall, and when it blows up it takes some of the wall with it, blowing shrapnel into an enemy. I wish Spike Grenades would make a come back in Halo 4

im fine with a little but of the wall popping off, just not to the extent where a player could completely destroy it. kind of like the concrete barrier, chunks of it fly off, but not the whole thing.

i was on a mobile and it was super slow. i hit the post button again to retry it, then it posted twice. sorry

im fine with a little but of the wall popping off, just not to the extent where a player could completely destroy it. kind of like the concrete barrier, chunks of it fly off, but not the whole thing.

i was on a mobile and it was super slow. i hit the post button again to retry it, then it posted twice. sorry

*sigh* Kurt... oh and Comcast FTW!