That image that had the grunt and elite looked like it was pulled straight from the first mission from Halo 4, not that it's bad because it really isn't but I was expecting the covenant to get upgrades like the UNSC. 

I hope the prometheans get some changes though, I think there is a lot they could do to make them look more impressive especially on the One.

• Like 1

Actually, Thel's forces are still very much using more classic designs; we've seen them in Halo: Escalation used by Thel's forces.

So it's likely a gameplay feature, make Jul's covenant look as they do, give Thel the more classic designs and you therefore have a fairly easy way to tell apart factions- imagine trying to distinguish friendly and enemy forces when they're all the same. Jul uses scavenged technology, whereas Thel has the factories on his side so it makes sense the two will look different.

Additionally, the UNSC underwent a major design change in Halo 4. Namely in the marines, foremostly. The ODST's and the Army (Reach)still retain their original styles very much. No point fixing something that isn't broken- nothing Jul uses is new, it's older tech than Thel uses.

• Like 1

wait, did buck just become a spartan?

It's been known since New Blood released along with;

Rookie gets shot in the face

Dutch retires

Mickey is a traitor spartan

Romeo is also a spartan and alive

Buck is in a thing with Veronica

wait, did buck just become a spartan? 

Yes, Halo: New Blood.. I haven't read it either, but I should suggest to you that you should try to keep up tabs on the lore. You don't have to know everything, just stick with the general stuff.

So from what we've heard, here's a little ranking list of all the main points that have been revealed so far about Halo 5 Guardians; I'd say at this point the good points outweigh the negatives, but they're still very much prevalent.

THE GOOD

• Halo CE-sized missions
  • "More than" 15 levels
  • Blue Team Returns. Play as them in Co Op
  • Buck returns. Play as him in Co op.
  • Players will be able to seamlessly drop in and out of Co op games without pausing or slowing the game
  • Over 20 maps on disc at launch
  • 15 planned future DLC maps will all be free
  • no loadouts
  • no ordinance
  • accuracy increase while scoping removed
  • Ranks can both increase an decrease
  • social playlists available for those that don't want to play ranked
  • Kazuma Jinnouchi (Metal Gear Solid composer) replacing Niel Davige as composer. Bringing back the main theme.
  • Creative Director is Tim Longo, best known as the project lead for "Star Wars: Republic Commando". Tim has stated that the game in many ways feels like a proper successor to RC. You can order your fireteam to hack, defend, target an enemy, or revive a fallen team squadmate.
  • Entire game runs at a consistant 60 fps.

THE BAD

• Invasion not returning
  • System Link not returning
  • Limit 2 players per console can play online multiplayer
  • No split screen Co Op
  • Online Co Op requires Xbox Live gold, meaning since there is no offline co op or split screen co op, the ability to play Halo 5: Guardians Co Op is essentially locked behind the Xbox Live paywall

THE UNCERTAIN

• Dual Wielding still not returning
  • Squadmates are present with you in EVERY mission, at all times, be them co op controlled or A.I. controlled.
  • Halo 5: Guardians is incorporating a "downed" system, similar to Republic Commando. If you are downed, you will need to be revived in a certain amount of time by a squad mate.
  • Resolution is still unclear. The beta ran at 720p. The final product has been confirmed to run "at a higher resolution"
  • Firefight may or may not be returning
  • Spartan Ops may or may not be returning

• Like 1

So from what we've heard, here's a little ranking list of all the main points that have been revealed so far about Halo 5 Guardians; I'd say at this point the good points outweigh the negatives, but they're still very much prevalent.

THE GOOD

• Halo CE-sized missions
  • "More than" 15 levels
  • Blue Team Returns. Play as them in Co Op
  • Buck returns. Play as him in Co op.
  • Players will be able to seamlessly drop in and out of Co op games without pausing or slowing the game
  • Over 20 maps on disc at launch
  • 15 planned future DLC maps will all be free
  • no loadouts
  • no ordinance
  • accuracy increase while scoping removed
  • Ranks can both increase an decrease
  • social playlists available for those that don't want to play ranked
  • Kazuma Jinnouchi (Metal Gear Solid composer) replacing Niel Davige as composer. Bringing back the main theme.
  • Creative Director is Tim Longo, best known as the project lead for "Star Wars: Republic Commando". Tim has stated that the game in many ways feels like a proper successor to RC. You can order your fireteam to hack, defend, target an enemy, or revive a fallen team squadmate.
  • Entire game runs at a consistant 60 fps.

THE BAD

• Invasion not returning
  • System Link not returning
  • Limit 2 players per console can play online multiplayer
  • No split screen Co Op
  • Online Co Op requires Xbox Live gold, meaning since there is no offline co op or split screen co op, the ability to play Halo 5: Guardians Co Op is essentially locked behind the Xbox Live paywall

THE UNCERTAIN

• Dual Wielding still not returning
  • Squadmates are present with you in EVERY mission, at all times, be them co op controlled or A.I. controlled.
  • Halo 5: Guardians is incorporating a "downed" system, similar to Republic Commando. If you are downed, you will need to be revived in a certain amount of time by a squad mate.
  • Resolution is still unclear. The beta ran at 720p. The final product has been confirmed to run "at a higher resolution"
  • Firefight may or may not be returning
  • Spartan Ops may or may not be returning

Actually, the article confirmed that Halo 5's online co-op does not require Gold, to compensate for the lack of splitscreen.

I do think it's a shame that there won't be CGI cutscenes in Halo 5. I loved the CGI cutscenes for H2A, they looked amazing.

Actually, the article confirmed that Halo 5's online co-op does not require Gold, to compensate for the lack of splitscreen.

I do think it's a shame that there won't be CGI cutscenes in Halo 5. I loved the CGI cutscenes for H2A, they looked amazing.

Josh Holmes corrected this in a blog on Halo Waypoint saying that there was miscommunication, you MUST have XBL Gold to play Co-op campaign, and Halo 5 Guardians will have a 14 day XBL Gold trial bundled with it.

Josh Holmes corrected this in a blog on Halo Waypoint saying that there was miscommunication, you MUST have XBL Gold to play Co-op campaign, and Halo 5 Guardians will have a 14 day XBL Gold trial bundled with it.

Oh. Well that's disappointing.

So good they did do something different with Prometheans.  In that line it would appear to be the Jackal Equivalent in comparison to Covenant Squad structure, with the Knight being comparable to the Elite. But He could be completely something else in terms of battle stature. Whatever it is, those legs make me feel it's gonna be fast.