First, I would like to politely state that this isn't 343i official forums therefore we are just fans. Secondly that kind of attitude will not get very far, not being rude, just saying you could complain in a more polite manner. 

Who thinks BUNGIE is way better than 343 

when 343 showed up they screwed with the entire game like WTF!!!

Tbh, 343 arrived much before Halo 4. 343 assisted Bungie in developing ODST and Reach, ODST being one of the best. Bungie was voluntarily leaving Halo, and 343 has had just one rough patch and people are acting like 343 had the whole 10 years to prepare. 

Also just saiyan, mel but I see no indication that he doesn't know.

343i > Bungie

Bungie screwed up so much, but like Nintendo, people like to pretend it never happened and only speak highly of them.

343i have always admitted to their mistakes and try their best to work with the community to create content they want.

• Like 1

Bungie made a good first 3 games and ODST. That is all. And that's in terms of gameplay. Do you have any idea how much crap Bungie spewed that 343i had to cover for to make everything canonical? Well the entirety of Halo: Reach is only a part of it. 343 is doing everything to give fans what they want right now with MCC and Halo 5. If ya wanna play Bungie's games, no one's stopping you. They're there on the MCC brought to you by 343i. 

Bungie made a good first 3 games and ODST. That is all. And that's in terms of gameplay. Do you have any idea how much crap Bungie spewed that 343i had to cover for to make everything canonical? Well the entirety of Halo: Reach is only a part of it. 343 is doing everything to give fans what they want right now with MCC and Halo 5. If ya wanna play Bungie's games, no one's stopping you. They're there on the MCC brought to you by 343i. 

If I may point out what Bungie did right and wrong in short;

Halo CE is objectively the best Halo game they made. The story was almost flawless, the multiplayer was flawless for what technology was available and without a doubt made the Xbox sell.

Halo 2's multiplayer was the worst coded in the series, but had a love/hate story with great story telling.

Halo 3 had the best built multiplayer with a story that seemed lacking to some as a concluding game, great innovation with Theater Mode and Forge.

Halo 3 ODST had the best story telling (not story itself) and suffered from a terrible design choice to not include matchmaking in Firefight, great to add the Mythic Maps to Halo 3 though.

Halo Reach had a satisfying story but ruined every established lore regarding Reach, Blue Team and Pillar of Autumn. The best designed Forge and improved Firefight along with campaign matchmaking.

And for 343i

Halo CE:A is simply a remaster and really didn't have anything to be critised about, it wasn't even fully developed by 343i.

Halo 4 took a sharp turn in the multiplayer which did and did not work, however was eventually fixed from constant work and communication with the community. The story was lacking however showed a bit of promise to bring a new 343i twist on the series, forge was inferior to that of Halo Reach

Halo Spartan Assault/Spartan Strike offered nice little campaigns giving backstory to characters and happenings in the universe, but shouldn't be considered too highly as a Halo game since it lacks so much of what makes Halo, Halo.

Halo MCC failed miserably and should be considered as one of the biggest launch failures in modern history for games, Halo 2:A was remastered at a great level, however the massive amounts of problems with achievements and multiplayer give this launch a nasty stigma. The Halo 2:A forge would be the best in the franchise, if not for frame rate issues when high amounts of objects are phased together or stuck through magnets

Halo 5 Guardians Beta showed great promise of true Halo evolution from Halo 4, and offered a feel similar to Halo 3's. The lack of balance and player fairness from Halo 4 was removed to an even playing field that being of an Arena.

From that short list it's very clear that Bungie were never perfect and only had one truly god game in their development for the Halo franchise, being the first they made (funnily enough not being controlled by Microsoft). However, they never ever once stood up and apologised for their actions or even admitted they did things wrong. They only praised their games and themselves (luckily that's changed with their attitude from Destiny). 343i on the other hand have always been open in their failures and success, and try their best to work a community that hates itself and cannot work at all together.

From that, that's how I can establish that 343i are a much better Halo developer than Bungie. As production studios themselves they're equal (see the change in the culture at Bungie due to Destiny), but for Halo, 343i is superior in more aspects than Bungie.

Tbh, 343 arrived much before Halo 4. 343 assisted Bungie in developing ODST and Reach, ODST being one of the best. Bungie was voluntarily leaving Halo, and 343 has had just one rough patch and people are acting like 343 had the whole 10 years to prepare.

Also just saiyan, mel but I see no indication that he doesn't know.

Nooo, they didn't. They were formed in 2007 with a skeleton crew of a dozen employees, and largely focused on Waypoint, Evolutions (Both the book and the motion comics) then began making Halo 4 at some point after Bungie made the Reach engine (Halo 4 runs a modified Reach, so H2A is technically HR.5.1).

If I may point out what Bungie did right and wrong in short;

Halo CE is objectively the best Halo game they made. The story was almost flawless, the multiplayer was flawless for what technology was available and without a doubt made the Xbox sell.

Halo 2's multiplayer was the worst coded in the series, but had a love/hate story with great story telling.

Halo 3 had the best built multiplayer with a story that seemed lacking to some as a concluding game, great innovation with Theater Mode and Forge.

Halo 3 ODST had the best story telling (not story itself) and suffered from a terrible design choice to not include matchmaking in Firefight, great to add the Mythic Maps to Halo 3 though.

Halo Reach had a satisfying story but ruined every established lore regarding Reach, Blue Team and Pillar of Autumn. The best designed Forge and improved Firefight along with campaign matchmaking.

And for 343i

Halo CE:A is simply a remaster and really didn't have anything to be critised about, it wasn't even fully developed by 343i.

Halo 4 took a sharp turn in the multiplayer which did and did not work, however was eventually fixed from constant work and communication with the community. The story was lacking however showed a bit of promise to bring a new 343i twist on the series, forge was inferior to that of Halo Reach

Halo Spartan Assault/Spartan Strike offered nice little campaigns giving backstory to characters and happenings in the universe, but shouldn't be considered too highly as a Halo game since it lacks so much of what makes Halo, Halo.

Halo MCC failed miserably and should be considered as one of the biggest launch failures in modern history for games, Halo 2:A was remastered at a great level, however the massive amounts of problems with achievements and multiplayer give this launch a nasty stigma. The Halo 2:A forge would be the best in the franchise, if not for frame rate issues when high amounts of objects are phased together or stuck through magnets

Halo 5 Guardians Beta showed great promise of true Halo evolution from Halo 4, and offered a feel similar to Halo 3's. The lack of balance and player fairness from Halo 4 was removed to an even playing field that being of an Arena.

From that short list it's very clear that Bungie were never perfect and only had one truly god game in their development for the Halo franchise, being the first they made (funnily enough not being controlled by Microsoft). However, they never ever once stood up and apologised for their actions or even admitted they did things wrong. They only praised their games and themselves (luckily that's changed with their attitude from Destiny). 343i on the other hand have always been open in their failures and success, and try their best to work a community that hates itself and cannot work at all together.

From that, that's how I can establish that 343i are a much better Halo developer than Bungie. As production studios themselves they're equal (see the change in the culture at Bungie due to Destiny), but for Halo, 343i is superior in more aspects than Bungie.

Also 343i being responsible for an ongoing Graphic Novel series, Evolutions, 6 Halo Novel releases in these 2 years (Broken Circle last November, New Blood in March, everything else later this year.) and a total of 13/14 (Evolutions I+II were later released as one so it depends on perspective) novels released + 2 comic series' and three (Remember the Spielberg thing) live action projects and a bunch of other cool stuff that isn't as well known.

Also 343i being responsible for an ongoing Graphic Novel series, Evolutions, 6 Halo Novel releases in these 2 years (Broken Circle last November, New Blood in March, everything else later this year.) and a total of 13/14 (Evolutions I+II were later released as one so it depends on perspective) novels released + 2 comic series' and three (Remember the Spielberg thing) live action projects and a bunch of other cool stuff that isn't as well known.

Yeah I have very little knowledge on much of any written/drawn media for Halo, so I cannot comment on that for a comparison, hence why I only selected my knowledge for their games.

Although I will say after reading all of Escalation, I wish that never even made it off ground floor, it's absolute garbage, even if it's a bit comical.

Yeah I have very little knowledge on much of any written/drawn media for Halo, so I cannot comment on that for a comparison, hence why I only selected my knowledge for their games.

Although I will say after reading all of Escalation, I wish that never even made it off ground floor, it's absolute garbage, even if it's a bit comical.

Some arcs are better than others; Issues 1-7 were good, The Next 72 Hours is pretty bad, but everything since has been pretty good. The art work (That appears to be new artists and a new writer) for Spartan Tanaka (A member of Locke's squad) arc was particularly good, aside from one silly face.

I'm hoping The Absolute Record, starting in three weeks will be as good as the last couple.

Bungie lucked out in most cases. Most of the so called 'features' were mistakes made by Bungie but they just rolled with it.

It still baffles me how people think Halo 2 was the best in the series when technically speaking it was one of the worst. Imbalanced weapons and glitches galore.

Even though 343i made a huge mistake with the MCC, I'd pick 343i over Bungie any day.

Also, dat Halo 5 beta :drool:

• Like 1

As P34nut said, Bungie got lucky. :)

Did you know Bungie was planning loadouts for Halo 2 but scrapped it due to time constraints?

The feature that so many people hated 343 for in Halo 4 was originally going to be in Halo 2....

I would honestly take 343 over Bungie any day simply because of how they handle the Halo lore.

• Like 1

Bungie screwed up so much, but like Nintendo, people like to pretend it never happened and only speak highly of them.

343i have always admitted to their mistakes and try their best to work with the community to create content they want.

This.

Actually no they don't admit to their mistakes outright. Look at the bugs with MCC and the entire list of issues we have had with Halo 4. They use subterfuge and long technical responses to distance themselves from the real problem they have had in developing the last two titles.

MCC is plain out ignorance and lack of any real quality programming. Do you here 343 saying, "Sorry, we didn't realize that programming a universal interface and side engine to load the games bug free was out of our scope of qualifications as a whole"? No, instead they resort to bush beating about what the real issues were. Plainly put, no one on their " crack, better than Bungie team" had what it took to make MCC happen, let alone release a stable working patch. 343 as a whole has nowhere the experience, drive or talent to make a product on par with Bungie did. I can list side by what issues both jad with every title, and the list is gonna be hugely onsided.

Hate to say it, but 15 years later, Bungie went back to a game they no longer worked on or had staff who worked on it, and within a month released a brand new CE PC update. No issues, no problems, just quality.

Bungie may not be the best developer aroind, but at least they were honest. I've watched a lot of VidOCs and interviews with Bungie from 1998-2009, and the one thing they always did better was deliver a mostly bug free experience and they never truly dived outside their experience and skill.

• Like 1

The reason some of the responses, or the lack of them, is because most people complain to the people who are working on Halo 5 and have been all along. They had nothing to do with the development of the MCC except for working under the same company logo.

The MCC was being made by a different team entirely. Bonny Ross, Franky, Josh Holmes and Kiki Wolfkill did not work on the MCC and and have stated that that's why the responses are either really technical or not there at all.

Actually no they don't admit to their mistakes outright. Look at the bugs with MCC and the entire list of issues we have had with Halo 4. They use subterfuge and long technical responses to distance themselves from the real problem they have had in developing the last two titles.

MCC is plain out ignorance and lack of any real quality programming. Do you here 343 saying, "Sorry, we didn't realize that programming a universal interface and side engine to load the games bug free was out of our scope of qualifications as a whole"? No, instead they resort to bush beating about what the real issues were. Plainly put, no one on their " crack, better than Bungie team" had what it took to make MCC happen, let alone release a stable working patch. 343 as a whole has nowhere the experience, drive or talent to make a product on par with Bungie did. I can list side by what issues both jad with every title, and the list is gonna be hugely onsided.

Hate to say it, but 15 years later, Bungie went back to a game they no longer worked on or had staff who worked on it, and within a month released a brand new CE PC update. No issues, no problems, just quality.

Bungie may not be the best developer aroind, but at least they were honest. I've watched a lot of VidOCs and interviews with Bungie from 1998-2009, and the one thing they always did better was deliver a mostly bug free experience and they never truly dived outside their experience and skill.

343 didn't make MCC. Like 95% of it was outsourced and then they stuck their label on it.

Regarding the dev of reach thing, I was referring to making the game itself. Aside from Frankie, I don't think any 343i employees were involved in the pre-launch development. I know they made the CEA pack and did post-launch tu's after Bungie gave up control.

343 didn't make MCC. Like 95% of it was outsourced and then they stuck their label on it.

Regarding the dev of reach thing, I was referring to making the game itself. Aside from Frankie, I don't think any 343i employees were involved in the pre-launch development. I know they made the CEA pack and did post-launch tu's after Bungie gave up control.

But 343i was in charge of the servers, which is what everyone is complaining about.

To correct the following wrong information...

1. 343i outsourced campaign visual overhauls as well as multiplayer. Internally THEY handled the coding to bring everything together. The faults with MCC are strictly server side which IS 343i.

2. Halo Reach WAS co-developed by 25 members of 343i and Bungie. It was used to teach 343 how to handle the engine. Frankie was literally of no integral help other than overwight management.

3. To date how many times was a Bungie developed Halo given a complete fixing patch or title update to correct bugs? See below...

- Halo CE: None

- Halo 2: 3, all to fix hacks, cheats and exploits. Only 1 contained matchmaking update.

- Halo 3: 3, to all improved playlists and achievments and 1 to remove BXR combo.

- Halo 3: ODST: none

- Halo Reach: 2, one to change float damage and bloom issues, and one to correct matchmaking.

Now lets look at 343 Industries end of it.

- Halo 4: 5, each one including various stability or glitch fixes.

-MCC: I lost count. After roughly about 7-8 updates nothing works even nearly as good as when Bungie released a title.

The point is, Bungie obviously spent a lot more time delving into the bug section of their titles themselves, rather than allow the multitude of theses "Halo pros" to do it. 343i has failed time and time again in terms of quality control. Please refer to Halo Wiki for exacts on the TU's, then run them all side by side. Bungie>343 its fact.

Average bug fix update for Bungie was 3. Average so far for 343i is 5.

To correct the following wrong information...

1. 343i outsourced campaign visual overhauls as well as multiplayer. Internally THEY handled the coding to bring everything together. The faults with MCC are strictly server side which IS 343i.

2. Halo Reach WAS co-developed by 25 members of 343i and Bungie. It was used to teach 343 how to handle the engine. Frankie was literally of no integral help other than overwight management.

3. To date how many times was a Bungie developed Halo given a complete fixing patch or title update to correct bugs? See below...

- Halo CE: None

- Halo 2: 3, all to fix hacks, cheats and exploits. Only 1 contained matchmaking update.

- Halo 3: 3, to all improved playlists and achievments and 1 to remove BXR combo.

- Halo 3: ODST: none

- Halo Reach: 2, one to change float damage and bloom issues, and one to correct matchmaking.

Now lets look at 343 Industries end of it.

- Halo 4: 5, each one including various stability or glitch fixes.

-MCC: I lost count. After roughly about 7-8 updates nothing works even nearly as good as when Bungie released a title.

The point is, Bungie obviously spent a lot more time delving into the bug section of their titles themselves, rather than allow the multitude of theses "Halo pros" to do it. 343i has failed time and time again in terms of quality control. Please refer to Halo Wiki for exacts on the TU's, then run them all side by side. Bungie>343 its fact.

Average bug fix update for Bungie was 3. Average so far for 343i is 5.

You have so much insight! I agree with everything you said, but let's take more than Halo into count. Bungie's now produced a new title that was a big seller upon release, but after most realized there is no story and the weapons are imbalanced it is turning into no better than 343i Halo games. Destiny has a lot of the same issues. Countless patches to balance weapons, bad story that goes unfixed after 2 expansions, and even had the audacity to have some of the expansions hidden on the disk that they unlocked when you paid for it months after initial release. They even banned people for getting into the "expansion" before it's launch. They are just as shady now.