Hello so i just thought of a halo game i think fans like me and others would love too see. Halo made into a free roam style just like how ODST gave that feel but really wasnt. Thinking of a mission drop in as a ODST somehow end up as a last surviving human on a planet the Covenant has taken over. Working ur way around sneak killing to go to places work on building or getting your hands on a ship for travel, maybe be able to find others to add to a squad working towards a objective to reclaim the planet. Something allong those lines. Maybe find others who fell in the battles switch out gear so as to switch classes may be able to find spartan armor but the rare.

It just came to me and i think making a free roam halo would be awsome! 

• Like 1

So let me get this straight......

You want a Halo game like this....

You want Halo made into a "free roam" game.
The protagonist of this game will be an Odst who somehow ends up as the last survivor on a planet taken by the Storm covenant.
You sneak around a lot and kill people too! :)
Later in the game you get a ship or some kind, either a ship you can use in water or a space worthy ship that you can use to travel to places instead of walking you lazy person!
For some reason you are delusional enough that you can take back an entire planet singlehandedly from an army.
You can find gear from other dead Odst's
You have classes..... in a Halo game...... ( okay this idea makes no sense )
You can wear Spartan armour ( Okay that's a lore breaker right there, if an Odst tried wearing Spartan armour it might break the Odst's back )

Anyway the best definition of what "free roam" means is this "A free roaming game means there is an "open world" aspect. That is, you can travel around in a non-linear fashion and pick up quests or missions to complete. You're not stuck moving through the game level by level in order."

So in Odst you were in a tiny map compared to all other open world games with a few audio logs scattered around and you could complete missions in a slightly different order, sometimes.

Odst was not a free roam game.

So in Odst you were in a tiny map compared to all other open world games with a few audio logs scattered around and you could complete missions in a slightly different order, sometimes.

Not to knock the thread off topic. But this paragraph is just stupid.

Caboose, did you even play ODST? "Complete missions in a slightly different order." No, they're more as clues. You get to play as the other ODST's, but that doesn't matter. You're finding clues, not missions. The order doesn't really affect the end scenario. Because you do the same thing no matter what. You just found one clue before the other.

End of statement. Please return to the original post. I just figured I'd throw this in.

• Like 1

^

Yes I did play Odst.

And finding one of those clues that lets face it are a pretty bad clues and give the Rookie no better idea where everyone is, if they are even alive.

Like a piece of a burning building. smile.png

"No, they're more as clues"

Yes but you are still completing missions from the Hub.
You know, something on the Hub map lights up and you go over there and start a cutscene where the Rookie finds something from something that happened here previously.

You misinterpreted my statement and made a pointless post out of it. Finding clues is what I meant by completing missions because that is what you do, it is just a fancy way of starting a mission, no?

"The order doesn't really affect the end scenario. Because you do the same thing no matter what. You just found one clue before the other."

Yes, that is pretty much what I put in my post.

You can complete missions in a different order however the difference is none.

Edited by Caboose The Ace