message to 343

Ive been an avid halo player since the begining. I love the game love the single player LOVED the multiplayer. Key word loved. I got to say when i found out that team doubles was coming back i was so excited and looked forward to playing it. Turns out it returnee but as a social game type. Where is the ranking we were promised. Im sorry 343 but your running this game into the ground. As a fan that's stood by you giving you the benifit of the doubt more times than not today i finally realise that my efforts and those of more of your fans have been in vain. Least we can say you tried. But I'm not sticking around to be disappointed yet again by your next miracle update. Today you not only lost a fan but also lost a customer. I will not be purchasing any further halo merchandise or Games. it was a good run buddy but i think it's time we see other people.....

Sincerely 1 of the millions of fans who have lost faith in your company's abilities. Do us all a favor and sell the franchise to a company that actually knows what the customer wants and will actually come thru with our wants. You've done enough damage.

• Like 1

Agreed, and they have had two chances with getting it right, once with halo 4 and again with mcc and both failed, with the ranking systems. Everyone stopped playing because in halo 4 you'd either steamroll the other team or get steam rolled. Neither is fun for either team. And mcc wow, how can you take some of the most coveted xbox titles and butcher them. Granted h2a was a solid redo but still. All is not well and I also gave them the benefit of the doubt even stood behind halo 4, when everyone said halo died I still played, but I seriously might just walk away, anyone got evolve or mortall combat or borderlands ha ha?

I extend to you folks the most sincere apologies. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your game purchases and content. Rest assured we work very hard to bring you the most competative AAA content.

If you be so kind as to lay out your issues in a more detailed streamline manner, I would be happy to assist you.

• Like 2

Because the lack of ranking is clearly running a multi-billion dollar franchise spanning just about every form of media imaginable funded by the biggest software corporation in the world into the ground. Not the incredibly glitchy, non-functional gameplay and susequent fallout from the latest release, no. It's a feature that barely impacts anything.

Because the lack of ranking is clearly running a multi-billion dollar franchise spanning just about every form of media imaginable funded by the biggest software corporation in the world into the ground. Not the incredibly glitchy, non-functional gameplay and susequent fallout from the latest release, no. It's a feature that barely impacts anything.

I guess my question for you would be what is the point then? Without a functioning ranking system a game loses that competitive edge. At least to me. Players need something to feel like they are actually accomplishing especially when it comes to the Often familiar multiplayer grind. It might be something that you do not give much thought to but to me and other gamers (i know I'm not the only one) it's a necessity.

I think the ranking system needs to be improved. I have been getting matched with players who have a skill level far beyond mine, and why isn't there a public co-op? Where people could just go to multiplayer and host/join a campaign mission? About the multiplayer, I am very disappointed when I found out that we are not allowed to express our nameplates, emblems, and service ID's during multiplayer matches. What's the point of even having those if they are just going to be stripped away during a match? I don't want the boring swirl when I'm on the red team, or the lame spartan/sword logo on the blue. One of my favorite features in the Halo games made by Bungie was that they actually allowed players to use those items in any match! I loved seeing other player's creativity through their emblems, and proudly display their clan's designated ID on their armor in the middle of combat. This feature being taken away by 343 was extremely saddening to me, my question is, why would you even add those features if your going to take it away during a match? Why would a company give players the ability to unlock stuff they are not even allowed to use? Please give players back our freedom and give us the ability to express their nameplates, emblems, and ID's. This should have been considered before launch, I don't understand why something like this would even be agreed to.

I guess my question for you would be what is the point then? Without a functioning ranking system a game loses that competitive edge. At least to me. Players need something to feel like they are actually accomplishing especially when it comes to the Often familiar multiplayer grind. It might be something that you do not give much thought to but to me and other gamers (i know I'm not the only one) it's a necessity.

Something that isn't arbritary. All I think when I see a 50 next to someone is that they some way too much time on one playlist.

Fun gameplay should be enough in of itself; I'm level 120 on Battlefield 4 and have every weapon and vehicle unlock in the game. I have nothing to work towards apart from the elusive rank 140, yet I continue to play; why? Because the gameplay is pure fun so I can play without needing some kind of reward. I can still play Titanfall despite unlocking every piece of gear (And only using the R101C Carbine, mind) a total of seven times across X360 and X1- I have nothing left to experience in the game so why do I continue to play? Because it's fun.

If you need a meaningless number to justify playing a game, you're not enjoying the game. You're just trying to find a reason to justify why you continue playing.

Also, what does 'competitive' even mean? It's just a throwaway word at this point alongside 'gritty', 'realistic' or 'strong female character'. Any video game is, by definition of the word, competitive as long a it has a success and a failure state.

Edited by BaconShelf