The text message you don't want to recieve

Pbrabbit

Earlier this week, some how out of the blue, someone managed to come up with certain text message with english, arabic symbols that mean nothing and 1 japanese character that make your phone restart after 15 seconds. All your Iphone has to do is receive the message and boom, the phone restarts. Apple has claimed they are working on a fix, but for right now, anyone with an Iphone is susceptible to this annoying code. Good thing I don't have an Iphone! Phew! 

What do you all think? Is this a code somebody stumbled upon? Or was it created to wreak havoc among the populous. 

• Like 2

Obviously created to ssip off people because of it being random gibberish in different languages. Gibberish in different languages is always a bad sign to me. Now just imagine if they make one where it Bricks your phone...

iPhones are already basically bricks :troll:  Here's the problem, although the text message may display these certain gibberish characters, there is also obviously an underlying ASCII character type or other language that is not displayed.  Similar to how some Android versions don't display emoticons from other phones.  It's highly logical to conclude that the text message also contains numerical or alphabetical data that is actually code to execute when received. 

The message needs to show up in a banner at the top of the screen to work. If you just turn that off in the settings you should be fine. From what I know both text messages and WhatsApp messages can be used for this, so turn those off.

Isn't it also restricted to iPhones with IOS 8?