Bossguy

Earlier you said in the shoutbox "You cant argue with facts" so let me give you one fact that blows your point out the water. :)

The 360 is nearly a decade old and is completely outdated by todays standards and is dying as many game companies are now no longer making games for it. For example Ubisoft.

The Xbox one has lots of devs making new games for it and is only a few years out of date.

• Like 1

I'm indifferent about which console is the best, it's just a silly argument to get people stirred up.

However, I seem to play the Xbox 360 more than the One (Before mine kinda broke..). Yes, I like the One, but to me it was pricey.

This whole argument is a flame war waiting to happen. Caboose, good hardware does not a superior console make. The 360 may be a decade old yes, but the Xbox One has not had a chance to be even 1/4 of the way utilized to it's full potential.

Simply throwing great hardware together does not automatically make games developed for it superior in any way. Hardware normally takes a good solid 7 years in order for software to be written that fully takes advantage of and optimizes hardware for perfect use. As an example, look at games from launch for the 360, versus the latest ones at it's EOL cycle.

Now, compare the launch titles for Xbox One versus the EOL titles for the 360. There is very little actual difference between the code used to initialize and utilize assets, and most differences you see are simply streaming output. Meaning that the games for the 360 for the past 3 years would look just as amazing as the XB1 had the 360 been given a streaming APU output update.

• Like 4

^

Regardless the Xbox one is still the better console because it has got better hardware. :)

Simply put..... The 360s hardware is extremely outdated and so devs struggle to make games for it due to the hardware limitations.

The Xbox one does not have this problem.....

You seem to miss the point and nature of hardware/software utilization.  Yes the Xbox One has better hardware, but the software for developing the 360 is better than XB1.

The only difficulty with 360 now, is that the software has reached it's limitations.  Xbox One is only developer friendly in regards to the architecture it is now running on.  In terms of capability, software for developing on the 360 and XB1 are equal right now.  we will not see any truly revolutionary coding until 2016 or late 2015 at the earliest.

But the software for developing on the 360 is only because the console is almost 10 years old. :)

The Xbox one will get there in time.....

Plus as of now the Xb1 is more powerful than the 360.... for example bigger open worlds or better graphics.

So.... The xbox one is better than the 360, simply because its not almost a decade old.

The 360 is a wonderful console because it has a great library of games and was able to survive on the market for 10 years. The One is a great console because of the potential it has with its more powerful hardware. But as Twin said, it will take time for game developers to utilize the One to its fullest potential, much like the 360.

People tend to forget the problems old consoles/games had and are blinded by nostalgia. Sure the 360 was a good console, but it wasn't always like that. I remember my fair share of troubles the 360 caused for me. Parties breaking up, unjoinable parties, crashing, etc.

Give the Xbox One some time to be optimalised (and Microsoft is already well on their way to so) and we might have another console that can survive for 10+ years.

P34nut just jogged my memory about something, so thanks nut. :)

And no nut, the Xbox one will not last 10 years I can assure you that.

Anyway, does anyone remember the red ring of death, because I sure do.

And that about settles what console had a better launch, or what console was better.

Xbox 360 had red ring of death. Xbox one did not.....

Xbox one is the better console because of it.

May I point out also that the Xbox One is also the first console to NOT include any form of backwards compatibility?  That little forgotten feature alone widdles down the library of playable games that are actually good.  Well good as far as 1st party is concerned.  Let's face it..... as far as Microsoft exclusives go, Halo is the only real winner of an actual title.  That's not including acquired rights from companies like Sega, Rare, etc.

But does it really matter which console is better?  In the end, the Xbox One is still NOT profitable while sales on the Xbox 360 are.  Either way, it's a win for Microsoft since your still playing their hardware and talking about them.

• 4 weeks later...

May I point out also that the Xbox One is also the first console to NOT include any form of backwards compatibility?

Hm, let's see. PS4, GameCube, N64, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar and Atari 5200.

Also if we're including handhelds, PS Vita and Nintendo DSi.

Hm, let's see. PS4, GameCube, N64, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Atari Jaguar and Atari 5200.

Also if we're including handhelds, PS Vita and Nintendo DSi.

GameCube could read Gameboy games, you just needed the adapter and disc to read it.

We're not talking Nintendo or pre bankrupt console companies. Im speaking about Xbox through present. Nintendo always has old system titles playable through the Channel, so it makes physical copies pointless. As for the others you listed, Atari 7800 could indeed play 7200 and earlier carts. Also Sega and Nintendo did have expansion carts that allowed the play of older titles.