Help Getting In Contact With 343 Industries (Help Would Be Most Appreciate)

'Lo people. For the last year and a half I've been writing a Halo® novel entitled Halo® The Wanderer, which chronicles the life of a young Spartan 1.1 as he is trained into a stone-cold killer by the Office of Naval Intelligence and eventually joins every Spartan Program (except S-II – although he does attain S-II augmentations – and S-I/Orion Project of course). Essentially, it's like a biography but more in-depth and not always told from his perspective. I currently have nineteen chapters and 108 pages, and am midway through Part One of the story.

Anyway, I'm trying to get in contact in some form or fashion with 343 – telephone, email, anything – becasue I would like to send them a manuscript of what I have so far for proofreading. If you guys can help me, I would value it greatly.

Warm Regards,

IceFireWarden

^

Well for starters I can tell you that Halo waypoint is 343s official site not here, this is just a fan site run by fans. :)

Secondly from my limited knowledge of publishing books I can tell you, you are going to most likely have to be partnered up with a publisher to even publish a book like this.

Btw, this story so far does not sound cannon.

It makes no sense in the canonicity of the Halo universe.

So he is a Spartan one or more commonly known as project Orion? For some reason obtained Spartan II augmentations, became as Spartan III somehow then a Spartan four?

No, it make no sense at all so 343 would be even consider publishing this.

Sorry but its the cold hard truth.

Disregarding what Caboose has said that may or may not offend you..

Welcome to the forums.

You may want to take your looks to http://Halowaypoint.com and post in their forums section.

However, we (personally) can encourage that you stay here and join our community. We host events and others. Not only on Halo but other games as well. Though we cannot force you to stay, you are welcomed and encouraged too.

343 will not read your work, it is in theirs, and microsoft's T&C's. This is to avoid any non-343 ideas being allowed to form and thus avoid legal action. Even if it wasn't that, the idea sounds ridiculous, the ORION project was deemed a failure for a reason; namely for the fact that most individuals gained various diseases such as Avery Johnson gaining Boren's Syndrome. Furthermore, the SPARTAN-II and SPARTAN-III augmentations are practically the same (Minus the higher casualty rate in the former) and could only be performed on children, whose bodies were still growing and could adapt to changes, as opposed to a fully grown adult (IE the SPARTAN-IV program.)

The concept of an adult joining any program aside from ORION and S-IV is quite ridiculous; one used children kidnapped, the other used children orphaned by war. Neither would allow an adult to join.

Furtherfurthermore, the SPARTAN-IV augmentations do not increase strength, they increase bone density, replace several organs, modify the blood to allow the soldier in question to be immune to most toxins and pathogens and modify the respiratory system to allow the soldier to breathe methane, if necesary. The MJOLNIR-GEN2 armour does most of the heavy lifting.

• Like 2

^
^

Its not really offensive, pretty much what Baconshelf posted... just blunter. :)

It can be rounded up in two points.

1 343 are not going to read your work because of legal action.

2 The story does not sound cannon and so even if point one was not a thing, it still would not happen.

Disregarding what Caboose has said that may or may not offend you..

Welcome to the forums.

You may want to take your looks to http://Halowaypoint.com and post in their forums section.

However, we (personally) can encourage that you stay here and join our community. We host events and others. Not only on Halo but other games as well. Though we cannot force you to stay, you are welcomed and encouraged too.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) I've been lurking here for a few years, but it's good to officially join the community. Thanks, mate.

WIP

WIP

My apologizes Caboose and Bacon, but I think you guys misunderstood something that is integral to the entire story. The main protoganist isn't a SPARTAN-I, but a Spartan 1.1. His parents were both members of the Orion Project (his father died during Operation: TREBUCHET, his mother essentially went insane and abused him in everyway possible), and this caught the attention of Ackerson, who was beginning the stages of the S-III program. Essentially, the protoganist of the story was meant to be Ackerson's "Super Prototype" and "Ace in the Hole" amongst the Spartan-IIIs, and his and ONI's own personal wardog. However, the protoganist's (actually, he's more of a villian protoganist because he does a lot of ****ty things) mental state is seriously screwed because of his mother's treatment and the chemicals used in ORION that are running through his DNA. He eventually becomes the 'first' member of Alpha Company after Ackerson gets the green light from Parangosky (their meeting is in the book), and then receives SPARTAN-II augmentations instead of Project CHYRSATHUM (I'm sure I misspelled that, heh) procedures, and towards the end of the Human-Covenant War is approached to become a SPARTAN-IV.

While the intention of the book is to touch on several aspects of the Halo® EU that has been left sparse (the Battle of New Constantipole, Insurrection at Mamore, Rosenda-A344, the Cycloptic Elites that attacked the Headhunters, the Forerunner Judicials), it's mainly about the protoganist, his mental state, and his life as a licensed pyschopath as he slowly regains his humanity by gaining love ones and realizing he has personal choices.

I wont admit I'm the best at Halo® Lore, and I haven't played all of the games. But I have read every single novel, comic, watched every legendary walkthrough, official cinema/anime production, and terminal video released and have them stored on my personal computer. I'm intending to keep this story very well in touch with the Halo® Universe.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that they wont officially read my work without a publisher, but I'm not to the point where I want to contact one yet. Thank you all for your help. If you'd like, I can post an excerpt here or even the first chapter if you guys would like to read it.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that they wont officially read my work without a publisher, but I'm not to the point where I want to contact one yet. Thank you all for your help. If you'd like, I can post an excerpt here or even the first chapter if you guys would like to read it.

Put it in this sub-forum and I'm sure some people will give it a read.

I know I will :D

Thanks for the warm welcome! :) I've been lurking here for a few years, but it's good to officially join the community. Thanks, mate.

My apologizes Caboose and Bacon, but I think you guys misunderstood something that is integral to the entire story. The main protoganist isn't a SPARTAN-I, but a Spartan 1.1. His parents were both members of the Orion Project (his father died during Operation: TREBUCHET, his mother essentially went insane and abused him in everyway possible), and this caught the attention of Ackerson, who was beginning the stages of the S-III program. Essentially, the protoganist of the story was meant to be Ackerson's "Super Prototype" and "Ace in the Hole" amongst the Spartan-IIIs, and his and ONI's own personal wardog. However, the protoganist's (actually, he's more of a villian protoganist because he does a lot of ****ty things) mental state is seriously screwed because of his mother's treatment and the chemicals used in ORION that are running through his DNA. He eventually becomes the 'first' member of Alpha Company after Ackerson gets the green light from Parangosky (their meeting is in the book), and then receives SPARTAN-II augmentations instead of Project CHYRSATHUM (I'm sure I misspelled that, heh) procedures, and towards the end of the Human-Covenant War is approached to become a SPARTAN-IV.

While the intention of the book is to touch on several aspects of the Halo® EU that has been left sparse (the Battle of New Constantipole, Insurrection at Mamore, Rosenda-A344, the Cycloptic Elites that attacked the Headhunters, the Forerunner Judicials), it's mainly about the protoganist, his mental state, and his life as a licensed pyschopath as he slowly regains his humanity by gaining love ones and realizing he has personal choices.

I wont admit I'm the best at Halo® Lore, and I haven't played all of the games. But I have read every single novel, comic, watched every legendary walkthrough, official cinema/anime production, and terminal video released and have them stored on my personal computer. I'm intending to keep this story very well in touch with the Halo® Universe.

You don't need the registered trademark symbol after Halo.

Anyway, they would contact you if they wanted a book, not the other way round. And the chances of said occurrence for someone go has never published a book before a quite literally nul.

Put it in this sub-forum and I'm sure some people will give it a read.

I know I will :D

Ah, thanks! I'll look over the prologue and first chapter before I post them later today.

You don't need the registered trademark symbol after Halo.

Anyway, they would contact you if they wanted a book, not the other way round. And the chances of said occurrence for someone go has never published a book before a quite literally nul.

Lol, sorry; really bad habit (I do that with pretty much every registered trademark). I'll see if I can stop myself.

Oh, and thanks for clarifying. I'm not going to stop writing it though, it's been too fun and the story is too good to just scrape away. I'll begin posting chapters of it today in a separate thread.

Ah, thanks! I'll look over the prologue and first chapter before I post them later today.

Lol, sorry; really bad habit (I do that with pretty much every registered trademark). I'll see if I can stop myself.

Oh, and thanks for clarifying. I'm not going to stop writing it though, it's been too fun and the story is too good to just scrape away. I'll begin posting chapters of it today in a separate thread.

Oh, no. Don't stop writing, the only way to improve is by doing ****.

343 encourages fan-works, but do not acknowledge fan suggestions and/ or ideas for legal reasons. It sucks, but it's business. They can't risk people suing them over stealing ideas (Like people have done for other works before)