Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass Announced!

It seems that Batman: Arkham Knight, which releases this June, will be getting a hefty Season Pass with a ton of content!

Most gamers who were excited for Batman: Arkham Knight were shocked to find out recently that Rocksteady and Warner Bros. will be doing a $40 Season Pass for the game. Warner Brothers, however, quickly responded and let loose a plethora of details on what makes the Season Pass worth the money. GameSpot.com has the details, as the Season Pass will apparently include 3 new story packs and 3 new skin packs, one of which is ideal for classic fans. 

Batgirl: A Matter of Family - A prequel expansion that will take place in Batgirl's past, allowing you to play as her for the first time in a new story arc set in a new location. 

The Season of Infamy - This expansion will allow you to play as Batman again in a set of missions pitting you against legendary villains from the past that will feature all new gameplay mechanics.

Gotham City Stories - The stories of Batman's allies are now playable expanding their lore in the game and taking you from both before and after the events of Arkham Knight.

Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks - This pack will give you access to legendary versions of the Batmobile all with different themes and styles and all will be drivable on the game's numerous race tracks which also align to the vehicle's signature era. 

Crimefighter Challenge Maps - A variety of new maps that utilize the unique crime-fighting styles of Batman and his allies in the game's story.

Character Skins - A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.

post-26953-0-30485700-1430675412_thumb.jpg

Warner Bros. has stated that they don't want to give away all details yet, meaning there could be more expansions awaiting us in the future. I am really excited for all the new stuff available with this, and may just have to pick it up when I can. What are your thoughts on this Season Pass, is it too excessive? Let me know down below! Thanks for reading!

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 5

I'm getting this. 1000% I'm getting this. I own the Arkham City: Game of the Year Edition only as far as LEs go for this franchise but it's spectacular to have all the DLC in one place from the beginning. 

And being an owner of its 3 predecessors I can tell you that this game delivers. I saw the BatGirl DLC the other day and it solidified this choice for me.

A pretty steep but there definitely seems to be a large wealth of content coming up. :)

I'm not yet sold on the season pass mainly because we know so little about them, will they be big expansions with a whole new map or one to two hour missions?

Looks like I'm back twiddling my thumbs playing the waiting game.

I've been a die hard Arkham fan since the beginning as a little 9-year old kid back in 2009. Arkham Origins was a huge let down, and wasn't worth buying to me. Maybe other fans have felt similar; honestly that cmmunity doesn't voice their opinions too much. Which, at least it makes them non-annoying. Anyway, this Batgirl storyline sounds amazing. The videogame universe for the Arkham series is expandning to include many details that probably weren't there from the start, but it's building. I'm sad to see that this is the last game, but hopefully it will be the epic conclusion we deserve; unlike the crappiness of Origins. But Origins isn't a conclusion, so yeah. lol

• Like 1

hmm so this means we're getting what? 6 story based add-on's for Arkham Knight? (Red Hood,Harley Quinn,Batgirl,Robin,Nightwing and Catwoman) honestly its really impressive with how much content this game is getting I can't wait to pick it up on launch even though I won't be able to play it until I get the X1 but oh well Collector Edition comes first!