Heart-pounding information is surfacing today as the final cover art for Halo 5: Guardians has been deciphered thanks to a dedicated community. 

In the words of a wise Reddit user, "I WANT TO GET OFF 343S WILD RIDE!" It seems their roller coaster of new plot twists is speeding up with a new cover art photo that was pieced together by the community. Xbox's YouTube.com has a video of the new key art, which in this video, seems more like an animation than anything. The official description on Xbox Wire states that, "We’re proud to release the final cover art for Halo 5: Guardians, including a special video version that highlights the Spartan fireteams that play a crucial role." From the image, it seems Master Chief has partnered with Blue Team, Fred, Linda, and Kelly to chase down whatever they're after on Sangheilios and go rogue. Locke's team is a bit more vague, we know that the far right Spartan is Buck, due to his ODST armour and combat knife, which likely means the other male Spartan is Romeo, since the two were transferred together. The female with the slick looking armour however can either be Tanaka, from Escalation, or Macer, from Nightfall. Xbox Wire tells us to stay tuned for more details on the mysteries of #HUNTtheTRUTH and that during E3, the game will officially premiere.

post-26953-0-12404500-1430262914_thumb.jpg

post-26953-0-11185400-1430262817_thumb.jpg

post-26953-0-60433700-1430262818_thumb.jpg

It seems that while the holy lords over at 343 Industries have granted us new details, they have also opened up many loose threads and have inquired more questions. One thing is certain, E3 2015 is going to be massive for Halo fans around the world. What are your thoughts on each team, who do you think is part of Locke's squad? Let me know down below! Thanks for everything Halo fans, keep hunting the truth.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 7

Where, When, and (mostly) Who has been answered.

Now the big question, is WHY? Why is Sanghellios Burning? Why is the Big Bird there on Sanghellios? Why is Master Chief there? What's with all these questions?

Gud News EK. Cool posters too.

Now the big question, is WHY? Why is Sanghellios Burning? Why is the Big Bird there on Sanghellios? Why is Master Chief there? What's with all these questions?

It's been confirmed that that is actually not the same construct we saw in the 2013 reveal teaser. 

Hoping for a mech-bird vs giant possible Guardian fight.

Gud News EK. Cool posters too.

Master Chief made a deal with the devil.

Remember when Locke said: "All hail the conquering hero. Let us remember him as our protector and not the one who gave us... this."

Also, remember in Nightfall they never did discover if the Covenant broke the treaty or not. So what if they did?

=================

Also I don't remember Romeo being turned into a Spartan. I thought he was still an ODST. 

Also, notice how Locke's team is on John and Blue Team is on Locke? This might be to match their visors, but still placed weird.

Also I don't remember Romeo being turned into a Spartan. I thought he was still an ODST. 

Also, notice how Locke's team is on John and Blue Team is on Locke? This might be to match their visors, but still placed weird.

Haven't watched Nightfall yet so I can't weigh in there but as for the rest: Romeo joined the Spartan IV program with Mickey and Buck in New Blood following certain circumstances.

Rookie's death.

I believe the placing of the team's within the opposite side's leaders is just clever placement by 343i symobolizing that there is no true good or evil side - two sides to every story.

It would be awesome to switch between squads.

Where MC's squad goes eveything is still (kinda) intact and when Locke's squad tracks them they visit the same locations but destroyed by MC's squad finding clues H3: ODST style.

Also squads of 4 make 4 player co-op a possibility without having 4 Master Chiefs or agent Locke's in one session.

Anyway, the posters look awesome!

:thumbsup: EK