After watching halo 3 vs halo reach comparison videos...

PBinTheDecree

There are a lot of people making valid points.

1. Halo 3 maps vs halo reach maps. The creativity of the halo 3 maps compared to reach is crazy. Take a map like boardwalk and compare it to guardian or any other map. Reaches maps are bland and dull and that is why they had to bring half of the old ones back haha.

2. Weapon selection is crap to me. Reach also IMO has bland weapons that are all very weak.

3. The vehicle combat seems very dull in reach and i think that is because aa's. Now that you can "sprint" across any map you want. vehicle usage seems bland and the excitement of huge vehicle battles seems gone. 4. aa's... i know some people like them and some don't. I do believe that the people who do like aa's sucked at halo 2 and halo 3 online. After watching some halo 3 gameplay video, I can say it is truly amazing. The game is smooth and getting multi kills was a blast. Even equipment was way better than aa's and i barely played regular modes! (yes i do like mlg a lot)

4. and beyond!!! Now about this whole dmr thing. Really bungie? The dmr? You guys could have done way better on the rifle selection. The dmr mixed with bloom is such a joke. I was actually about to go buy halo reach again today but after watching all the comparison videos, I say hell no! For the people who say halo reach is "fun"....go back and play halo 3 online. When did everyone become so brainwashed into thinkin this game was "fun". I tried to seriously tell myself it was a good game for months and soon i could not lie any longer...so I sold it and talk mad crap on it all the time haha. Because it is crap. Bungie and microsoft wanted to compete with Call of duty and other games when they didn't need to. They thought these new additions would bring cod fans over to halo thus making more money! Well ya know what you did! You probably lost half of the veteran halo players like me and now you are stuck with little kids who betray for weapons constantly. In the end it is all about the mainstream and money. Halo reach is a baby game for the mainstream. No one could handle getting destroyed on the other halo's so they had to take away the real ranks. Now we can dress up our spartans with new clothing! and how about this arena they tried to make for "competative gamers". The arena is the biggest joke on the game. You take something a lot of people loved and replace it with some garbage like arena? I could go on and on...sorry for the long rant but halo reach is truly a game for little babies. These are just video games i know, but I have played halo for a long time and to see it go in this direction is so stupid to me. Stop trying to compete with other games and worry about the true fans you still have left. I advise people to go and watch some halo 3 montages and other videos and look at what an amazing game it was.

• Like 1

Yeah, the maps are terrible in Reach. I hate all the Grey and Blue all the forged maps have. Many maps are a pain in the ass to navigate without a jetpack.

Vehicular combat is a joke. If all your team's vehicles are destroyed, and the other team's aren't, you can expect to die many times because it's very difficult to destroy them. They just swarm around your base and blast you as soon as you respawn. The guy with the sniper isn't doing anything to stop them either. In Halo 3, you at least had stuff at the base to help you and you didn't spawn in plain sight. Take Valhalla and Hemmorage for example: in Valhalla, you had: plasma grenades a few steps away, a power drain, and places to spawn where you couldn't be blasted by a mortar. Not to mention, you can jump over a damn ghost. None of that is present in Hemmorage.

i have gone back and played halo 3. and i'm much better at 3 than reach. but really it sucks by comparison. graphics are horrible spamming the BR is silly you can just absolutely destroy without having to aim its dumb. regenerators piss me off worse than armor lock. but the maps are amazing in halo 3 compared to reach. bungie was lazy as **** when it came to making multiplayer maps for reach. everything is from the campaign or some horrible forgeworld remake. plus tempest and anchor 9 suck. this is where i like 343 because the maps they made are ******* awesome it's just a shame you don't ever get to play them.

• 2 months later...

totally agree. The dmr takes little skill, the AR and most covie weapons are god awful, and the maps dont promote anything but dmr spray or camping.

Care to explain how the DMR takes little skill? At least you can't just spam it like the BR and hope to get a kill as effectively as if you paced your shots. I believe the DMR takes more skill than the BR due to having the spread it does and having to pace to effectively get your kill. Spamming the trigger will result in your shots losing accuracy, something that doesn't really happen very much with the BR. Yes you can still get a kill when spamming, but it takes longer and your shots have more of a chance of missing the more and quicker you fire. Pulling the trigger as fast as you can with the BR, I find, doesn't really punish you all that much with a loss of accuracy. There's not very much spread, so your shots won't miss that often. With the DMR, the faster and more you pull the trigger, the more inaccurate your shots become. This makes players learn to slow down and pace their shots if they want to maintain a good amount of accuracy and require less shots to kill the other player. I also don't believe the maps promote DMR spraying and camping all that much, but it's just my opinion.

TRuthfully halo 3 was alot more fun then reach. Reach did bring some stuff to the table like better forge and better vehicles, but if you stop and look reach is more kid friendly. About every weapon now has twice the damage and now if your getting killed "woosh" armor lock and then guess what! The armor locker comes out and kills you. Also most maps just revolve around jetpack which means you barely get to use other AA's other then the armor-locking noobs. Also now with new ways to get cheap kills *cough* plasma launcher *caugh* you can just spam away and send four tracking plasma grenades at your opponent. Also dont even get me started on spawning. The rare times you spawn away from enemies your about 3 minutes away from the battlefield. Oh and dont even think about infection..... People just camp and get Cr for sitting and shooting shieldsless people with shotguns... yeah thats fair....

[END RANT]