I remember back in the days where we had to EARN Hayabusa.

We had to EARN that (shiny, albeit useless) Katana.

We had to EARN Recon armor.

Now, it's just handed out :/

Such shame. Much wow.

Well, it was difficult, I  had to do the third skull multiple times with splitscreen, my bro saw it on his screen, I couldn't see it on my screen, it was terrible.

Well, it was difficult, I  had to do the third skull multiple times with splitscreen, my bro saw it on his screen, I couldn't see it on my screen, it was terrible.

I had to hunt down each skull on my own, then invite my brother-in-law and sister just to show them where it was, just so that they could get the same.

I remember when the final Mythic Map Pack was released, I had to do a helluva lot of work just to get my bil and sis up-to-date with me; when we actually unlocked Recon, I got to deal with 13-year-olds asking "Hey, can I kill you so I can get Recon?"

Then of course, the teabagging was relentless. Sorry, but I like the Mark V helmet with Katana chest, Recon pauldrons. However, MCC doesn't let you have that kind of deal.

I like displaying what I've earned; yet kids these days would rather jump straight to Katana 'cause that's what's availible.

I had to hunt down each skull on my own, then invite my brother-in-law and sister just to show them where it was, just so that they could get the same.

I remember when the final Mythic Map Pack was released, I had to do a helluva lot of work just to get my bil and sis up-to-date with me; when we actually unlocked Recon, I got to deal with 13-year-olds asking "Hey, can I kill you so I can get Recon?"

Then of course, the teabagging was relentless. Sorry, but I like the Mark V helmet with Katana chest, Recon pauldrons. However, MCC doesn't let you have that kind of deal.

I like displaying what I've earned; yet kids these days would rather jump straight to Katana 'cause that's what's availible.

Dude that skull that you had to jump trough holograms in a certain order, how could anyone ever find that on its own.

Dude that skull that you had to jump trough holograms in a certain order, how could anyone ever find that on its own.

It was modders that found that.

OT- Hayabusa was piss easy to get. So was katana. All you needed for Recon was a reliable group of friends.

I had no friends that were willing to help me do Vidmaster: Endure, and it was the only one left I had to do to get Recon, so I never had the joy of it. However, I used the same set up as you , accept Security shoulders instead of Recon. I can't tell you how many people I helped get the skulls in Campaign. Soooo many.... But none of that really matters anyways because I always played as an Elite. I do wish that MCC had the complete armor customization like the rest of them did.

I did all the Vidmasters but 1 before Recon was handed out. I remember when I heard it was being released to everyone I was a tiny bit angry, but it was just armor at the end of the day. Ended up doing Endure last year, and boy that is a nail-biting achievement when you have no lives.

As for Hayabusa, the only special thing on there was the Katana, although I liked the shoulders as well. I got it about a few months after I got Halo 3, so it didn't seem very difficult. Especially by the time I just looked up the combination to unlock the IWHBYD skull on The Covenant.  So I've had for the longest time.

As for Halo 5, I don't really care if they bring back mismatching like Reach, but I would like to see a return of Armor unlocked through skulls and difficulty completion instead of through a shop. I don't believe the BETA had a shop, but they were still unlocked through an increase of levels.

• 2 weeks later...

H5 needs to have a larger armor than H4. If it doesn't I will be very disappointed in 343i. Armor variations is a big thing in customizations. My favorite was the EVA though. Didn't care too much for the Hyabusa or the Katana. Although if I could get ANY helmet from ANY of the Halo games into H5, I'd want the Pilot Helmet from Reach. Probably my all time favorite helmet. 

For those who don't know what it looks like

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a416/Thebradinator/pilot_base.png

H5 needs to have a larger armor than H4. If it doesn't I will be very disappointed in 343i. Armor variations is a big thing in customizations. My favorite was the EVA though. Didn't care too much for the Hyabusa or the Katana. Although if I could get ANY helmet from ANY of the Halo games into H5, I'd want the Pilot Helmet from Reach. Probably my all time favorite helmet.

For those who don't know what it looks like

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a416/Thebradinator/pilot_base.png

Pilot was basically Orbital from H4 without the skull.

Anyway, why big armour? It doesn't serve a purpose- big silhouette= easier target.

Really, you want armor to be as small as possible (Most MJOLNIR protection is provided by the gel layer, nanocomposite bodysuit and shielding, not plates themselves) to reduce the area that the enemy has to land a shot. It's basic, really.

Bungie had an agreement with the developers of the Ninja Gaiden series; to create an armour set that resembles Ryu Hayabusa (the main protagonist of the Ninja Gaiden games). I don't think 343i has the rights to use Ninja Gaiden assets.

• Like 1

I think 343i should do some sort of design contest for a suit of armor. Host in on Halo Waypoint and who ever gets the most votes get's their set featured in the game.

You know... That actually sounds like a darn good idea.

Though keep in mind, Halowaypoint forums aren't the best place to host that kind of contest...

Though keep in mind, Halowaypoint forums aren't the best place to host that kind of contest...

Although the idea isn't originally his, Waypoint members have been mentioning armor contests. For example, they did so in this thread https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-5-player-id-idea/c4573e18-b456-481c-b809-ff58dcd95456/posts?page=1

So Waypoint is the best place for a contest of the sort. Not many people hate on ideas that are as good as these. Only the ones that affect gameplay. Player ID or anything of the sort, they're willing to take a look at. As long as it's not something stupid, of course. 

I wouldn't want it to be like a post but, a different page on the website and if it was to be a post, it would be made by a moderator or a member of 343i with a link to all the entries and an option for them all. Only reason I suggested Waypoint is because from what I've seen there's a lot more active users there then there is here.