Campaign DLC for Reach

FIREN4

Campaign DLC?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be Campaign DLC? If so, At which perspective?

• No, It would ruin the whole Campaign
    • Yes, Carter- A259
    • Yes, Emile- A239
    • Yes, Kat- B320
    • Yes, Jorge- 052
    • Yes, Thom- 293
    • Keep all these people in one DLC
    • Yes, but make a (NEW*) lobby with that specific DLC to play on
    • Make a Matchmaking Playlist for it.
    • Yes, John-117's status during Reach
    • Yes, Jun- A266
  2. 2. If you like this, should this cost Microsoft Points? Or should it be free?

• Microsoft Points, It will dignify it and make it legit.
    • Free, it would be awesome to get all this for free
    • I still don't agree
  3. 3. What type of Easter Eggs would you prefer? If you like this idea.

• Funny and totally Cool
    • Informative
    • Reach is old, we don't need it.
    • I don't think Easter Eggs are a good idea...
    • Hard and Rewarding
    • Glitchy and "Wacky"

Not gonna happen. Sorry to burst your bubble. Like twin reaper said, its pretty much impossible..I dont think its a good idea anyway, a game should not have two campaigns, thats not how it works. Not for halo anyway

I understand halo has never had campaign DLC, but it is not impossible. Take a look at Gears of war. I know what you are thinking, Gears is not halo but halo could still do it. It's not impossible.

I understand halo has never had campaign DLC, but it is not impossible. Take a look at Gears of war. I know what you are thinking, Gears is not halo but halo could still do it. It's not impossible.

Gears also planned that ahead of time so it really wasnt hard to do. I dont think bungie planned to add campaign dlc to reach so its almost impossible to do, unless like twin reaper said they would have had to leave slots open/add more before it released to integrate something like that.

From what i have been able to uncover in the tags for Reach, there are only multiplayer slots left over in the mainmenu map file. Adding campaign maps would require adding them to the mainmenu. Although i dare do say that megaloScript is being used to alter data in memory for the zero bloom and AA tweaks, so I will not 100% say that it is impossible for even megalo to add new data fields in memory when mainmenu.map is loaded up.

That being said, I am unsure what exact data is loaded up from mainmenu besides the shard resource tags used in campaign levels and multiplayer. It is very likely that the UI level data is not loaded and read directly, which means no editing. I am almost 100% sure this is the case, or else we would have seen DLC for campaign by now on one of the Halo titles.

As for gears, yes it was planned ahead of time. Also Gears uses a completely different compression format, engine, etc... But with 343 taking, there is whole world of possibilities on the horizon. It ahs even been theorized that 343i plans at one point to start releasing Halo along side a PC port kinda like how the other franchises do it. From a marketing standpoint, 343i realizes that a majority of success today on new games, lies in multiplatform release, and not locking in people to only playing on a console. Microsoft I think, also realizes that other titles support a OS that the maker doesn't, and it hurts the parent company. but that debate is for another day.

• Like 2

From what i have been able to uncover in the tags for Reach, there are only multiplayer slots left over in the mainmenu map file. Adding campaign maps would require adding them to the mainmenu. Although i dare do say that megaloScript is being used to alter data in memory for the zero bloom and AA tweaks, so I will not 100% say that it is impossible for even megalo to add new data fields in memory when mainmenu.map is loaded up.

That being said, I am unsure what exact data is loaded up from mainmenu besides the shard resource tags used in campaign levels and multiplayer. It is very likely that the UI level data is not loaded and read directly, which means no editing. I am almost 100% sure this is the case, or else we would have seen DLC for campaign by now on one of the Halo titles.

As for gears, yes it was planned ahead of time. Also Gears uses a completely different compression format, engine, etc... But with 343 taking, there is whole world of possibilities on the horizon. It ahs even been theorized that 343i plans at one point to start releasing Halo along side a PC port kinda like how the other franchises do it. From a marketing standpoint, 343i realizes that a majority of success today on new games, lies in multiplatform release, and not locking in people to only playing on a console. Microsoft I think, also realizes that other titles support a OS that the maker doesn't, and it hurts the parent company. but that debate is for another day.

Oh i know! Instead of DLC, we'll have a whole new game. Like, how much do DLC cost? 10.00? Maybe they could have an entirely new game titled " Halo Reach Add-On" ( or something better) for $10.00. And it could be specificaly for that DLC. It could be an okay idea, for starters...

Even though it's apparently impossible, according to TwinReaper. It would be an O.K. consideration. More knowledge of our heros?

Ya'know, the campaign is barely played much in Reach, unless for achievements, personal accomplishments, Bobs, challenges, fun, and so on.

Also, Twinreaper, could you answer this question for me? If you look at the proficiency of this article ever again? It's just that when you said there's not enough "slots" or whatever to support any dlc, how come the Anniversary dlc is possible? P.S.)Sorry if I sound pushy or mean at my tone, i really shouldn't. Anyways you know my question. Please answer it, I'm just sorta curious. Because the answer, if it'll turn out the way i'd like it to be, will make the possibility of campaign dlc possible!

I don't really want a campaign expansion. I hope that they just drop the game and start working on Halo 4.

Well, maybe. But what do you expect to do in Halo for the next, i don't now, maybe 10-13 months left til' Halo 4? Play matchmaking, continue ranking, complete challenges, forge? I'd go with it, but we need SOMETHING for the next year or so.

The master chief wasn't in the cryo tube the whole time he was on reach hell even his team blue team was on reach before they escaped the glassing

Really? I thought he was in the Pillar of Autumn sleeping the whole time. Oh well, looks like the Chief's status would actually be interesting to see.

Dont hold your breath waiting for campaign dlc. It's just not going to happen and you can quote me if you want. I dont see any reason for it anyway, we should let reach die with a little dignity and wait for halo 4. As for someone asking what we are going to play for the next year or so, while we wait for h4. Change it up or something, there have been some pretty sick games to come out this year so I will be just fine when I comes to that.