Pre-Order NOT the only way to get Locke's armor, and return of "The Sprint" vidocs

Halo 3 (leaving out dog turd destiny) was meant to be the biggest release of it's time. It was supposed to be bigger and better than Halo 2. I remember all the hype over Halo 3, and I wanted to play the game so bad.  It was the Halo 5 of 2008. Then what happened? The game came out, it ultimately butchered the Halo experience, campaign and multiplayer.

I really don't want 343 to screw up Halo 5, but I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

Halo 3, and I wanted to play the game so bad. it ultimately butchered the Halo experience,

You know, if it was November 2012 around here some major blasting would be going on with a lot of people that would be what Halo 4 did to Halo. Not saying that's true for me or in general... Just saying to say what people'd be saying.

Anyways, I don't believe Halo 3 butchered Halo at all. There are gripes with the campaign story, but I mostly had fun with the game. A lot actually. But that was mostly because that game was my teen years in a nutshell along with Reach. A lot of memories in Custom games, which I still think Halo 3 has the best. So saying that, back in 2010 and 2011, I wasn't really a connoisseur of Halo Multiplayer. I didn't know what basics most people looked for in Halo MP back then. Although, now looking at Halo 2 to Halo 3, I Don't see much that changed.

Of course this all only implies to MP, if your saying Halo 3 was a letdown in another category like Campaign, or Forge or whatever Idk. Maybe you could describe what "Butchered the Halo experience" means.

So I have no Dog in this fight saying Halo 3 was a letdown, because I came years later to the party in terms of Multiplayer. Halo 3 was my first FPS PvP shooter ever, so it remains in my heart as my favorite game for nostalgic taste.

You know, if it was November 2012 around here some major blasting would be going on with a lot of people that would be what Halo 4 did to Halo. Not saying that's true for me or in general... Just saying to say what people'd be saying.

Anyways, I don't believe Halo 3 butchered Halo at all. There are gripes with the campaign story, but I mostly had fun with the game. A lot actually. But that was mostly because that game was my teen years in a nutshell along with Reach. A lot of memories in Custom games, which I still think Halo 3 has the best. So saying that, back in 2010 and 2011, I wasn't really a connoisseur of Halo Multiplayer. I didn't know what basics most people looked for in Halo MP back then. Although, now looking at Halo 2 to Halo 3, I Don't see much that changed.

Of course this all only implies to MP, if your saying Halo 3 was a letdown in another category like Campaign, or Forge or whatever Idk. Maybe you could describe what "Butchered the Halo experience" means.

So I have no Dog in this fight saying Halo 3 was a letdown, because I came years later to the party in terms of Multiplayer. Halo 3 was my first FPS PvP shooter ever, so it remains in my heart as my favorite game for nostalgic taste.

Halo 3 campaign was choppy, and I learned not much more about the Arbiter than I did in Halo 2, which, because of the Covenant missions, I learned a lot about and started to care for him. Halo 3 stepped on his character development, showing that Thel only wants revenge for Truth's lies and deceit, and no other development. I'm not blamming you or anything I'm just saying.

I had lots of fun playing Halo 3, but lots of parts with the campaign were stale. 'The Covenant'  is the only fun and enjoyable mission. I also noticed Halo 3 started the "slightly-less-silly" trend we see in Halo now, and that I think Bungie was trying to do that with Halo. I love how Halo 3 introduced Forge, THAT'S what got me interested in the first place, that I could make my OWN LEVELS! Forge and Custom Games are my favorite tools and my kind of gaming. Halo 3 was not Halo's complete destruction, but it was definitely a dip in the franchise.

• Like 1

Halo 3 campaign was choppy, and I learned not much more about the Arbiter than I did in Halo 2, which, because of the Covenant missions, I learned a lot about and started to care for him. Halo 3 stepped on his character development, showing that Thel only wants revenge for Truth's lies and deceit, and no other development. I'm not blamming you or anything I'm just saying.

I had lots of fun playing Halo 3, but lots of parts with the campaign were stale. 'The Covenant'  is the only fun and enjoyable mission. I also noticed Halo 3 started the "slightly-less-silly" trend we see in Halo now, and that I think Bungie was trying to do that with Halo. I love how Halo 3 introduced Forge, THAT'S what got me interested in the first place, that I could make my OWN LEVELS! Forge and Custom Games are my favorite tools and my kind of gaming. Halo 3 was not Halo's complete destruction, but it was definitely a dip in the franchise.

I agree with the statements on Arbiter's character development as a whole. It really does make sense now why Arbiter and Chief became friends. The only thing Arbiter would listen to and talk about is killing Truth in Halo 3, and since John helped him do that he has become honorary BFF. It also showed Arby will "nevah stahp killing you" if you mess with his people. That's just the way I like to think of it.

Arbiter is my favorite Character in the entire series and I hope 343 does him justice. So far with the H2A focus on the history of the Arbiter and his involvement with Locke, it sort of looks that way. I hope they continue where Halo 2's Arbiter left off. Something bad is going to happen to Sanghellios, and he's going to blame someone for it. That someone though, is unknown.

All of Halo 3's campaign, story wise, really just feels like the end of Halo 2 that was cut off by Bungie's time restrictions. Like the whole Campaign probably could have been put down to like 6 or 7 extra missions if they did it right. Which I believe they originally were going to do, don't quote me on that though.

I don't think Halo 3's Campaign was stale overall, talking about gameplay, but there were dry spells with hit and miss sections that I dread. Looking at most of the Cortana mission on this one. Once again, rarely played alone, so my friends always made thing 10x more amusing. 

My favorite part of the entire Campaign was the Covenant and The Ark missions. Design and progression wise, for me, those levels are the kind of levels I want to see put into Halo 5. I also cannot forget the last level, ah so many memories. And yes, Forge was the best thing since Sliced Bread. Hopefully Halo 5 has a forge world instead of smaller forge canvases. :)

EDIT: We've gone from a thread that started about Halo 5 pre order armor to talking about whether Halo 3 is stale or not. How far we've come.

Edited by rrhuntington