Pre-Order NOT the only way to get Locke's armor, and return of "The Sprint" vidocs

hyuNP2i.jpg

Yesterday, a Gamestop pre-order trailer for Halo 5: Guardians released with the revelation that Locke's personal armor (Unease P34nut calls it *Hunter* armor, though I'm not sure where he got this from) would be an exclusive pre-order bonus from Gamestop.

...However, Josh Holmes on NeoGAF (under the username "SalientOne") confirmed that Locke's armor is actually obtainable by everyone on Day 1, and that people who pre-order get it from the start. This indicates that whoever doesn't pre-order will most likely have to unlock the armor by different means, like completing the Campaign on Legendary or through Multiplayer Commendations (if Halo 5 even has them).

Here's the official pic of the armor, though we have seen the armor 100,000 times already: http://i.imgur.com/xMSGHJu.png?1

And the original post by Unease P34nut on the pre-order trailer is here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/40290-halo-5-guardians-pre-order-bonus-trailer/

In the same post on NeoGAF, Josh confirmed that the Halo 5 behind-the-scenes development vidocs, The Sprint, will be returning. The release date for the second iteration of The Sprint has yet to be announced.

The specific posts by Josh Holmes on both the Locke armor, and The Sprint are in the sources below.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts?

Source: NeoGAF, 343iCF

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/40290-halo-5-guardians-pre-order-bonus-trailer/

http://i.imgur.com/sxNOUVH.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Self Destruct
  • Like 6

Obtained by completing SLASO 4 times without pausing the game or dying.

Good news for the game, because I like unlocking armor through pre-requisite challenges, but bad news for pre-order figures. soooooooooooooo Gud news.

• Like 1

I'm sure I wasn't the only one hoping it'd be like this. Glad everyone can calm down now.

Great article SD! :thumbsup:

Oh and the armor is officially called HUNTER.

It's a prototype and "enhances situational and threat awareness to the user".  

• Like 1

am i the only one that does not like lock's voice actors style? 

Oh also don't pre order, it hurts the gaming community as a whole. 

How so? The argument I've heard is that it gives money to Microsoft to put make ads and put in money into their next game without focusing on MCC. The hype about the next game will make us forget about the failures MCC had. But the way I see it, preorder or not the game is already made so now it's about getting yourself the preorder bonus or not. 

• Like 1

It's called the HUNTER GEN2 armour and has been confirmed twice; Canon Fodder Q&A sessions and the preorder trailer/ Xbox.com page itself.

Canon Fodder article; https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/canon-fodder-have-s-moa

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

if you don't have to pre-order at a specific store then how come only Gamestop is advertising it and at EB it says its an 'EB Exclusive" which means no one else will have it on offer? very strange indeed.

Edit: ah I see now Gamestop/EB pre-order just gives you instant access to it while if you don't pre-order from there you'll unlock it through other means

Edited by Mereel
  • Like 1

TBH I don't think 343 will ever have any actual pre-order locked DLC in their Halo games ever. Each time we've had examples of that, they tend to unlock it within a short time frame, or it's can be unlocked through accolades. It's one of the good things about 343.

Btw, Where is link to NeoGAF post????

Edited by Laplace
  • Like 1

TBH I don't think 343 will ever have any actual pre-order locked DLC in their Halo games ever. Each time we've had examples of that, they tend to unlock it within a short time frame, or it's can be unlocked through accolades. It's one of the good things about 343.

I couldn't find the hard link.

http://i.imgur.com/sxNOUVH.jpg

I got it off of r/halo. I forgot to put that in the article, and I'm too lazy to put it in now - http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/33d7co/locke_armor_preorder_official_clarification/

Who is this. I only know JL

Actually Drizzy, preorders dont contribute to.ad placement, only hype. Gamestop and other sellers of video games have to place an order weeks ahead of time to ensure they all have ample copies. Pre orders only ensure you get a copy. I havent seen an actual retailer run out of copies of a Halo game since Halo 2, where they were actually still selling preorders but the demand to manufacturer enough was too high.

That being said it doesnt matter how many copies any retailer sells to its customers. Once they ship from manufacturing and packaging to the retailer...Microsoft has already gotten their money. Hence why retailers pay to have exclusive day one content codes specific to them.

• Like 1

Actually Drizzy, preorders dont contribute to.ad placement, only hype. Gamestop and other sellers of video games have to place an order weeks ahead of time to ensure they all have ample copies. Pre orders only ensure you get a copy. I havent seen an actual retailer run out of copies of a Halo game since Halo 2, where they were actually still selling preorders but the demand to manufacturer enough w

Right this is what I"m saying, all the preorder is is making you sure get a copy and your bonus. Doesn't really hurt the buyers or sellers of the game itself. And if I'm not wrong I think Halo 3 actually sold out didn't it?

Ah I remember when preorders mattered.

• 2 weeks later...

How so? The argument I've heard is that it gives money to Microsoft to put make ads and put in money into their next game without focusing on MCC. The hype about the next game will make us forget about the failures MCC had. But the way I see it, preorder or not the game is already made so now it's about getting yourself the preorder bonus or not. 

the more  preorders they get the faster they have to produce the game at the officially declared launch date. this causes them to rush a game and have the quality turn out poor ( most often) i read about it in a game informer a while back I will have to find the article. 

^

Untrue. :)

So what you are saying is... "The more pre orders the more the game is rushed?"

Because if so that's untrue, but it depends if the game dev has a publisher or not ( most do )

So its up to the publisher to do all that stuff not the game dev. The quality stays the same regardless of the pre order number.

Quite simply it depends on the game developer. By pre-ordering you're essentially providing income to them ahead of time - so that COULD be a good thing, since it could invigorate them to work harder and create a better product - but at the same time, you've already given them money for a game that they cannot 'promise' a specific quality or utility of; so they aren't exactly under any obligation to make the game perfect for you, and if you already give them money then they don't need to to still get your cash.

So the quality of the game is dependent quite essentially on how lazy the devs are. Like every other thing ever.

Considering the work 343 has been putting into the Hunt the Truth campaign and the weekly Canon Fodder, I am confident in saying that they're not lazy. Halo5willbecool

We have to be careful, though. Games have been over-hyped before. 

Halo 3, and Destiny weren't what they were made out to be.

Games have been over-hyped before. 

Halo 3 and Dog turd Destiny weren't what they were made out to be

Explain, I want to hear dis. Lore and story wise yes, but your explanation if you do not mind. What was Halo 3 trying to be that it didn't come out as?