Customer Service Needed - My 1 month free xbox live message has expired

Hi,

I was told by XBox support to post here.

A month or 2 ago, I received a message via the XBox Notification Center giving me 1-month of Xbox Live Gold in the form of a redeemable code.  This was as a thank-you for purchasing Halo:  The Master Chief Collection.

I did not redeem the code at the time, nor did I write the code down.  I now find that messages in the Xbox Notification Center are automatically deleted after a week!

So, I would like to ask for a replacement code to be sent to me.

Thanks in advance!

Scott

• Like 1

Here. Let me break this down for you, nice and neat.

No. You were told by Xbox Support to go to 343 Industries Official Website. Which is Halo Waypoint. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure you just googled "343 Industries." Saw this forum, clicked on it. Because Halo Waypoint just says "Halo - Official Site" Regardless, here is you a link. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Halo+Waypoint

A month or 2 ago, I received a message via the XBox Notification Center giving me 1-month of Xbox Live Gold in the form of a redeemable code.  This was as a thank-you for purchasing Halo:  The Master Chief Collection.

Wrong. This is what your message said.

"As a token of our appreciation for your continued support of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we have applied a free one-month gold extension to your Xbox Live membership. No further action is required. Game on!"

This required you to play before December 19th, 2014.

You can view the image in this spoiler, if you don't believe me.

2810716-xboxlivethanks.jpg  

I did not redeem the code at the time, nor did I write the code down.  I now find that messages in the Xbox Notification Center are automatically deleted after a week!

You are wrong. Xbox Notification Center does not delete message for a total of 60 days. Starting when the exact same day and time the message was sent. Therefore, it was not deleted within the time period.

So, I would like to ask for a replacement code to be sent to me

As said before. There is no such thing as a replacement code. It was automatically applied to your account.

One more time. You were told by Xbox Support to go to "343 Industries Official Site/Forums"

• Like 1

Here. Let me break this down for you, nice and neat.

No. You were told by Xbox Support to go to 343 Industries Official Website. Which is Halo Waypoint. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure you just googled "343 Industries." Saw this forum, clicked on it. Because Halo Waypoint just says "Halo - Official Site" Regardless, here is you a link. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Halo+Waypoint

"As a token of our appreciation for your continued support of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we have applied a free one-month gold extension to your Xbox Live membership. No further action is required. Game on!"

This required you to play before December 19th, 2014.

You can view the image in this spoiler, if you don't believe me.

You are wrong. Xbox Notification Center does not delete message for a total of 60 days. Starting when the exact same day and time the message was sent. Therefore, it was not deleted within the time period.

As said before. There is no such thing as a replacement code. It was automatically applied to your account.

One more time. You were told by Xbox Support to go to "343 Industries Official Site/Forums"

Damn Fishy, just shut him down in every way possible. Lol. That's the best link I've ever seen in my life. As much as I like the name of this forum, they should have known that everybody would come here thinking we're 343i. Our Twitter as around 5,700 followers, and I can almost guarantee that 95% probably thinks it's 343's Twitter.

Damn Fishy, just shut him down in every way possible. Lol. That's the best link I've ever seen in my life. As much as I like the name of this forum, they should have known that everybody would come here thinking we're 343i. Our Twitter as around 5,700 followers, and I can almost guarantee that 95% probably thinks it's 343's Twitter.

I don't know why people can't read the "community forum" part of the title..

Here. Let me break this down for you, nice and neat

No-need to be rude, are you 12?

No. You were told by Xbox Support to go to 343 Industries Official Website.

Sorry, you are incorrect. I was given a direct link to this forum in the xbox support chat.

You are incorrect once again. Users who already had xbox live got an extension. Users who did not have active xbox live got a redemption code.

As said before. There is no such thing as a replacement code. It was automatically applied to your account

As noted above, your information is incorrect.

One more time from me, I was give a direct link to this forum by xbox support.

Damn Fishy, just shut him down in every way possible

I'm afraid all he did was act arrogantly and condescendingly toward a new member of this forum. To make matters worse, all of his/her information was incorrect.

Thanks all for making me feel so welcome in your "community".

*Sigh*

No Fishy is right for the most part. :)
and no Fishy isn't 12, no idea where you got that from.

Let me clear this up.

Xbox live support are made up of stupid people who don't even know 343s official website ( and this isn't a lie ) 
This is a community forum made and run by fans of the Halo series not 343 staff themselves.

Here is a link to 343's official site http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Halo+Waypoint

Sorry, you are incorrect. I was given a direct link to this forum in the xbox support chat.

You are incorrect once again. Users who already had xbox live got an extension. Users who did not have active xbox live got a redemption code.

As noted above, your information is incorrect.

One more time from me, I was give a direct link to this forum by xbox support.

I'm afraid all he did was act arrogantly and condescendingly toward a new member of this forum. To make matters worse, all of his/her information was incorrect.

Nothing personal, bro. It's okay.

So, it looks like the Xbox Live support probably screwed up, because tech support can be purely retarded sometime. Like Fishy said, Waypoint is actually the official 343i site, and we're just a community made fan-forum. SO no one here can really do anything about your problem, sorry. :( But we have no control because we're not official. If you go post on Halo Waypoint I'm sure they'll be able to do something. :)

Judging someone and calling them a different age. Ah, classic insult. However, I wasn't trying to be rude, but to explain everything in a nice and neat manner. Your interpretations on my anger/hostility are of yet what you think; in regards to what others think. My actions, your judgement. However, on the honest side, I'm not 12. I was only trying to help thoroughly and explaining to you. You only provided me with few short details. Not enough to cover the entire topic.

Well if that was so, then Xbox Support is wrong. Most of them themselves literally google 343 Industries, they see this. Give you a link. There you go. That's how you got directed here. If you weren't the one who did it, but were provided. That is my bad on accusing you, as much as it is for Xbox Support to fail to meet their customer satisfaction.

This is the first time I have heard this. Most people join saying there was a code. When infact it was an extension. If you didn't have Xbox Live, they applied a free one month. However, I have looked and tried to find this information myself. You are incorrect. There was no redemption code. No official gaming site, such as Waypoint, IGN, or GameSpot. Have said anything of there being a code. It was just applied to your account if you played before December 19th. If you didn't meet any of the requirements. Then that's on you. Whoever told you this was wrong and lied to you. I've seen this thread on here about 6-8 times a week. I see most complaints.

Your judgement of my abilities are your own opinions. However, everything I have displayed is actually correct. Here are your links to my sources. I want to see your sources proving me wrong.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-month-of-xbox-live-gold-for-halo-master-chief/1100-6425408/

http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/18/halo-the-master-chief-collection-free-xbox-live-gold-matchmaking-update/

http://news.xbox.com/2014/12/games-halo-thank-you-to-our-fans

You are delighted to be in our community. However, your better off sticking around here than Waypoint forums. Usually we're harsh on the "New Members" because most of them like to troll and act arrogantly. Most are banned within a few days. Judging us on our action are our opinions. However, if you were to stick around we'd be delighted to have you. It's just this thread that has a heated debate.

Here is you a link to Halo Waypoint Forums. Though be careful. They tend to ignore users, as well as ban them. Don't be hasty, explain in a calm nice matter that can be interpreted even through text. You should be fine. Though, you're going to get a lot of absolute hatred over there. Don't retaliate.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums

OK, thanks for clearing things up everyone.  Yep, it looks as though xbox support are the ones giving out the wrong information.  Typical.  I'll post over in Halo Waypoint Forums - thanks for the link!

Sorry we came off as a rude community to you. We usually aren't. However, if you want to stick around. Understandable after this if you don't. Anyways, good luck and hope to see you around sometime!

• Like 2

I can clear this all up very easily.  343i CANNOT do anything for you in terms of account information and Gold Status.  343i does NOT and CANNOT dictate who has gold status and for what reason.  Xbox Support only can help you with account extensions or any other account related information aside from bans from servers.

Besides which, why is just now you have decided to look into this?  Let me guess, your Xbox Live ran out and your looking for a quick extension until you can get enough funds to pay for it? 

I still have yet to see any arbitrary posting of this "supposed chat" in which you were directed to a developers website to clear up any Xbox Live status.  That's like Xbox Support telling you to contact Dice/Activision because you didn't get a free month extension for Battlefield/CoD.  Dice/Activision cannot do anything about it.  Yes Dice may not be a part of Microsoft, but the principle is the same.

You have had since what now, January to investigate into any or all account status issues...and your just doing it now?  Sorry, but in my age,my wisdom with dealing with people have taught me one thing.  If there is procrastination on something like this and the issue isn't looked into right away...there is usually a reason.  Said reason is usually bs or laziness or just someone looking for something for free.  Plain and simple.

You say you got a code instead of automatic extension because you didn't have Xbox Live?

Then you didn't recieve anything as you had to have played ONLINE before the 19th of December 2014 to get the compensations.

Also I still don't get how people don't immediatly redeem a code the moment they get them...