Maestro

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you...

post-71046-0-88387300-1428995343_thumb.png

It's high time to dust off your Xbox 360s, reboot Sikslik's brain child, and actually do something forge-related since I got this position. I'm proud to present 360 Teleforge v2.0!

What is Teleforge?

For those who are unfamiliar with the concept or did not participate in the first one, Teleforge is a cooperative forging project where everyone puts a set number of pieces in a map. One person starts, puts their pieces on the map, and uploads the map to their file share. Then, the next person downloads the map, puts their pieces down, then uploads, and the cycle repeats until everyone has had their turn. Once a cycle has concluded, a new one will begin until the map is finished. It's basically like a game of telephone, only with forging instead of talking.

Differences Between v1.0 and v2.0

This time around, there will be a couple of adjustments as to how Teleforge will work.

The first adjustment relates to what happens while it is your turn in forge. The limit, like last time, will be 10 pieces. However, each turn will use a specific category of item instead. This means that participants will be limited to using specific pieces instead of placing random items. This will help organize the project and give participants a clearer idea of what to put in the map. Once a round has concluded, all available participants will meet up and discuss how the map is progressing and where to go next regarding its construction.

The categories for each round will be as follows:

Round 1 & 2Structure

Round 3Scenery and Gadgets

Round 4Weapons, Vehicles, Toys, Ordnance

Round 5Special FX, Kill/Safe/Trait Zones, Spawn Points, Objectives

The second change relates to what happens if someone is unable to forge. Unless notice is given (preferably in the form of a PM) that someone is unable to take their turn, failure to do so twice will result in removal from Teleforge for the rest of the map.

Details

Teleforge will start 2:00pm PST on Saturday, May 9th on Halo 4 on Xbox 360. Like the first Teleforge, the starting canvas will be Forge Island. The next canvas will be Impact, and then Ravine. If demand is high enough, we'll also move onto Erosion.

Each participant will have four days, after their turn is announced, to place their pieces. A post will be made publicly in the thread, and a PM will be sent.

Slots are limited (due to forge party limits), so sign up today and get ready to hit the forge!

Confirmed participants:

1. Maestro

2. Yang Xiao Long

3. Unease P34nut

4. ShadowFiend216

7 (accualy is 5). Bnus

6. Delpen9

7. Beats by Dre (Cheap Piece of Plastic)

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Teleforge will begin at 2:00pm PST (GMT-7) on Saturday, May 9 (AKA tomorrow). I got a gold subscription card and don't have to work tomorrow, so the event will proceed as planned!

GET HYPE

My addition has been uploaded to my file share, aptly named "Teleforge v2.0". You can find the map here. If the link does not work (since the file share was acting strangely last night when I tried to upload), search up the tag "Teleforge 2".

Yang is up next, and has until 11:59pm PST on May 15 to complete his turn.

• Like 1

Due to some technical issues, Yang was unable to complete his turn.

P34nut is up next, and has until 11:59pm PST (GMT-7) on May 20 to complete his turn. You can get the map here, or search up the tag "Teleforge 2" to find it.

Oops, forgot to mention that it was ShadowFiend's turn! Regardless, he took his turn yesterday.

Sikslik7 is up next, and has until 11:59pm PST (GMT-7) on May 24 to complete his turn. You can get the map here, or look in ShadowFiend's file share.

• 2 weeks later...