SAVE MMC FIRST

I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this but don't pre order halo 5. The reason why is because we need to save MCC first, because 343 have pushed halo into a corner and instead of helping it they have decided to let it die. So we need to raise awareness for MCC, so don't pre order halo 5 because if we get it out and tell everyone we can save halo from extinction. So friends join me all we need to do is change our clan tags to SAVEMCCFIRST, so we can get the attention of 343 so they can put a stop to this. If you didn't know halo 5 was available for pre order before mcc was out so that's why they have so many pre-order, because most game let you pre order a few months before release but halo 5 has been available for about a year. They don't care about halo all they care about is how much money they can make so if we don't pre-order they will be like why is no one buying our game, so the will go and talk to the community support managers and be like where is everyone and they will say playing MCC. So that means that they may take into consideration to maybe wait and develop a game for a few years, making it more enjoyable instead of killing halo. So I would greatly appreciate if you tell people about this and change you halo tags, but I can't force anyone not to buy it just think what would you rather do save halo or possibly get a few more games out of it .

Thank you

XxDragonOrbxX

I love halo so much it got me into gaming. So the reason why I put this is because I don't want it to end, it was a major part of my childhood when I was growing up, so I can't let such an important matter go unheard.

• Like 1

So I guess the date for the mega-update hadn't been unveiled yet?

And it's become kind of a staple with the state of AAA gaming these days.. "don't preorder." I've never seen a point to it; but it was hilarious when my brother in law pre-ordered Reach before there was even an announcement for it.

Have patience, chiles. Things will go smoothly.

That's a highly invalid/ignorant argument.

343Industries can't do anything about it. There's nothing in the gaming industry they can do about it. Microsoft told them it needs to be done and out by October 27th. 343i has no choice but to do what they're told. They're not doing it for profit, Microsoft is. However, they're being forced to push the game out. 343 would absolutely love to work on MCC, but not pre-ordering Halo 5 is not going to do anything.

What you're doing is what you think is right. It's not. It's called being obnoxious. 

Well, I personally am a massive supporter of the #SaveMCCFirst campaign pioneered first by the YouTuber; BDobbinsFTW and I'm massively glad that this has been brought to this forums attention. I mean, I personally was to lazy to post about it XD. And to scared, but in all honesty the scale of this of this tremendously bad situation for the Halo community has to be heard and I believe the true speakers of this campaign should be the Halo community themselves and they need to get involved quite prominently, quite soon :D! I believe if we as a community got quite involved in this even we as a small community could slightly at least get 343i/Microsoft's attention; not even all of us have to get involved, just a small portion. I mean a lot of you probably don't support this rebellious kind of behaviour towards 343i as it is a fan site towards 343i and Microsoft. However while I still have a huge amount of respect for Microsoft, 343i, Xbox and the franchise as a whole, I do believe this situation has to be named and shamed and be bought to the public's view and our view as a community.

The situation is that the game is still only about halfway through it's lifespan and it actually has been, for the most part, salvaged from the mess that it once was but 343i aren't bringing it to massive attention and hyping the update up hugely, like they have the potential to do as the heart of a still thriving but dying slowly community and this is because Microsoft want to make as much money as possible out of the situation, there are conspiracy theories that 343i released the game broken on purpose to do this although I do not believe these, they could still could quite possibly be true and are widely agreed on through the community. Why I support this campaign is because I believe strongly in great customer support and companies going beyond the call of duty to help fix what they've messed up on such as what DICE have done with Battlefield 4. They didn't have to go out of their way to fix a very extremely botched launch almost at the end of it's life span but they did and what's even better is that they're still working on Battlefield 4 even though Hardline has just been released. I believe we should still get the other half of MCC's lifespan problem free and with no trouble finding matches. All I want is for 343i to eventually deliver the product we all wanted and paid for, just as DICE did wth BF4 (better late than never :) ) I want the MCC to be the masterpiece we all thought it was going to be for the last 6 months or so of it's lifespan. And not just for nostalgic reasons but for the sake of good ol' customer support.

Anyway back to what I was saying before the customer support jargon, what has happened is that 343i/Microsoft have seen a great way to further boost profits out of Halo via not hyping up the recent bug fix update recently released the reason for this is actually because they want us all to forget about MCC just 4 months into it's lifespan.They want to say goodbye to the game that they self handedly destroyed as all they care about at this moment of time is profit from H5:Guardians as they've already got what they wanted from MCC because they rushed it out into holiday season, which is what I think caused the botched launch. They want people to move on to their brand new game issue free and make more profit via pre-orders and that when it comes down to it is wrong. They should be encouraging their oldschool players to come back to the game they've recently fixed rather than just wanting to lure in more new-school players to pre-order H5 a year in advance. Because they WANT  MCC to die and the way they've gone about it has caused the playlist population to plummet to near on nothing for game types other than BTB and Team Slayer. This is not the full experience we wanted out of the MCC. This is why we need to get it out to 343i's senior decision maker type people that we need them to save MCC first via not pre-ordering. Microsoft have admitted they're wrong before with the Xbone and DRM policies and they'll happily do it again with Halo. This is the only way to get through to them, I'm not saying don't buy H5 by any means but please don't pre-order Halo 5: Guardians if you want Halo to survive as a community and franchise in the long run. People could argue that its perhaps ODST that will make the player population come back, but I disagree as it's only a campaign and won't publicise the fact that multiplayer is now fully functional which is wrong as we should be told that the masterpiece we once wanted, minus the custom games is finished. The support for the game should be there and that's a fact :P.

Here's the video explaining in depth why you should support the campaign (warning contains some swearing) : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs

Trust me, you know me guys, I'm the biggest Halo fan you could ever meet and I'm not just saying all of this because I'm blatantly asking for a ban or because I'm a hater of 343 or because I'm trying to be negative towards Halo at all. You guys know that's not true, I'm just saying it because I love the Halo franchise and I want it to live on. I'm doing this for what I believe is the greater good of Halo in the future and I definitely do appreciate that 343i fixed the game with the speed they did but they still haven't fixed playlist population because when it comes down to it they want MCC to die; purely for profit. I can understand if you disagree with this whole thread/ post but it's just an opinion of mine and a campaign I feel needs to be spread around to the many fractions of the Halo community :).

• Like 1

I totally agree with you. :) ^

Games need to stop being released early before they are damm good and ready!

As the video says, we should not forgive them, they game was broken in every level and still for so many people is still broken.

It is completely unacceptable, Bungie never had they kind of problems, granted they were not doing four games but still, Destiny had a almost perfect launch ( server wise ) So why Mcc?

343 should fix Mcc first then release Halo 5. Even if it means waiting another year till 2016 to get your hands on Halo 5, I think the price would be certainly worth it.

Edit

Generally I don't think 343 is ready for Halo though, the clearly cannot handle it.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

But... Because it's all about that: Money I don't see it happening. And also wouldn't it be better to say "Don't BUY Halo 5?" It just sounds like your not going to pre-order, yet you are still going to buy and therefore put money in their pockets anyway. Doesn't sound too distressing when you say "I'm not pre-ordering."

343 should fix Mcc first then release Halo 5. Even if it means waiting another year till 2016 to get your hands on Halo 5, I think the price would be certainly worth it.

Not gonna happen. With 100% certainty I can guarantee you that that is not going to happen, no matter how bad a previous game was screwed up.

"Destiny had a near perfect launch, Bungie never had these problems."

Kill me! Plz somebody Kill meh!

Edited by rrhuntington

But... Because it's all about that: Money I don't see it happening. And also wouldn't it be better to say "Don't BUY Halo 5?" It just sounds like your not going to pre-order, yet you are still going to buy and therefore put money in their pockets anyway. Doesn't sound too distressing when you say "I'm not pre-ordering."

Not gonna happen. With 100% certainty I can guarantee you that that is not going to happen, no matter how bad a previous game was screwed up.

"Destiny had a near perfect launch, Bungie never had these problems."

Kill me! Plz somebody Kill meh!

Shoots you in the head* 

You asked for it :D

^

*Shoots you in the head again*

*Proceeds to do it several more times*

OVERKILL! :)

Ruff I was right ( Server wise ) Destiny launched near perfect, I was really expecting a terrible launch for that game but it surprisingly good, just too bad the loot system was downright broken.

Right pretty much what this campaign is aiming at is getting the senior decision makers for 343i to think "Oh! I wonder why the pre-order count is so low." To which the answer is we are trying to make a point that we aren't going to pre-buy their games like we did with MCC until they fix it. To which they'll probably respond with publicising the update and furthermore fixing the problems with playlist population :). Then they will prove themselves capable of providing great customer support like DICE have done and most definitely redeem themselves and by extent earn our trust back to pre-order their future games and even Halo 5: Guardians if they fix it soon enough. The #SaveMCCFirst campaign also does note that if 343i pull themselves together soon enough and fix MCC before H5: Guardians release out of their own kindness and to truely deliver what we wanted to scrap the previous prejudice about their morals and pre-order H5: Guardians :D.