Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced!

Call of Duty: Black Ops III has been announced with a 2015 release according to a new trailer!

It's Treyarch's turn this year, and the creators of World at War and Black Ops are coming around with the third entry into the series. Xbox and PlayStation's YouTube.com uploaded a short teaser with voices from multiple people in past entries of Black Ops tying into the third game. How exactly Black Ops II's multiple endings will tie into this story is unknown. The logo then morphs at the end, turning from I, to II, to III. They then announce a full reveal later on April 26th. No more details are known other than it will tie into it's past entries and that it will release this year. It can however be speculated that it will share similarities to Ghosts and Advanced Warfare's futuristic setting, sadly. Only time will tell in the future if it will live up to Treyarch's very good track record.

post-26953-0-00264300-1428619035_thumb.png

I have to admit, I'm quite tired of Call of Duty, but I've always had a soft spot for Treyarch because of their abilities to tell a good story. I expect no less for Black Ops III, and even though it's almost confirmed it's futuristic, I'm still hoping for a Call of Duty in World War II. What are your thoughts on this announcement teaser? Let me know below! Thanks for reading!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

Nice screen!

I didn't play Black Ops I or II honestly because I just quit after Modern Warfare 2. I miss that game now that I think about it. Anyway I'm sure this will be just as promising of a military shooter as any other CoD just in a different setting. Thanks for the news EK, try to bring us World at War II next time.

• Like 1

I'm still hoping for a Call of Duty in World War II.

:cray:

Why!? Why!? World At War II where'd you go!?

Anyway with my dreams crushed and swept into the trash can for like the third year in a row, let me get on with my conditions. I too have a soft spot with Treyarch, but more so for their Zombies. That's why if this game has Zombies I'll get it. If it doesn't, I won't.

And not Exo-Zombies, with Exo-health, and Exo-Zombies jumpin' up, and Exo-Reload, and Exo-everything shoved up my aiwhoefer.

I mean some Zombies that resembles the World at War to Black Ops 1 era of it. I only ended up liking two of the maps in Black ops II in the game. Mob of the Dead and Origins. I'd just rather have the original feel with my Zambies. Also, if there's some way we can get custom Zombie maps that'd be great.

Another year goes by, another chance for the return to my favorite CoD era, and another let down.

Needs zombies! And not the Black Ops II style of zombies where you had to ride a bus, wait for elevators, build a plane or get a big drunk guy to charge down debris in order to access the whole map. Just give us the classic survival maps, similar to Verrueckt and Nacht Der Untoten!

huh notice the teaser didn't just show the BO III logo? it went I, II and then III so are we getting all 3 games as a collection this time? I don't mind that there's a BO III it'll be interesting to see where they go with it story wise since BO II didn't really end on a cliff hanger like Ghosts did

• Like 1

huh notice the teaser didn't just show the BO III logo? it went I, II and then III so are we getting all 3 games as a collection this time? I don't mind that there's a BO III it'll be interesting to see where they go with it story wise since BO II didn't really end on a cliff hanger like Ghosts did

I don't know about a collection, at least, not yet.

Mainly because $60 for not only a new game, but two older ones? Seems unlikely. It more likely symbolizes Black Ops' evolution through time. 

See now that's something I could really get behind!

Because it should have all the Zombie maps released ever

Remember when everyone was so happy and relived to see Cod go to the Modern military era ( The original Mw )  Now its the opposite futuristic of Modern settings are boring everyone and everyone seems to wants the WW2 era back.

Funny how time changes things. :)

Remember when everyone was so happy and relived to see Cod go to the Modern military era ( The original Mw ) Now its the opposite futuristic of Modern settings are boring everyone and everyone seems to wants the WW2 era back.

Funny how time changes things. :)

I remember.

Problem is that call of duty, like always, overdid it.

I've never really followed CoD until just last year, and I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would. Maybe this will change things? Not sure how I feel about the game itself, I think I'm more excited that Treyarch is going to be involved :D

Nice article Ed!

I'm so hyped for this, seriously can't wait.

Edit: Oh whoops, wrong thread, that was meant for Halo...

Sarcasm aside, I almost couldn't care less for new CoD games. If there is a zombies/survival gametype that is not 'futuristic', then I'm interested.

Nice article EK.

Edited by UNSC Spartan II