Survey- the state of the Halo universe post-2553

BaconShelf

http://goo.gl/forms/r0KtFIQm7R

Is a link to a simple survey about the opinions of the community- IE this is simply opinions, not a quiz- on various factions and characters in the Halo lore, post-2553. There shouldn't be any major spoilers and all questions are multiple choice/ choosing from a list so it shouldn't take long. This is purely for my own interest, and isn't official. You should be able to view results at the end if you wish.

Thanks for looking.

(Not posted in universe because it will never be seen)

• Like 1

So far in one of the questions it's an 4:1 ratio on people that want Chief to people who want Locke.

I also took it and most of my answers we're in the majority. I also see that the people want the flood to evolve in games, which is good.

So far in one of the questions it's an 4:1 ratio on people that want Chief to people who want Locke.

I also took it and most of my answers we're in the majority. I also see that the people want the flood to evolve in games, which is good.

I'm one of the few people who support ONI when it came to UNSC v ONI 

I found a few of the questions lacking some options like the one about giving marines and ODSTs Spartan Aug and armour. There really should have been an option for armour only. I seem to be outnumbered on the Chief v Locke front

I found a few of the questions lacking some options like the one about giving marines and ODSTs Spartan Aug and armour. There really should have been an option for armour only. I seem to be outnumbered on the Chief v Locke front

Eh. I was more referring to making Spartans the military and regular humans a less seen branch maybe on outer colony worlds and the like.

But he was killed in Halo Escalation #10...

I must not have seen that one. Was it not required?

He wasn't killed- Brian Reed has confirmed him composed and very much alive.

He wasn't killed- Brian Reed has confirmed him composed and very much alive.

Well whatever, they kind of hinted of him being composed. The control room was intact and everything. However, if he's been confirmed to be composed. Then he's been composed. Still, should've killed him off.

Well whatever, they kind of hinted of him being composed. The control room was intact and everything. However, if he's been confirmed to be composed. Then he's been composed. Still, should've killed him off.

I think killing off the Ur-Didact in a comic book would have been really lackluster.

He's the main enemy of Halo 4 and even gets an entire trilogy of books with him in it! he is even mentioned in other books!

He dies in 2 pages of a comic book! Huzzah!

No. Killing off one o the most important characters in a comic is an idiotic idea, look at te backlash to Black Team being killed off.

Also, be was surrounded by six composers and quite clearly shown with a composer effect. It was pretty obvious he wasn't dead, not 'hinted'.

Damn. You want the main protagonist and arguably (I say arguably because of the Flood) the series Main antagonist to die. What are we going for, a spin off game at this point?

Damn. You want the main protagonist and arguably (I say arguably because of the Flood) the series Main antagonist to die. What are we going for, a spin off game at this point?

No. Everyone must die. Even Locke. All that shall remain are the precursors.

Great survey! Really detailed and helped explain a lot of things to me and introduce some new concepts. However, a small gripe.

SPOILERS: Black Team died in Halo Escalation, it's been confirmed.

It does say disregarding escalation.

• Like 1

But you can't disregard lore at your will, otherwise you could disregard the games to formulate decisions. You need to take the whole universe into account.

Its a survey to gather a general consensus of the community. By putting "disregarding Escalation" He isnt disregarding lore as it never happened. He is merely asking you a question on how YOU would want events to turn out. Not HOW it turned it out, but rather how you, player of Halo, reader of lore, would have wanted. Its like if a writer at 343i asked "Hey I know we killed Black team in Escalation, but if you disregard that just for this question and moment. Which Spartan team would have you wanted to die?"

Its a survey for a specific question. Its meant to gather data. He isnt saying it never happened. Hes merely asking what you would have done instead. Which is very useful data. 

• Like 1

Its a survey to gather a general consensus of the community. By putting "disregarding Escalation" He isnt disregarding lore as it never happened. He is merely asking you a question on how YOU would want events to turn out. Not HOW it turned it out, but rather how you, player of Halo, reader of lore, would have wanted. Its like if a writer at 343i asked "Hey I know we killed Black team in Escalation, but if you disregard that just for this question and moment. Which Spartan team would have you wanted to die?"

Its a survey for a specific question. Its meant to gather data. He isnt saying it never happened. Hes merely asking what you would have done instead. Which is very useful data. 

But disregarded lore does nothing beneficial for anyone, because 343i can no longer reverse it. Black Team is dead, there is no changing it, because if you do, you overwrite previously finished lore. Which is why I don't understand why Escalation is being pushed aside to change something already set in stone.

Even if they did change it, Black Team's dead was essential in setting Blue Team and the Chief on their path, changing that means changing the plot of Escalation and Halo 5, which is far too much work to do, which is why changing it will never happen and disregarding the lore for personal preference just simply confuses the surveyor. 

But disregarded lore does nothing beneficial for anyone, because 343i can no longer reverse it. Black Team is dead, there is no changing it, because if you do, you overwrite previously finished lore. Which is why I don't understand why Escalation is being pushed aside to change something already set in stone.

Even if they did change it, Black Team's dead was essential in setting Blue Team and the Chief on their path, changing that means changing the plot of Escalation and Halo 5, which is far too much work to do, which is why changing it will never happen and disregarding the lore for personal preference just simply confuses the surveyor. 

It's like saying this "If Halo 3 never happened, how would you have wanted the trilogy to end?".

Disregarding laid out lore is perfectly justifiable for gaining insight on people's thoughts.

It's like saying this "If Halo 3 never happened, how would you have wanted the trilogy to end?".

Disregarding laid out lore is perfectly justifiable for gaining insight on people's thoughts.

Y'see, I sorta get you now. Here's what I was thinking you were saying.

"If you wanted to change the lore, how would you do it?"

But however, I see now, you're saying,

"For future reference, what would you change to improve the series in other areas, and how could it affect the future?"

I thought he was stuck on changing past lore lol, not evolving past lore into future lore. I gotcha now.

It's not like its official anyway. It's more of a thing I wanted to do; comparing the general consensus to people on archive, as most people on archive prefer the Hesduros Covenant an don't like John and The UNSC as things, so it's interesting looking at how this compares in general.

Here's the link to view results if anyone is interested.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1snTa2zxtnkCYZyeVrGn5z6IVnhA_j7SVAnOEEzYDdL8/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

Except it could have easily been some random Spartan-IV Pioneer Group that we know has been exploring the ring since discovery.

Black Team was last seen facing a Covenant armada on a Line Installation, and all of a sudden they're appearing again for te first time in 7 years IRL then they're killed off. It's a waste of potentially interesting characters and Spartan-II commandos.

We still don't have an explanation for how they returned. I really hope that's one of the new books is about, more specifically Last Light. Same goes for Team Grey.