The Beginning of a Story(Prologue and Story Sign Up)

In the Beginning the Light ruled the lands. Everything full of joy and hope. Then the Darkness came, sweeping through these once peaceful lands. Nothing stood in its path. To combat the Darkness, four prime races were created: Humans, numerous and haughty; Elves swift and ageless; Fairies, intelligent and carefree; Dragons mighty and commanding.

When these four races entered the fray, the Darkness had already created its own armies: Goblins,ugly and crafty; Orcs, strong and ghastly; Ogres, large and foul; Nyxs, manipulative and treacherous.

In the battles that took place, and no ground was gained by either side. Years passed heroes came to being and died. Forests were burned and plains turned into blood soaked battlefields. Centuries passed and nothing changed.  Until one day the Darkness receaded and disappeared leaving behind its armies to fight and fend for themselves. The Light seeing the opportunity, seized it, and began to retake its lands, New cities were built, and forgotten races, created eons ago by the Light were found and rediscovered-- Dwarfs, masters at the forge and construction. Druids, whisperers of nature and prophicizers. Giant Eagles, who can fly higher and faster than any dragon. Fauns whose speed and cunning is unmatched by any on land. And more, so many more who dwelled in the presence of the darkness for a millennia and survived.

Now a new era has begun, for the forces of Light have prospered and advanced. The Darkness faded first into myth then into legend. The forests that burned have grown again, the bloody plains are fertile and holds countless farms and farmsteads. The old forging techniques have advanced, and new blades and armour are more sturdier than before. Gunpowder has been discovered and guns and cannons have been invented. This is we begin, here in these times, just before the Darkness's return the the legends that are told, become reality once again.

Races:

Humans-Due to there being so many of them, they are the main force of the Light's Army. Adaptive, they can easily learn most things(building, forging, etc). Can only learn 1 type of magic, or 3 spells from all criteria magik

Elves-The fact that they are fast and stealthy, makes them perfect for the Reconnaissance division of the Light's Army, although they do sometimes join into the main force. Can learn 2 support criteria magiks

Fairies-The greatest strategisers in the Light's Army, now if only they weren't so carefree. Know how to use air magik.

Dragons-NOT USABLE. Noting much is known about them, their hide is tougher than iron, and they can use more than one type of magik. They use a form of telepathy to speak. The Light took their jaw workings into consideration.

Dwarves- The greatest craftsmen in the entirety of the Light's Army. They know how to use Earth magik.

Pegusi/Unicorns- Consider it a great honor to ride one, usually the Generals of the Light's Army ride these majestic creatures, only a rare few accounts have there ever been someone else to ride one, other than a generals, to ride them. They speak their minds often. Know Healing magik

Fauns-Also used in the Reconnaissance division, due to there speed and craftiness. They are pranksters, but when it comes down to it, they are reliable in any fight. Can't learn magik

Mermaids-Unlike most stories, Mermaids can walk on dry land, they lose all fish-like qualities once they assume their human form. Of course once they return to the water they can regain these qualities. Know Water magik.

Giant Eagles-NOT USABLE. They can use certain words, and phrases. These astounding creatures have amazing speed in the air. Used by Elves in the Reconnaissance division. No magik.

Dryads-Beings of the forest, rarely seen on the battle field. They can foresee the future and coming events. What makes them even more unique is that the can speak to all plant life. Can use Nature magik.

Naids-Mostly water spirits, cousins of Mermaids, they can speak to all sea life, an extremely rare few can go on land. They know Water magik.

Magik Criteria:

Fire- Combat

Water- Healing

Earth- Construction, Combat

Air- Combat, Healing

Support- (Ex: Speed increase, stealth, etc)

In the story version of the sign up, you may replace the the magic ability with the already a signed abilities with what ever you want, but in the story if you wish to change your magic

There are far more types of magik,such as Lightning(combat). But due to funding they can not all be discovered by the Magikal Institution in Shayton, the capitol of Tel'Minar.

Major cities:

Shayton- Capitol of Tel'Minar. The biggest Academic city. Third biggest in Trade

Favel Court- Major Political city. Second biggest in Academics. Minor trade.

Can'Telcar- The richest city in Tel'Minar, first capitol(it is no longer the capitol). Has an Excellent Academics rate. Excellent Trade.

Vaasel- The largest Trade and Sea Port city. A great Academics rate.

Panishi- The biggest and poorest city. Horrible Academics rate. Moderate Trade.

Gantel- The smallest city, but despite that, has many notable landmarks, and is a center for Trade and Academic Travelers.

Of course there are many smaller cities and villages but none worth mentioning.

When you make your characters for the story, please make them sensible. It would be easier on me that way. I will also list the sign up sheet below. Ok guys thank you and I look forward to see who and what your characters will be like.

Name:(Ex: Electra Calemaria)

Race:(Ex: Elf)

Weapon of choice: (Ex: Lance)

Secondary Weapon: (Ex: Short Sword)

Gun: (If the gun is small like a pistol then, this slot is open, if it is a musket or blunderbuster, it will replace the main weapon. Also you can replace this slot with another small bladed weapon, such as a knife.)

Magik:(depending on your race you may know a type of magik, if not list it here. Elves can only learn support magik.)

Armour: (Ex: Survivalist's White Leather armour)

Apperance: (Ex: Sharp pointed chin, long slender ears, Blonde hair(hair can be any colour),  thin long scar on left cheek. Has a very soft and kind voice.)

Personality: (Ex: Often a quiet person, she only speaks when comforting someone, or using proper etiquette.)

Background: (Ex:Grew up in an Elven/Dryad community she, has always been a solitary person, mostly keeping to herself unless it is important or addressed to. She spent a lot of time roaming the woods around her large village. She would often speak to the travelers who would come to trade with her village. SHe hoped to one day travel around and see the lands that her ancestors once saw.)

Note: With guns, since they are just coming out in the time period of this story, there are no additions to them such as silencers or magazines, or holographic sights. With the muskets however you can put a scope on it, but be reasonable with it since the range on them isn't very far.

If you wish to know something let me know in the comments

Also, don't expect this to be perfect, this was all of the top of my head as I did not have my school project with me. Even then, as I stated before, I am not a good story writer as good as a creator as JL, or Fishy so don't compare me to them, I'm an amateur, this is my first story that I have EVER made public, so please don't put me down to badly.

• Like 2

Name: Ulfkrostaag

Race: Human

Weapon of choice: His trusty rapier, Johnson.

Gun: His trusty flintlock, Jeffrey.

Magic: Making cards disappear, Air (healing)

Armor: His custom, trusty armor: Lewis. Enhances Air magic by 2%

Appearance:

This man is so handsome, he wears a bag over his head to stop from killing innocents with his square chin, beautiful yellow eyes, and perfect hair. His voice can make the ground shake and weep, so he speaks when necessary.

Background:

Ulfkrostaag was born like any other child in the city of Can Tel'car into a family of nobles. However, complications occurred and his father died during the birth. He was solitary most of his childhood. Kids made fun of his voice, because it was too weird. They called him a freak. But he couldn't take it anymore. He killed all his classmates in school. He was sent to 30 years in prison. His family had disowned him, but "loved" him "so much we're going to give you 5 million gold, for when you start making smart decisons." Since the law was surprisingly lenient and happy to take some bribes, they decided to teach him the essentials, as they were worried he'd escape crazy.Through his time in jail, he was taught all he needed to know to leave prison as an intellect. Even dance. 30 years passed and in this time, he learned to not speak again, and to hide his face from gazing strangers. He went to an old druid by the name of Henry. Henry had been friends with Ulfkrostaag's father for 20 years. He was happy to provide whatever for the now-grown man. With 2.5 million pieces of his gifted currency, he was able to craft his trusty legendary armor, sword, and flintlock: Lewis, Jeffrey, and Johnson.1 million was spent on a home DESIGNED for security. Warded from all known magic by Henry, and guarded 24/7 (or whatever) by the most elite mercenaries.Ulfkrostaag now lives in his trusty, secure home: Johnathan, in his birth-city, Can Tel'car.

ExpertConceptArt:

8WX5PoX.jpg

Name: The Emperor, or also know as the Delpen Ringleader

Race: Naid (I can walk on land, pls)

Weapon #1: Pengdrill (I use my beak like a drill while sliding.)

Weapon #2: Spinguin (I spin, using my wings as blades.)

Gun: Bubblebeam 

Magic: My attacks absorb the health of my enemy and gives it to me: lifelink. 

Armor: The spiritual essence of the past Delpen Ringleaders cuddle around me, forming a protective shield from attacks and inclement weather. 

Appearance: I'm an Emperor Penguin with a sacred band of the past Delpen Ringleaders. If this band is ever removed, my armor and magic is disabled, but my attacks will be deadlier. 

Background: Delpen Ringleader is part of a long and proud heritage of emperor penguins from the aquatic tribe of Pluto. Before Delpen Ringleader was bestowed with the title of The Emperor and the Delpen Ringleader, his name was Delpenine, named after the last great Delpen Ringleader, Delpenate. From a young age, Delpenine was tested in harsh conditions, casted into blizzards and freezing water falls, left to stay for months at a time - tests to improve his endurance. Shrine maidans prophecized that he would become the new Delpen Ringleader and thus took him in as a disciple; They taught the Aurora arts, a set of techniques to combat enemies and absorb their life essence: the first of which is the Pengdrill, and attacks that delves into the opponents spirit and strips it with the beak's circulatory force; secondly, the maidens taught him the Spinguin, an attack the severs the spiritual body which is sucked in by the vortex created from the move's usage, stealing the opponent's spirit energy. Even with the this training, Delpenine wasn't ready to become the Delpen Ringleader; the Shrine Maidans instucted Delpenine to follow a glacial path that led to the Plutona Aurora, a divine creation of a celestial phenomenon, worshipped by the Shrine Maidens as the Sun God's spirit. Delpenine had to be one with this spirit by harmonizing with 

(I wrote 3 times more but it got deleted)