Ac unity or Dying light?

7 members have voted

1. 1. Ac unity or Dying light

• Ac unity
    • Dying light

Herro all its is the one and only Caboose asking for everyone's opinion....

Im in the market for a new game but I can only spare enough for one.

Ac unity for 20 pounds

Dying light for 40 pounds

What should I get? Is dying light worth the extra cash or not? :)

Caboose out!

I have a bias because I dont really like the AC Games

I really enjoyed my time Dying Light. Its a game you can play for awhile and there is a lot to do. Once you get to the endgame and have all your abilities killing Zombies becomes loads of fun.
Also compared to AC Unity the game respects your time a lot more. I didnt feel the itching need to go back and collect everything. I completed the main story right away and was able to do so seamlessly. The side quests arent pushed in your face constantly but theyre still there to do them if you wish. Some of the side quests can also be quite interesting(there is one where you need to defend some crazy old fisherman as you both walk a trail)

The main quests are also varied. I didnt find myself backtracking a whole lot(you do but there are a lot of routes to take to go to the same place so it keeps things fresh). The parkour system is also kept very basic. You have one button that does everything(jump, and climb). Later on in the game you get a grappling hook(which makes you spider man) and if you find the Super Mario easter egg you get some glider(which isnt useful but fun to use)

Also there are a lot of fun easter eggs. They have a Destiny Loot Cave one, another which you play the first world from Super Mario Bros, and another which is Dead Space related and earns you a stasis grenade blueprint.

With all that being said though. The story sucks. I didnt enjoy it much but its enough to keep you going. The last mission is really really bad. Luckly for you the gameplay is fun enough you ignore all of this and just want to keep playing. The combat is also quite fun too and mixing it up with different abilites like vaulting and slide kicks. Even backthrows or throwing ninja stars also help. 

Its content rich if youre willing to dig past the main stuff. The game also isnt a walk in the park. When night comes youre going to die if you try fighting the zombies(its also really dark which makes it harder to see)

Overall I would say Dying Light. The game respects your time and the main quests alone arent cookie cutter or that repetitive(one mission has you collecting protection payments, another planting bombs under a timelimit, and another navigating sewers to reach your goal). Its a game you can pick up and finish and feel satisfied afterwards. 

• Like 1