Halo Online Trailer Revealed! Guardian Remake, Customization, and More!

A new trailer has been released for Halo Online with many more details than originally expected this early in development!

Halo Online had better go worldwide, after seeing this I may need to move to Russia if it doesn't. A YouTube.com user managed to find a clear quality trailer that is about 1:15 worth of action and customization details. The game will have a system of buying items, in three categories, Standard, Premium, and Platinum, or they can be unlocked. Weapons will be FULLY customizable, meaning BRs, ARs, and DMRs that deal with separate qualities such as a heavy style BR with NO RAILS. Some armors I noticed were Cain, NI-Hard, Gladiator, Paladin, Renegade, Soldier, Air Assault, Scout, Mongoose (interesting), Mirmillion, EOD, Boxhead, Breaker, Samurai (Hayabusa), Iron (War Master), Stealth, Rogue, Ninja, Defender, Pilot, Hoplite (returning from Halo 2 Anniversary), Mercenary, and Buzzsaw. And that's likely a drop in the water compared to what is actually in the game. They showed off a host of maps including GUARDIAN, and what looks like a reskinned Blood Gulch. As well, old fan favorite guns return such as the Mauler, Storm Rifle, and the BRUTE PLASMA RIFLE. Also, something strange is most of the text is in English... While they're marketing this to a Russian audience... Hmm. There are more details to be found by Reddit, but until then, look at these juicy screenshots below.

post-26953-0-32883500-1427400379_thumb.png

post-26953-0-71267800-1427400387_thumb.png

post-26953-0-95337700-1427400396_thumb.png

post-26953-0-07156900-1427400408_thumb.png

post-26953-0-95663900-1427400417_thumb.png

post-26953-0-53473200-1427400425_thumb.png

post-26953-0-30383700-1427400587_thumb.png

post-26953-0-41597500-1427400597_thumb.png

post-26953-0-36331900-1427400607_thumb.png

post-26953-0-12734200-1427400618_thumb.png

So excited... SO EXCITED. I really want this to come to US and if it doesn't, well then I'm doing something to play it, I'll learn Russian if I have to. I have a Ukrainian buddy, maybe he'll help me. What do you think of this news? Comment below and let me know! Thanks for reading!

EDIT: DUAL WIEEEEELD
post-26953-0-80558500-1427403780_thumb.png

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 6

Did Halo 3 just get modded?

This looks like the most casual way to play Halo yet. Not that that's a bad thing. With the way the Halo fan base is, I wonder how the U.S and Euro crowds would react to getting this...

The kill feed and all that is in English does that mean anything?

Only the first beta is going to be Russia only, it might be released to other continents when it launches fully.

As for the video itself, my heart dropped when I saw you could only rent weapons with attachments with either alot of in game currency or premium currency for up to 24 hours max.

Also am I the only one that thinks that the AR with iron sights looks rediculous!?

Anyway, the game does look rather interesting though. IF it comes to other continents I might try it out of my PC can handle it, but don't expect me to put money down for it.

This actually looks like it might be mighty good fun.

If you buy weapons permanently that is.

I have no issues regarding renting weapons in F2P online shooters. I do have a problem when they don't give me the option to fully purchase the weapon. I am sure if enough people complain they will add the feature but for now this is a big gripe for me. What if I ALWAYS want to use the DMR without a scope? Why am I restricted to using it only in 24 Hour periods. Odd F2P Logic(but hey it rakes in a lot of money for them so you can't really argue)

This actually looks pretty cool. I love the customizations, I think that's something Halo has needed since it stopped after Reach. I like to have a unique Spartan. The weapon attachments are a little too much but it's nice to see they brought back Guardian! And I noticed the Bubble Shield was present on more than just that map so I wonder if they brought back Equipment as a whole as well? Great Article EK.

huh, I just noticed something VERY interesting 

post-26953-0-53473200-1427400425_thumb.p

in this image you can clearly see above the motion tracker 'Aug12tloo killed Aug12vaeung' or something. Here's some key points:

1. It's in English

2. Aug 12 is this potentially a hint at something? well the Beta is scheduled for some time later this Spring so it has an April/May window and August is in the Summer for the Northern hemisphere so this could either be a date for the full game or a North America/Western Europe (cos Russia is in Europe too you silly billies) or it could be absolutely nothing at all.

• Like 1

Man, this game looks awesome. This looks like it could be a great Halo game, although I don't know whether I should fall for it, trailers can be very deceiving as we found out with Destiny. What if we're just downloading a 'Free-to-Play'-'Pay-to-Win' re-skinned version of Halo 3 :question:? Nice article, EK :).

I actually agree with something Bnus said! Must be an Easter miracle! Praise Jesus!

Yes essentially this is just a f2p game that relies on microtransactions to keep it going. Said transactions allow people to purchase powerfull upgrades and weapon rentals. Said upgrades and weapons can be obtained by anyone, bit those who can afford to buy the currency instead of earning it slow, will have an advantage in game. This breakes the whole equal start and skill based system Halo is known for.

As for Halo 3, this is a variant of Halo 3's Blam! Engine bit uses assets from 3,4 and Reach and is using H2A audio...which sucks btw. All in all, this game is NOT what the pc community wanted. And any hope for an actual editing kit is squashed due to its f2p pay to win model.

Hopefully them English hackers can get this dubbed and sorted for a UK/US/everywhere else release. This looks promising. Nice one Kenway, I really like the Brute Chopper!

I can't wait to see it! :D TAKE MY MONEY!

I want to point out two things.

1. There are pictures already up so what can you not wait to see?

2. It's free...

• Like 1