Games with Gold for April has been announced on Major Nelson's blog and there seems to be a decent line up for next month.

gallery_12241_647_35471.png

Next month Xbox Live Gold members can get their hands on a total of six games rather than the usual 3-4 games. So lets see what Gold members will be getting in April. 

For the Xbox One, Gold users can get Pool Nation FX and Child of Light for free all month long in April.

sml_gallery_12241_647_414677.png sml_gallery_12241_647_70971.png

For the Xbox 360, Gold members can download Terraria and Gears of War Judgment from April 1st through April 15th. 

sml_gallery_12241_647_58650.jpg sml_gallery_12241_647_24931.jpg

Then from April 16th Assassins Creed IV Black Flag and Army of Two Devil's Cartel and they will be available to download for free for the remainder of the month. 

sml_gallery_12241_647_6095.jpg sml_gallery_12241_647_56775.jpg

This Games with Gold offers good amount of games for free and a decent selection. Leave a comment below and tell us what you think of April's Games with Gold offers.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 9

I might turn my xbox 360 on to download everything BUT Judgement. It's on the list of one of the worst games I've ever bought. Even Epic games stopped supporting the Facebook page :hrhr

Xbox One games don't interest me that much this month. Besides, my HDD is already at capacity.

• Like 1

Microsoft are on a roll with the disappointing games for Xbox One, how much longer will they continue? Considering all the money spent on Gold Membership adds up to be quite a lot, we should at least receive decent games. From what I've heard and seen, Sony have been giving PS4 gamers some better games for free. A good game here and there won't hurt Microsoft.

Thanks for the article Adam.

Edited by UNSC Spartan II

Microsoft are on a roll with the disappointing games for Xbox One, how much longer will they continue? Considering all the money spent on Gold Membership adds up to be quite a lot, we should at least receive decent games. From what I've heard and seen, Sony have been giving PS4 gamers some better games for free. A good game here and there won't hurt Microsoft.

Well these games aren't really pulling in profits so they give them free. What do you want? Battlefield Hardline to go free or something?

Consider this, Xbox 360 had been out for 7+ years by the time Games with Gold started, this they had a wide library of games to choose from for free. Xbox One started shortly after it's release and all of the games for Xbox One (except for launch day games) are still fairly recent to the market. Comparing how long the Xbox One has been out, there is not much to choose from to give away for free.

Xbox one gets terrible game compared to 360. Share the love microsoft.

Thats because the X1 doesn't have the huge library of games that the 360 has

Plus Child Of Light is an AMAZING game. One of my favorite JRPG esque games from last year. Heck since its free on Xbox One I might even replay it. 

Pool Nation looks interesting. I love playing me some Pool in real life so lets see if this video game adaptation is any good. 

The Xbox One hasn't been out very long plus the PS4 also has a larger library of games compared to the Xbox One.

Plus a "good" game is purely objective. Child Of Light is a fantastic game in my opinion while other people might disagree. Your definition of good game is going to differ from what everyone else thinks. In my opinion Microsoft did a great job having Child Of Light free this month(it came out last year in April too I believe)

It's good team see some grade A titles coming to Games with Gold for Xbox 360! I've always wanted to play the latest Army of TWO because I loved the first one and have kept up since. It's too bad there are no oldish games that One can come out with for free yet. Maybe some of the launch titles will be available at the end of this year. Thanks for bringing us Games with Gold again Adam.

Well these games aren't really pulling in profits so they give them free. What do you want? Battlefield Hardline to go free or something?

Ew, Hardline... No, that's completely unlikely and there was no point in suggesting it.

Consider this, Xbox 360 had been out for 7+ years by the time Games with Gold started, this they had a wide library of games to choose from for free. Xbox One started shortly after it's release and all of the games for Xbox One (except for launch day games) are still fairly recent to the market. Comparing how long the Xbox One has been out, there is not much to choose from to give away for free.

I clearly compared to Sony with the PS4, and how the money from Gold adds up. I wouldn't state something that could be countered so simply.

The Xbox One hasn't been out very long plus the PS4 also has a larger library of games compared to the Xbox One.

Plus a "good" game is purely objective. Child Of Light is a fantastic game in my opinion while other people might disagree. Your definition of good game is going to differ from what everyone else thinks. In my opinion Microsoft did a great job having Child Of Light free this month(it came out last year in April too I believe)

The PS4 hasn't been out for much longer either, but Sony still tend to supply their gamers with free games that please a wider audience. 'that please a wider audience' is what I meant by saying 'good', I didn't mean that any game I don't take interest in is bad. Compared to Sony, Microsoft haven't been as pleasing overall (Edit:) with free games for the newer generation consoles.

Edited by UNSC Spartan II

• 3 weeks later...