Batman: Arkham City and Asylum Coming to Xbox One and PS4

The dynamic last generation duo Batman: Arkham City and Batman: Arkham Asylum will be coming to next gen in a remastering.

If you haven't been keeping up with all of your batman news, from the next delay for Arkham Knight to the Batgirl cover controversy, this may have slipped you by. GameSpot.com reports that inside sources confirm a remaster for the original award winning games Batman: Arkham Asylum and City. They are due a few months after Knight's release in Christmas, and will come to PS4 and Xbox One. It is unknown if the games will be getting a simple HD makeover or if assets will be updated, which may be possible for Asylum but unlikely for City. Strangely, Origins isn't being ported, despite a positive-mixed set of reviews. Warner Bros. has since refused to speak on the matter further besides the details we were given. This includes the total price of both games and whether they will be in a dual-package like Borderlands: The Handsome Collection. Arkham Knight is set to release this June 23rd, and will be available on all current gen consoles and PC only. 

post-26953-0-51203400-1427163675_thumb.png

While I'm getting kind of tired of all these remastered games on current gen consoles filling up our game libraries again, I'm still very excited for this because I never played Asylum and City, I was waiting for something like this to come around. What's your opinion on the remaster, will you buy the games again? Let me know down below! Thanks a ton for reading.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

Ok seriously these are the BEST comic book games ever made. THE BEST. The voices are the originals from the animated series of the 90s and the graphics are great with easy controls and compelling story lines. Arkham City is the better of the two with lots of side missions including different villains from the Batman universe and just an all around better story and more features. This is a great time to get into these games if you've ever been curious.

Personally I won't be buying the remastered editions however because I 100%ed Asylum and City. Yea I did New Game Plus and I Am The Night for them along with Riddler Challenges for all the DLCs and got all the trophies without cheating. Ah the memories.

• Like 1

Perhaps re-mastering promotes laziness, and demotes the idea of releasing something new, but as long as it's something I like enough to buy twice then I'm buying it. Especially (for me) if it's a co-op Multiplayer game. I see how you may think it dilutes the library, as it just becomes rerun after rerun, but I just don't feel that way.

For newer generations of gamers, you know some kids who will have their fist console be in this generation, it opens them up to a past series they could have otherwise missed out on. Or one that is currently running yet they didn't play the past games and aren't going to buy an old console just to experience past iterations. They may not add anything new, but they don't take away from anything either. They're just there, and there's not too much to mind.

We're also in a year where many hyped up NEW games are coming out, so New is coming. Just slowly, and the stopgap has been re-masters. GOOD new Arcade or Indie games (Example: Deadliest Warrior 2. Twas a God of a game to me, even though it was so awful it provided so many hours of laughter) could have been better stopgaps, but I don't mind too much.

• Like 1