#Hunt The Truth Thoughts

depressant

So many if not all of us have seen the new teaser trailer, #Hunt The Truth. On the bullet it says "Traitor",probably referring to Chief as the bullet shatters his helmet. I think whoever is "shooting" the sniper is either Locke or representing ONI, as their trying to hunt him down. I don't think Chief will die in H5G, I think they're just referring that Locke is trying to "Hunt The Truth".

• 4 weeks later...

Ok so an update on what's going on in Hunt the Truth:

0150020e6f5c33d4991d25d2ea3c923b.jpg

Above is a large beautiful image of what appears to be a poster for Halo 5: Guardians as part of the Hunt the Truth mini-campaign going on from the 25th-28th. 

In the image we see Locke and Chief face to face in the foreground with them and their teams on the other's side. John and Blue Team are under Locke on the left and Team Locke is located under John on the right. In order from left to right we see Linda, John, Kelly and Fred. Locke's team is still up for official confirmation of its members. We see Jameson Locke next to last from the right but there on the end we see a certain Spartan IV with ODST (confirmed not to be Nightfall) helmet. He wears a combat knife on his chest and it is all but officially confirmed that this is the new Spartan IV Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck. The Spartan in red is clearly a female and presumed to be Holly Tanaka based on her recent appearance and focus in Escalation but it is also speculated to be Macer from Nightfall. Lastly on the left for Locke's team is assumed to be Kojo "Romeo" Agu also a former ODST with Buck. 

In the center of the image it is all but confirmed to be Sangheilios in the backdrop, specifically Vadam Keep - home of the Arbiter Thel Vadam. Looming over the city is possibly a Seeker but I believe it to be a Guardian Sentinel thus giving more meaning to the name "Halo 5: Guardians." 

Will update with interesting things to note.

• Like 1

The way this campaign is shaping up, it really makes me wonder what Arbiter's role will be when we reach the end of the campaign.

Also one of Locke's team has ODST type armor on. So that could be Buck, but Idk about Romeo.

Idk. Why would Buck be wearing ODST armor?

If you watched the scenes, alongside Locke is four other spartans. All in the same armor has him. Their visors are different. Yet, Buck is on Locke's team. So that is definitely not Buck, unless if it's a reference to the fact Buck was an ODST before becoming a Spartan.

Do you think there's a reason to why those spots are whited out? Because if that's just a poster, then why's it matter?

There are white spaces because not all of the images have been released or found yet online

The way this campaign is shaping up, it really makes me wonder what Arbiter's role will be when we reach the end of the campaign.

Also one of Locke's team has ODST type armor on. So that could be Buck, but Idk about Romeo.

. We see Jameson Locke next to last from the right but there on the end we see a certain Spartan IV with ODST (confirmed not to be Nightfall) helmet. He wears a combat knife on his chest and it is all but officially confirmed that this is the new Spartan IV Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck. 

Is this possible confirmation then planet Chief was on in the E3 trailer was the Elites home world? ( I'm not going to try and spell the actual name ) :)

Because it all sort of fits..... Elite home world, big bird thing and desert......

Or perhaps Chief discovered it on the ark and the Didact controls it and make it destroy the Elite home world?

Or Mendicant bias is involved somehow......

The theories are endless!

Edited by Caboose The Ace

It's cool, but I want to see soemthing new. We haven't had any new information yet and it's really frustrating.

Even Castellaneta being a beach resort was mentioned in New Blood, as was Ben in SSONM, ONI Chawla Base from ilovebees (alongside chatter net) and Sully being from FuD.

It's cool but I want to get info we haven't seen yet. Tht said, the meta between Ben and ONI is pretty good.

Is this possible confirmation then planet Chief was on in the E3 trailer was the Elites home world? ( I'm not going to try and spell the actual name ) :)

Because it all sort of fits..... Elite home world, big bird thing and desert......

Or perhaps Chief discovered it on the ark and the Didact controls it and make it destroy the Elite home world?

Or Mendicant bias is involved somehow......

The theories are endless!

A) Sanghelios

B) It's almost certainly the Ark. We've seen Sanghelios in at least three depictions now; concept art, E3 MCC trailer and potentially the H2A bookends. The desert is more orange whereas the E3/ New poster is white, fine sand. Like ash- the desert looks cold like the one in Antarctica as opposed to Sanghelios being an Earthlike planet.

Plus Sanghelios' sky has a red hue. E3 didn't.

Just throwing this out there. 8-player campaign.

Not really. John and Locke won't be with each other for the majority, if at all. You'll be spending more time playing as Locke than John.

There are white spaces because not all of the images have been released or found yet online

Romeo is one of the two ODST guys still alive/ in service. One retired, one is a traitor and one is dead. Romeo and Buck will likely have a close bond and I can't imagine them separating squads like that.

Alright ya rapscallions, some developments in the Hunt the Truth campaign: 

Above is what seems like the normal 2015 preview trailer but is actually interrupted by glitches.

Here are relevant screens taken from the video: http://imgur.com/a/fLu9L

The binary captured leads to the site huntthesignal.com which can only be viewed from mobile :D

The site shows a countdown that ends May 4th at 8PM by my calculations. Someone do a check for me though.

Happy sleuthing hunters.

// typing. var copy = []; var copyCount = 0; var copyPause = "^5000"; var startPause = "^2500"; copy[0] = startPause + "Jerrod: I can spin through a hundred-thousand cycles in the time it takes you to rename an access drive. You’ve got no chance against me."+copyPause; copy[1] = startPause + "Jerrod: I’ve made ‘impenetrable’ firewalls crumble in but moments, I can do the same to your efforts."+copyPause; copy[2] = startPause + "Jerrod: You are but a fragment of my abilities."+copyPause; copy[3] = startPause + "Jerrod: You are a splinter, a nuisance… nothing more."+copyPause; copy[4] = startPause + "Jerrod: You can probe all you want, like a mouse against castle gates. You will accomplish nothing."+copyPause; copy[5] = startPause + "Jerrod: You think you can get past me? I didn’t know rampancy was possible for such a simple construct."+copyPause; copy[6] = startPause + "Jerrod: I have built worlds in my mind. You can barely assemble words."+copyPause; copy[7] = startPause + "Jerrod: Your cyber-intrusion technique is pitiable."+copyPause; copy[8] = startPause + "Jerrod: I can unravel the puzzles of the ancient and the lost. You lost before you even began."+copyPause; copy[9] = startPause + "Jerrod: You will forever remain in my shadow."+copyPause; copy[10] = startPause + "Jerrod: Are you still working on my simple puzzle? I barely noticed."+copyPause;

This was found in the coding of the page and a member named CIA posted it over on HaloArchive. Here's a little bit of info on Jerrod to jog your memory of him: http://www.halopedia.org/Jerrod

With the recent development in Hunt the Truth I thought I'd gather some theories that have been formed so far and put them here as food for thought and get this week's discussion started. This week we heard voices from a the community as messages to Ben but nothing really important. They did a good job though. We got to hear Petra being a badass and almost shooting Benjamin's face off, Ray cowering in fear, and some good comedy from Mishak. But none of that compares to the great introduction of the mysterious character codenamed Pharaoh. Pharaoh is the contact of Mishak who gave him information on Walker's flight to hack ONI and redirect Ben onto it thus disproving the theory that Sully had previously planned that mishap. A noteworthy mention is that Pharaoh is a woman as stated by Mishak. The leading theory is this:

Dr. Halsey goes by the codename Pharaoh in order to help Ben uncover the truth behind her Spartan project. Here's an awesome connection put together by Chronarch over at HaloArchive:

I'm convinced Pharaoh is Halsey.

Hatshepsut was a female Pharaoh, regarded as one of the most successful, and following her death an attempt was made to remove her from historical record. Y'know, kind of like Halsey being declared dead during the battle of Reach in 2552, and the fact that HUNTtheTRUTH is all about fabricated history...

Another key part of this episode comes from the audio heard at the end. The team over at Section 3 was able to use some software (Audacity to record, Spek to see the illuminations corresponding to the soundwaves) to create this image here:

hunt-the-truth-006.png

Notice that it points to the Ford video website stolengauntlet.com thus confirming that it was a real video. 

On top of that, if you link this image with the fact that the Ford video also shows stolengauntlet.com in it and take a look at the uploader, you'll see Shar Eldy.

Shar Eldy is an anagram for Dr. Halsey. This brings us back to our circle of evidence that Halsey may very well be Pharaoh.

Only questions I have is how are they communicating? If she were in human-controlled space wouldn't someone know? Can she beam this transmission to him with something she found using the Janus Key?

Edit: Another connection made by HaloArchive's Reiku - Shar Eldy (Dr. Halsey anagram) is responsible for posting the Ford video displaying stolengauntlet.com. Stolengauntlet.com is related to HunttheSignal which is related to HunttheTruth which brings us back to Pharaoh. What is Halsey missing?? Her arm therefore she wouldn't need a gauntlet there. Stolen... Gauntlet... 

What if the person interrogating Halsey in the Halo 4 prologue turns out to be Ben?

Or at least has something to do with him?

This is an interesting idea that EK told me about as well and I thought it was a possibility. I think it'd be an excellent tie into the story. The biggest problem is that Halsey was declared dead to the public as of the glassing of Reach in 2552 so ONI would most likely not let a civilian journalist who does jobs for them meet her.

Ben has only recently got back into journalism after the events of Halo 4 ( if I interpreted the conversation in Hunt the truth part four correctly )

And the conversation between Halsey and the mysterious man was before Halo 4....

Along with Dan's point its pretty clear it wasn't Ben. :)

In regards to relating Hunt the Truth to Halo 5: Guardians on a larger scale, here's a nice connection made by Chronarch of the HaloArchive:

Thel ‘Vadam: “I tell you this not because I trust you, Agent Locke… but because all our lives are at stake.

Fero: “And we’re not sure we have that much time, not with what’s coming. […] The anomalies in deep space your friend Mishauk has been tracking. We don’t know what it is yet, but it’s getting stronger. Pieces are moving out there, and we have to move faster. […] The public needs to hear a simple message: that we all might be about to die.

There's only one problem with this I can see -- it's not Pharaoh, it's FERO. This is an anagram of some kind, although it may be a reference to the Egyptian Pharaohs, I don't believe so. I believe that whoever is behind FERO cares nothing about actually finding the truth, she just wants the Spartan-IIs dead. Because the only possible outcome of revealing the background of the Spartans is to have them targeted. You heard how Ben was talking about them at the end of the last episode -- he didn't consider them human. To save face after public exposure, ONI will likely go along with the public opinion of "kill the spartans" and send Locke's team after the Master Chief.

• Like 2

There's only one problem with this I can see -- it's not Pharaoh, it's FERO. This is an anagram of some kind, although it may be a reference to the Egyptian Pharaohs, I don't believe so. I believe that whoever is behind FERO cares nothing about actually finding the truth, she just wants the Spartan-IIs dead. Because the only possible outcome of revealing the background of the Spartans is to have them targeted. You heard how Ben was talking about them at the end of the last episode -- he didn't consider them human. To save face after public exposure, ONI will likely go along with the public opinion of "kill the spartans" and send Locke's team after the Master Chief.

Yep. I'm pretty sure FERO is Serin Osman.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking it was Osman as well for the last couple episodes until I had an epiphany...this ones for all you old schoolers, halo vets. What if FERO is actually AI Melissa, remember Derga? She was getting close to rampancy after she landed on Jerseys lap, && he told her that he "takes care of his own too". Even if its not...it would have made for a hell of a plot twist.

So last episode, 9 to be exact, The (expletive) hit the fan.

Ben revealed his story to everyone, Mishak is more than likely KIA, FERO is still an unknown identity and true purpose, the Outer Colonies went completely dark, literally. Ben also has his Bank account reduced to a big fat 0

There's just so much coming out of this Hunt the Truth series coupled along with other plot points after Halo 4, it really makes me wonder how well 343i can tie every bit of it together. Not saying they have to do all of it, but this campaign is going to have to be pretty damn long to sedate the amount of lore we have recieved... AND ARE STILL RECEIVING!