Halo 5: Guardians #HuntTheTruth Teaser Released!

A new trailer was revealed showcasing what was behind the #HuntTheTruth ad campaign and further increasing our confusion and hype!

Credits to Self Destruct, Church, and everyone else who helped mine this out as well as P34nut for the first article on Hunt the Truth. On the Tumblr.com link to Hunt the Truth, an ad campaign for Halo 5, people were able to fish out a 15 second video showing someone using a UNSC class Sniper with an oddly shaped penetration bullet to blow away Master Chief's visor and destroy his helmet. On the bullet, things are inscribed, but no one has deciphered them yet, though Church claims the word 'Truth' is on there, so it's possible that it says 'Hunt the Truth'. A tiny burst of the classic Halo monk chant plays ominously as it ends with an Xbox One logo. As far as who is betraying the Chief and attempting to kill him, we are currently unsure, but Locke and his squad (rumored: Buck, Romeo, and Macer) seem unlikely as Locke has stated his goal is to "find out what they are" in reference to his motives for leaving, and Buck and Romeo are both unlikely candidates for betrayal following the events of New Blood. More details are likely to come in the future, but this is leading to a very interesting set of teases following the recent teaser of Locke jumping out of a Pelican on a sandy planet like the elite homeworld. 

post-26953-0-94654600-1426907754_thumb.png

This is really interesting so far, I'm excited to see where 343i takes this traitor storyline. With all these betrayals to the UNSC from previous operatives, I wonder what sort of Civil War will erupt from this. What do you think of this tease? What are your thoughts on the future? Lemme know below! Thanks for reading!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 7

why does this bullet have a wadding following it when it comes out of the barrel? did i miss something? 

it is not needing a sabot. why did 343 do this? Only shotgun rounds and oddly shaped rounds need sabots/wadding

then another thing, if you shot a round with a wadding like the one pictured it would travel farther than just drop off like it does in the trailer. 

I am just pointing this out, i know this is a trailer so it could have some cinematic value. But was it really necessary?

This is a sabot being used on an oddly shaped round from the halo sniper rifle. common but with noticable odd shape. 

post-70945-0-85124500-1426990140.png

and here is the round shot from the sniper in the trailer, notice classic bullet shape. 

post-70945-0-19158900-1426990877_thumb.jpg

a wadding or sabot would not be necessary in this case due to the bullet shape, as it is a standard round. 

• Like 1

Well, if you ask me this is the kind of story I love and totally the actions an Intelligence Agency and the military would do.

Gosh, the story of the game has evolved so much.

(I actually used the word totally.)