Banned From Waypoint Forums? New Here.

Johnjr08

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I know this isn't an "official" 343i forum, just a fan made community (correct me if I'm wrong), but I was apparently banned from the official Waypoint forums, and I'm not sure why...

I am unable to post anything and unable to make any topics on there, the buttons to create new posts aren't there anymore. When I look at my Waypoint profile (click here to see my profile), it says this:

USER HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL 10/29/2552 5:00 PM PST DUE TO OTHER

So I took a look at the Halo Waypoint Forum Ban FAQ topic (here) and it says when you get banned:

...you will be greeted by a message explaining that your account has been suspended. You will also notice that you have a new private message from one of our moderators, explaining the details of your ban.

I was never "greeted" with the message they're talking about, and I don't have a message from a moderator saying why I was banned. I also never got an email or anything from them so I really have no clue whatsoever why I was banned, and like I said above, on my Waypoint profile it says I was suspended due to "other" until the year 2552 (Wtf? lol).

Anyone here have any experiences like this? Has anyone here ever been unbanned from Waypoint?

I would appreciate any advice. I'll stick around here though (I just found this forum). This forum seems a bit more mature and level-headed compared to the people on Waypoint anyways lol.

Thanks!

• Like 8

Whelp, another case of ban-happy mods from the Waypoint forums. Don't feel bad; a LOT of people have experienced something similar.

However, here at the 343iCF, we have mods that aren't as ban-happy (but they are practical jokers), and a community that at least tries to get along with each other. You're welcome to stay if you'd like, we could always use another active member!

Cheesy greeting aside, I've never been to the Waypoint forums (too scary), so I wouldn't know anything about ban messages or codes. Plus, the "2552" is just another reference to Halo, albeit a grim and nonsensical reason to ban someone.

Well, hope you enjoy your stay :)

• Like 4

Whelp, another case of ban-happy mods from the Waypoint forums. Don't feel bad; a LOT of people have experienced something similar.

However, here at the 343iCF, we have mods that aren't as ban-happy (but they are practical jokers), and a community that at least tries to get along with each other. You're welcome to stay if you'd like, we could always use another active member!

Cheesy greeting aside, I've never been to the Waypoint forums (too scary), so I wouldn't know anything about ban messages or codes. Plus, the "2552" is just another reference to Halo, albeit a grim and nonsensical reason to ban someone.

Well, hope you enjoy your stay :)

Yeah, like I said before I'll probably stick around here even if I do get unbanned on Waypoint. People here seem a lot more mature and level headed. The people on Waypoint just argue with eachother over literally everything, and if you don't agree with the popular opinion they just call you stupid and kick you to the curb (not just the moderators, but the Waypoint forums community as a whole).

I know the 2552 is just a Halo reference, but its just kinda odd that it doesn't just say its permanent. Instead they banned be for 500 years lol.

Do the moderators on Waypoint just ban people for disagreeing with their opinion? Because I could easily see that happening.

Glad to know you know we're a Community Forum. Lol. You are correct on this not being an Official Forum. However your case just seems that you have been banned for an unpopular opinion. That or the fact they were wanting to ban someone, but didn't know who.  So you were the victim.

Hope to see you around more often, this forum is a lot of fun. Especially with events and playdates to attend. As well as posting problems and getting help from others to figure them out. We all don't just play Halo, there are some of us who play other games as well. You might just get lucky. 

Hope you stay for awhile like some of us have!

• Like 1

My god... Someone who knows this forum isn't the official one?! The prophecies are true! The chosen one has arrived! REJOICE MY BRETHEREN!!!

On a more serious note, bummer that the mods on Waypoint were trigger happy again. You weren't the first and most certainly won't be the last.

Enjoy your times on this forum though. Our mods send warnings first ;)

• Like 4

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, especially the ones saying I'm the chosen one for knowing this community isn't "official"  :awesome:

I do have one question about this community though. Does this forum allow swearing/cursing? The profanity filter on waypoint always annoyed me to no end lol.

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, especially the ones saying I'm the chosen one for knowing this community isn't "official"  :awesome:

I do have one question about this community though. Does this forum allow swearing/cursing? The profanity filter on waypoint always annoyed me to no end lol.

Nope, no swearing or cursing here and I don't advise trying to circumnavigate the filter. But you can a lot of fun here without swearing :D

It's okay man. We're literally so much better than Waypoint. Topics don't get shoved under the carpet as easily because we have a smaller, crowd, but our crowd is still large enough that we should be proud. Occasionally, we have some people thinking we ARE 343i, coming in and flaming about how Halo 4 sucked and whatever. That's besides the point. Stick around, and post and enjoy. Don't leave after 5 posts like most people do. lol xD

• Like 3

It's okay man. We're literally so much better than Waypoint. Topics don't get shoved under the carpet as easily because we have a smaller, crowd, but our crowd is still large enough that we should be proud. Occasionally, we have some people thinking we ARE 343i, coming in and flaming about how Halo 4 sucked and whatever. That's besides the point. Stick around, and post and enjoy. Don't leave after 5 posts like most people do. lol xD

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna stick around here lol. If this same thread was on Waypoint it would have already somehow turned into an argument over whether the MCC launch problems were 343i's or Microsoft's fault. Then I would be flamed ( and possibly banned XD ) for being the neutral party saying it was both hahaha.

Seems like almost every thread on waypoint turns into an argument like that, or the classic sprint argument. It gets really old after all of my topics get so incredibly derailed every time.

• Like 1

I went to your Waypoint profile to see what was the matter, I can conclude that your ban was not without reason. Alot of your posts have been either hidden or removed due to swearing and such.

As long as you don't do the same here you'll be fine though, clean slate :)

• Like 1

I went to your Waypoint profile to see what was the matter, I can conclude that your ban was not without reason. Alot of your posts have been either hidden or removed due to swearing and such.

As long as you don't do the same here you'll be fine though, clean slate :)

I may have tried to get around their profanity filter a few times, but I never got any kind of warning or message about it.

That, and I don't really think a permanent ban is really necessary for just swearing a few times especially without warning. Lets say hypothetically, they sent me a message warning be about it, and lets say I still didn't stop after a warning, then a ban would be in order. My situation is a huge overreaction in my opinion.

I never got any warning, and I never got a 24 hour ban or a 7 day ban, it was just BAM! All the sudden perma-banned ( or banned until the year 2552 at least XD ).

Meh, I don't really care much anyways. This community is much better in many aspects. The power hungry/ban happy mod who banned me can suck it. Hope his ban-hammer disappears one day when the admins realize he's an idiot.

The Waypoint mods are REALLY  unforgiving yeah, I've heard more stories about people being perma-banned without any warning whatsoever. I just a few minutes ago found an account that had been perma-banned and all he did was react angrily towards someone that was insulting him big time.

Geuss it just aint their style.

• Like 2

Did I ever tell you that I got banned over here on my first day? I, as the retard I was decided to copy the whole page and then paste it into the shoutbox. I got warned but did it like 3 more times. Ahhh the stupidity. lol :) BTW For the swearing, just use the ":" and then type "censored" and then ":" for this emote ":censored:". Put it in place of where you swore to show your frustration without annoying anyone else. Yeah, I know it might sound kind of like we're being a little too sensitive, but part of maturity is to not be profane with others. If you type in a swear every once in a while, it'll star out but you won't get in trouble because our mods understand that we're humans. But don't be doing it every day. If you rarely do it, they'll let you go. :)

Hey welcome to the forums pal, to be honest it doesn't surprise me that one of their mindless ban-hammer swinging monkeys banned you. There's been so many ex-members of the official forum come here and complain about exactly the same thing :rofl:.

Also really 2552?! They banned you literally until when Halo is set :thumbsup:.

• 9 months later...

sadly i also got banned......but you see i was new to the website and i found this forum post (that was on top of the listing) it was saying about an easy ranking up system which i later on learnt to be ranking me up every time i made a comment on a post, so i commented about 52 times (because everyone else had hundreds of comments under their names so i joined in) but when i went to go on my account the next day it said: "USER HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL 10/29/2552 5:00 PM PST DUE TO CREATING SPAM, OFF-TOPIC, OR DUPLICATE POSTS"

if it was so bad then why was it on the top of the most popular forums? why didn't they warn me? why didn't they just tell me what i shouldn't be doing?

Also, your first mistake.... was signing up for Waypoint. :awesome:

First mistake: last mistake.

High-ho, welcome to a magical place where dissing Waypoint is a common occurrence, and hating on any Halo game - preferably the newest one - is even MORE widespread.

I bet Bravo on r/halo or twitter might be able to fix your problem if you ask him about it. Though I suggest you stop trying to break the rules.

Edited by Self Destruct

Hey all..im not new here, though ive not been active for a long time. I actually kinda forgot that i signed up here.  In search of a Halo community that i could try and gather a few like minded gamers that will join my "Spartan Company" Halo waypoint seemed to be the go to...however, after signing up, creating a company, and posting in the PRIVATE COMPANY FORUM a greeting for any new recruits to this new Company i am trying to put together...i have been banned. All i did was post..."Hey guys! Welcome to Slightly Dangerous SDC, thank you for joining and please read the Company Bio for info on us."   Some how this resulted in a ban...WOW....Just...WOW. Ithink this has GOT to be THE worst Halo Community EVER. Anyway....I just wanted to add this little side note.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum. I know this isn't an "official" 343i forum, just a fan made community (correct me if I'm wrong), but I was apparently banned from the official Waypoint forums, and I'm not sure why...

I am unable to post anything and unable to make any topics on there, the buttons to create new posts aren't there anymore. When I look at my Waypoint profile (click here to see my profile), it says this:

So I took a look at the Halo Waypoint Forum Ban FAQ topic (here) and it says when you get banned:

I was never "greeted" with the message they're talking about, and I don't have a message from a moderator saying why I was banned. I also never got an email or anything from them so I really have no clue whatsoever why I was banned, and like I said above, on my Waypoint profile it says I was suspended due to "other" until the year 2552 (Wtf? lol).

Anyone here have any experiences like this? Has anyone here ever been unbanned from Waypoint?

I would appreciate any advice. I'll stick around here though (I just found this forum). This forum seems a bit more mature and level-headed compared to the people on Waypoint anyways lol.

Thanks!

Yea iv been perma banned I made a split screen and other type of topics forum and stated please do not take this as a separate split screen post its just me stating my reasons for not having an issue with it being gone and some other topics as well.... I got banned for spamming and basically making my own split screen post but some guy was rude and un productive with his post to my post and he is still an active member of waypoint... to me I feel like the moderator had it out for me he always locked all my topics I tend to say things around the lines of how I liked the new halo movement and was not a fan of halo 2 because it felt outdated for me but that was solely an opinion yet I got locked for making such threads yea so waypoint is essentially an over zealous amount of ban happy go getters who have a favoritism of topics and wont allow certain topics to gain traction if its not within there likes.