Xúr Agent of the Nine! Week 27

Akali

Hey guys, welcome to the inventory of Xúr, the agent of the nine, Yang edition! :3

Xúr can be found near the Vanguard masters in the Hall of Guardians. I didn't expect him to have something too good however, I was deceived...

Xúr has some helpful items, some good item and a jar to collect Hunter tears with, at least for me anyway. So without further a do, lets get to what Xúr has for us this week.

He has...

Titan - An Insurmountable Skullfort (Helmet)

96a1d50529b001fbfc66430fabec3ae4.png?142

Perks:

Infusion - This replenishes health each time you pick up an orb of light.

This is really useful for the Crota's End raid, especially on hard mode where there is no chalice of light to heal you however, with perks like this, there isn't that much of a use for them when you're playing solo.

Impact Induction - Causing Damage with a meele reduces your grenade cooldown.

If you are a fan of your grenades, this perk is good for you. When I have this perk, it is noticeable and it can be very useful for both solo players, strikes and raids.

Exotic Perk, Improved Transfusion - Kills with Storm Fist immediately trigger health regeneration. You also respawn with full meele energy.

The exotic perk is really useful in tight situations, it's similar to the Red Death perk of health regeneration, it is useful and noticeable.

The meele energy part of the perk is useful for PvP titans however I would chose the MK 44 Stand Aside boots over the Skullfort.

My rating - I would give the helmet an 8/10 for Striker Titans, I wouldn't spend your Strange Coins on this helmet if you're a Defender unless you want to start a Striker Titan.

Hunter - Knucklehead Radar (Helmet)

Knucklehead_radar_icon1.jpg

Perks:

Light the Blade - Causing damage with a grenade reduces your meele cooldown.

I don't usually see this perk as 'useful'. If you're a Gunslinger, the throwing knife isn't exactly that useful, it may be useful for Blade Dancers with their Blink Strike with the Escape Artist perk however I don't like this perk

Inverse Shadow - Increased super energy gained from killing minions of the darkness.

I cannot see a change in the amount of super energy I get when kill the minions of the darkness. I just don't like this perk in general.

Exotic Perk, Sensor Pack - Radar remains visible while aiming Primary Weapons.

This perk is useful for PvP (Xúr really wants to help guardians kill each other...) and not so useful in PvE. Personally, I'd prefer this perk if it was for all weapons since this perk can be cancelled out by a basic legendary gun, this perk isn't exactly unique.

My rating - I'd give it a 4/10. It gets a four because it does some use for some guardians. Since I don't do PvP that much, this helmet isn't that useful for me.

Warlock - Claws of Ahamkara (Gauntlets)

claws-of-ahamkara.png

THESE REQUIRE THE DLC IF YOU WANT TO BUY THEM!

Perks:

Special Weapon Loader - Increases the reload speed of all special weapons.

This perk, in my perspective, is only useful if your special weapon has a slow reload. It makes the reload faster which increases the flow of combat and can help out in rough situations. It isn't that useful with weapons that have a very quick reload speed.

Snap Discharge - Increases melee attack speed.

This perk isn't really that useful since I have three things called a gun, meele is only useful for the first set of levels or for a quick finisher. In the later levels, melee becomes less useful so I'm not keen on this perk.

Exotic Perk, The Whispers - Gain an additional charge for scorch and energy drain.

This can actually be quite useful. The Sunsingers can have an extra overshield and the Voidwalkers can have another life drain effect. This is useful for both subclasses and I like that.

My rating - I would give it a 7/10. It is useful for both classes and it has a good design however, 

And now... The weapon

581682.jpg

When I saw Xúr selling this, I could only smile and think to myself "Xúr has made me happy this week!" 

The Red Death is a gun that I have wanted for a LONG time, I wanted it only for the Exotic Perk that it has.

Perks:

Unflinching - It's easier to aim under fire using this weapon.

This... Isn't really noticeable for me, I used this perk back when I was a level 10 and I didn't notice anything. I would've preferred another perk over this however it is a pulse rifle, it sort of needs to hit them criticals.

Exotic Perk, Red Death - Each kill heals you and speeds up reloads.

This perk... :drool:

The Red Death perk isn't like the Suros Regime, the health regen is similar to the Suros but it outclasses the health regen of the Suros by making it EVERY kill rather than random (finally, something that isn't based on RNG).

The Reload speed is also nice.

My rating - I would give it an 8/10. It is a very useful gun however, it doesn't really do too much damage and it only has 27 bullets with no ammo increase perk like Field Scout; making it only have 9 shots. The design of the gun is also really cool, it even has a little knife at the barrel!

The exotic engram is a helmet engram

helmet.png

And now, the exotic upgrades. Remember you need the item, an exotic shard (received from either buying it from Xúr for 7 Strange Coins or by dismantling an exotic weapon/armour) and a butt load of glimmer.

Armour:

Hunter - Mask of the Third Man and Lucky Raspberry

Titan - Helm of Saint-14 and Helm of Inmost Light

Warlock - Light Beyond Nemesis and Sunbreakers

Weapons:

Hardlight, Red Death, Universal Remote, Plan C, Patience and Time and the Truth.

Xúr also has HEAVY AMMO SYNTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hopefully this helped you. I give Xúr's inventory a 8/10!

Thank you for reading all of this! :D

Edited by Yang Xiao Long
  • Like 4

I have an issue in your comparison between Suros and Red Death.

Red Death provides healing after a kill. Suros on the other hand has a chance to heal with each round on the bottom half of the magazine. That provides tons of chances to heal, with out even needing to kill anything.

That is the difference between their two abilities. Thought I would make that clear for you.

I have an issue in your comparison between Suros and Red Death.

Red Death provides healing after a kill. Suros on the other hand has a chance to heal with each round on the bottom half of the magazine. That provides tons of chances to heal, with out even needing to kill anything.

That is the difference between their two abilities. Thought I would make that clear for you.

The thing about Red Death is that it's a confirmed heal, while SUROS has a horrible percentage chance of regenerating any health. I've been relying on SUROS as my only source of health regen for Hard Crota, and the amount of clips I have to go through to get any health back is insane. I usually average around 4 clips to get health regeneration start, while Red Death needs one kill of anything, and since there are tonnes of Thralls at the end it's a far better choice of weapon to use if you have both.

That being said, using armour that regenerates health is the most ideal option to take advantage of.

• 2 weeks later...