Halo 3: ODST and Relic Remake Images Revealed!

Although the Relic image doesn't show all that much, the skybox still looks awesome.

Halo 3 looks like I remember it, gotta wait until I can feel the sweet 60fps myself.

Great article Vin! :thumbup:

So Danny boy came out of hiding. This is probably the most ideal moment for him to do so with all the good news being released recently. If he had shown up a few months earlier then I believe he would've been flooded by hate mail (I'm sure he still gets it, but not as much as before).

Good article bruv.

Relic is going to be great when it's remade. Relic is really good for Snipers but it's terribly ugly. The remake will probably improve on gameplay as well as looks. I don't expect 343 to leave it as a map that only plays Snipers. ODST brings back those feels man. Thanks for the news EK.

ODST doesn't need a remake nor does it need any visual improvements.  the jump from 30fps to 60fps is nothing to get all excited about.  in terms of actual play, everyone seems to exaggerate or lie about how they see such a huge difference.  I see no difference at all when going from Xbox 360 to PC for Halo 1 and Halo 2 and both PC versions run natively at 60fps.

That being said, ODST looks better than half the Halo 4 environments, and the lighting is much better.  As for the Relic skybox...eh.  I've seen better skyboxes created in CE.  I don't know.....343i just doesn't seem to have the same passion or artistic prowess that I guess i would have expected after helping with Reach, doing Halo 4.  I hate to say it, but the same magic Bungie had, is simply just not there with 343i.

And please don't give me the old tired lame "most of 343i is Bungie" excuse, because it's bullcrap.  A mere 20% of the overall hired and developed team of 343i is comprised of actual noteworthy and mildly talented Bungie members.  If these so called "uber elite" Bungie members were all that good, Bungie wouldn't have let them leave.  And yes, they would have had to either cancelled their contract or didn't renew it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So do I considering the reason that not everyone else is getting it is because they don't want to publicise the fact that it had been broken since way before Christmas to the people who were lied to and lured in before Christmas who still also didn't have a functioning game for 3 whole months :/. I just don't think giving it to only people who bought the game before Christmas is at all fine or justifiable but oh well, I guess we just have to be happy and thankful that they're giving us anything free at all :).

So do I considering the reason that not everyone else is getting it is because they don't want to publicise the fact that it had been broken since way before Christmas to the people who were lied to and lured in before Christmas who still also didn't have a functioning game for 3 whole months :/. I just don't think giving it to only people who bought the game before Christmas is at all fine or justifiable but oh well, I guess we just have to be happy and thankful that they're giving us anything free at all :).

The reason behind this is that while it was still broken, it wasn't as horrible as it was at launch. People had been looking forward to buying this game from release and pre-ordered it only to find out it appeared to be broken. This is an apology to those people who were loyally buying the game in its launch period

Everyone who bought this after the set date could've and maybe even should've known that the game was still broken when they bought it. I mean if they had been paying any attention they had known about the issues. And if they DID know they're just plain silly...

There might be exceptions to this situation and I really feel for these people but do realise that if through whining and complaining 343i gave in and set the bar some other date that people beyond that date would start feeling even more excluded and would start whining and complaining even more. And so on, and so on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...