"Titanfall 2" is in development

"Titanfall 2" is in development

titanfall2.jpg

Respawn Entertainments CEO, Vince Zampella, confirms that a sequel for Titanfall is in development in an interview by IGN.

After EA had announced that there would be a sequel to the popular game Titanfall, Vince Zampella had no other option than to confirm the development for this next Titanfall game. The reason the title for this sequel is between quotation marks is because there's no official title for this sequel yet.

"I guess EA announced a sequel, so I could play coy and pretend I don't know anything about it, or... yeah. So we're working on a sequel."

~ Vince Zampella

Vince added that other than the original Titanfall, which was a Microsoft exclusive, this sequel will now become multi-platform meaning it can and most likely will be made available for the PS4 as well as the Xbox and PC. 

Zampella also told IGN that even though their main focus is the development of this sequel, they've created a smaller second team that works on smaller projects. What these smaller projects are is still unknown.

What little detail Vince did give was that even though they want to change things up a little, the basics stay the same. He sais that the multiplayer only route the game took was not the wrong one and that the sequel will be the same.

Even though that it did leave out a certain part of the gaming community which loves a good singleplayer campaign rather than the multiplayer campaign the original Titanfall had. He admits that they might need to find a better combination of multi- and singleplayer modes and that they'll certainly work towards that.

Another thing that will be different from the last game is that DLC will most likely be completely free. Vince said he liked the way the community reunited with the free season passes they gave away in celebration of Titanfalls anniversary aa paid DLC tends to seperate it. He cannot assure us of this yet, but does state that the way they'll handle DLC will certainly be different.

"I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy."

~Vince Zampella

Would you buy a sequel to Titanfall? And what do you think of the idea of free DLC?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Sources:

NL.IGN

Polygon

This post has been promoted to an article

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 3

I think Free DLC is going to be really attractive to players who leave the game after some time but revisit as new things emerge. To continue pleasing EA, though, I wouldn't mind if they brought in some forms of Microtransactions which would be utilised for weapon skins, pilot skins and titan skins etc, additionally adding random 'drop' boxes which also offer the same things as rewards for playing.

And I'm buying it.

• Like 2

Titanfall 2? Sounds great. Titanfall was a very, very fun game. Probably the most fun I've ever had. I just had to give it up after finishing the campaign and doing multiplayer for a while because of the lack of content. Still, it was  better than Destiny, in my opinion. I can't wait, and if I have that MGS V PS4 by then, why not?

• Like 1

Titanfall 2? I'm glad they actually did carry through when they hinted at a sequel. I'm glad this will be made as well, won't have to deal with the whole, "Hey got Titanfall?" "Yeah." "Wanna play with me?" "Sure" *Gets on Xbox One* *Friend gets on Xbox 360* "Well, crap."

This just got much harder, "Hey got Titanfall?" "Yeah." "Wanna play with me?" "Sure." "Gets on Xbox One* *Friend Gets on Playstation 4* "Well, crap."

Although users will never have been able to Play Titanfall 1, unless they had an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One to play it. It still is nice to not just be an Xbox Exclusive, I mean... EA has got to get their money somehow, especially with giving away free DLC. It'll probably cost us like $10 to get something stupid, like Titan Skin or something. Eh... Oh well.

Great article Peanut, glad it's confirmed. Hope to have more Community Events on their as well. ^_^

• Like 1

Although users will never have been able to Play Titanfall 1, unless they had an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One to play it. It still is nice to not just be an Xbox Exclusive, I mean... EA has got to get their money somehow, especially with giving away free DLC. It'll probably cost us like $10 to get something stupid, like Titan Skin or something. Eh... Oh well.

Well the sequel might not require knowledge of the original one as it could be set in the same universe but about something else entirely.

At this point we just don't know sadly.

If Titanfall 2 isn't on Xbox One, then we can confirm that Respawn Entertainment has lost their sanity. Looking forward to seeing a sequel for this, but there's no rush for one. Nice article P34nut.

The interview stated it would be multi-platform. That usually means Xbox, PS and PC. In this case they'll most surely make it available for the Xbox One, PS4 and PC and maybe... Just maybe... The 360 and PS3 as well. I highly doubt that though.

(Maybe even Wii-U :hrhr: )

I might have phrased it incorrectly in the OP, sorry for any confusion. I'll edit it right away!

I wonder what new features they will momentarily awe us with?

I hope it has Halo-like customisation for your Titan! Also, they need to give us a wider variety of weapons. How about mini dual-wieldable weapons? So you'll have two types of weapon to choose from; single-wielded powerful weapons or two less powerful weapons!

• Like 2

I hope it has Halo-like customisation for your Titan! Also, they need to give us a wider variety of weapons. How about mini dual-wieldable weapons? So you'll have two types of weapon to choose from; single-wielded powerful weapons or two less powerful weapons!

I admit that would give me reason to buy titanfall and it would add more variety to the game. Good point bruh.

I would love to take a crap in this persons lawn for saying that multiplayer only was the right step. Worst possible thing to do in my eyes.

If any game deserved a single player campaign it was Titanfall. There was so much they could have done. Such a waste of potential is not excusable for me. To do such a thing again definitely takes this off my buying list.

• Like 2

I read this exact article right after it came out, and I was really excited to see it get confirmed ^_^

I personally don't think that TitanFall needs a single player (though I wouldn't be against it), considering it was meant to be a MP only game, with a side of campaign. I liked that I didn't have to play through a 5-7 hour campaign by myself, just to learn about the universe, and that I could just casually play MP and have it on the side. Considering that other mainstream campaigns aren't the focus of their games (Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc), Titan Fall really zeroed in on that and just implemented it into MP so it would actually get played by the majority of the players.

I'm not saying that single player shouldn't be in TitanFall, I just think it was nice for a change that it was melded into the MP. 

Good article P34nut ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Will definitely be picking it up! Absolutely loved the first game and it's new style of game play. Would like for there to be more Mechs though. Would've liked for there to be a bigger variety of pilot weapons but, I'd rather have more mechs. Would prefer a solo campaign as well.