Four New Halo Books Coming This Year

343 Industries has announced that four new Halo books will be releasing this year and one of them will have an old familiar name on the cover. 

gallery_12241_647_87570.jpg

*Image from Halo Waypoint

An announcement on Halo Waypoint revealed that fans of Halo lore will be getting four new books this year along with release dates. This year will see a five Halo novels in total as the latest one "Halo: New Blood" released earlier this month on March 2nd.

The first of the four up coming books is Halo: Hunters in the Dark by Peter David, it is a full length novel and it will bd released on June 16th, 2015.

Halo: Saint's Testimony by 343 Industries Franchise Development Director Frank O'Connor will be next in line, this book is a digital single and it will be available on July 27th, 2015. 

Halo: Last Light by Troy Denning will also be a full length novel and it will release on September 7th, 2015

Halo: Shadow of Intent by Joseph Staten (author of Halo: Contact Harvest and cinematic director for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3) who will be returning to bring us more Halo lore in this digital novella, release date will be December 7, 2015. 

So there will be a lot of new installments to the Halo universe this year, will you be picking any of the new books up?

Thanks to UNSC Spartan II for bringing the news.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 6

"Halo: Shadow of Intent by Joseph Staten (author of Halo: Contact Harvest and cinematic director for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3) who will be returning to bring us more Halo lore in this digital novella, release date will be December 7, 2015."

This is presumably after Halo 5's release. Also is an either obvious reference or about Shipmaster and his Elites. This gives me a strong feeling about his presence in the future games now, and some Elite's in Halo 5 looking like Halo 3 Elites, obviously coinciding with the pic above. There will now be good Elite's versus baddie Elites, I'd like to think. I'd like to learn more about Rtas 'Vadum, as he really hasn't been fleshed out all too much.

Also that's going to be a tsunami of lore hitting. New info in bunches. Thanks for the info Adam.

Edited by rrhuntington
  • Like 1

"Halo: Shadow of Intent by Joseph Staten (author of Halo: Contact Harvest and cinematic director for Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and Halo 3) who will be returning to bring us more Halo lore in this digital novella, release date will be December 7, 2015."

This is presumably after Halo 5's release. Also is an either obvious reference or about Shipmaster and his Elites. This gives me a strong feeling about his presence in the future games now, and some Elite's in Halo 5 looking like Halo 3 Elites, obviously coinciding with the pic above. There will now be good Elite's versus baddie Elites, I'd like to think. I'd like to learn more about Rtas 'Vadum, as he really hasn't been fleshed out all too much.

Also that's going to be a tsunami of lore hitting. New info in bunches. Thanks for the info Adam.

Also worth noting that that's the Ark behind the Elite in the image above. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to these, although I've been off reading for a while now. I'll get back to those Halo books again sometime. Nice work on the article Adam, and thanks for the credit.

Also, what happened to Joseph Staten not working on Halo? Does this not count or what?

He started with Bungie, and wrote a book. He then stayed with Bungie as they left to work on Destiny. Sometime in late 2013, Bungie announced that he had left them. He's most likely working with 343 now, maybe because he prefers Halo. Good to see him coming back to write another book, Halo: Contact Harvest was great.