Halo: Escalation Discussion

Seeker of Truth

Well, guess what, everyone. Thanks to a six-month hiatus between high school and uni, I'm back. And I've moved back to Canada. So I'll be around a fair bit more until September. 

Discuss the Halo: Escalation comic series here. Issues 14 and 15 were quite interesting, with another new Covenant faction and all three groups involved at Atkis IV in a bit of a sticky situation. I suspect that Issue 16 will conclude with a confrontation between Jul and Sali, and either Jul or Sali will get the entire Janus Key. I also have a feeling that Palmer will majorly screw things up for the UNSC with her desire to kill Halsey and cost them the battle and the key. Issues 19 and 20, which were just announced, look like they'll feature Majestic, which probably means the Infinity will be trying to get the key back. 

Feel free to talk about anything else related to Escalation. 

• 3 months later...

The preview for the latest Escalation is up and 343 brings back a character that we thought had a very minor role earlier. The Elite carrying the supposed bioweapon when Infinity takes down the Kig Yar colony on Ven III is now called Ayit 'Sevi. "Our search has been for the deviant." "Basically, we looked for the most human Sangheili we could find..."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=28076&pg=1

My thoughts.....

Most of Halo escalation has been pointless filler, nothing of actually weight happening apart from.....

The last few issues. :)

24 hours though was such a let down and joke.

For starters it had so many plot holes and stupid decisions.

Examples:

Killing Black team.

Hood telling Chief what to do..... HOOD IS AN ADMIRAL! Spartans II's are under the ONI's justification.

My thoughts.....

Most of Halo escalation has been pointless filler, nothing of actually weight happening apart from.....

The last few issues. :)

24 hours though was such a let down and joke.

For starters it had so many plot holes and stupid decisions.

Examples:

Killing Black team.

Hood telling Chief what to do..... HOOD IS AN ADMIRAL! Spartans II's are under the ONI's justification.

I'm not gonna lie I actually haven't been thrilled with Escalation but I am grateful and glad they've been releasing normally for the past 18 months. The Next 72 Hours was so bad but I am gonna disagree on the jurisdictions of Lord Hood. Firstly, Spartans are now they're own division but before they were actually operating as part of a special branch of the UNSC. Either way though Hood would still be able to pull rank on Chief and order him to relax as he did.

I find it interesting though that something that small earlier had such a huge effect now.

^

Spartan II's at that point were still under ONI's charge, the Spartan IV's might be different I'm not sure but the Spartan II's are not.

If ONI asked Chief to go chill and he didn't that would be going AWOL.

Hood asking Chief, not going AWOL.

As we can gather from that mission in the Game informer demo, Chief is still working for the UNSC/ONI at the start of Halo 5, my guess is he finds something in the missions that changes his perspective on things....

At a guess, he discovers the Didact is going to do something really bad, the UNSC don't let him leave to stop it, so he leaves anyway to stop it.

Somewhere along the way he meets up with Arbiter who helps him on his journey. :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace

If ONI asked Chief to go chill and he didn't that would be going AWOL.

Hood asking Chief, not going AWOL.

Chief going AWOL was when he went and tried to Save Richard Sekebo from Sapien Sunrise. The UEG Rejected his request for extra protection for his peace talk, and Chief Accepted, denying their Denial. Or at least that's what I'm thinking from Hunt the Truth.

^

I think Chief had gone AWOL long before that and he was already AWOL at that point. :)

I don't know if it's too long because when you start Halo 5 it was stated that the events of the Sapien Sunrise attack hadn't happened yet.

• 1 month later...

^

Yep it looks to be interesting....

Lets be honest as I said before

Apart from one or two issues here and there Escalation has been nothing but filler with nothing important or interesting in my opinion happening. :)

But this recent story arc, something finally has happened, the Covenant have the Janus key. Now this is very interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After reading the latest, actually good, Escalation, I think it's safe to infer that the Contender class at the AR may be Offensive Bias. However, what interests me is the tri-coloring the AI has. Blue - which usually indicates neutrality or direction by the Librarian, orange - which is associated with the Ur-Didact, and green - which was said to signify rampancy in Forerunner Ancilla. 

My little theory is that the Record's AI is actually 3 Ancilla together but that a fragment of Offensive Bias is definitely one of them

"A hundred thousand iears ago, a fellow Contender made a fatal decision when deciding with whom to ally himself with. I have been living under the burden of that mistake ever since." 

"Other humans?" "Enough. Let us speak with them directly."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...