Interviews with Stars of the Community Volume 42: BATMAN

Drizzy_Dan

Hello 343i Community Forum. Keeping up with the string of interviews we have BATMAN, a long time member more dedicated than some of our grays. This is hands down the most personal interview I've ever done so hopefully you guys will learn something while having fun reading it. Here's BATMAN: 

DD: "BATMAN so I've heard the story of why you're the BATMAN off our site but can you tell the members that don't know how you got your name?"

BM: "Honestly, I picked the name out of a hat. And since I was one of the first hundred-or-so-thousandth member, I was surprised when "Batman" wasn't taken; so I took it.

I remember there was this one guy in the shoutbox a few thousand years ago who thought I was "hiding behind the name." I say what I believe needs to be said, and you're damned right I'd say it even if my name was "Nutty Squirrel" or something.

After the notfunny jokes of Robin became old and notfunnier, I switched my icon to Batman Beyond's symbol, hoping to stop the unfunny. Mixed results.

So, yeah, I thought of changing it a few times, but then I realized I'd have to reintroduce myself over and over again, and being as socially awkward as I am, I just stuck with the name-- through Hell or High Water, I guess this site's gonna have a Batman with my influence or without; so I may as well be said Batman."

DD: "BATMAN has an unfunny history, there's a shocker laugh.png! Only joking there BATMAN. So on the topic of you being one of the older members here. What's kept you returning to the site for so long?"

BM: "To be honest, I don't really know. I've been relatively antisocial on the site, considering how long I've been a member but still haven't gotten out of the Drones. Instead, I stick to the shoutbox, and despite the occasional awkward pauses, I find it enjoyable. If only they could count SB posts towards member rank blum.gif"

DD: "Lol then some people would reach the highest rank immediately! So do you wish to achieve a different member status on the site? Or do you feel it makes you unique and would like to keep your green name?"

BM: "That'd be scary. I think it'd be interesting to see what would summarize me for the forum members in a simple title. While I want to remain active, I rarely find anything relatable enough in the forums to have an opinion on, so my forum post count is always going to remain low. So, I'm stuck in the conundrum of "Feeling like I didn't earn a title because I didn't actually meet the requirements" or "forever a noob." I'll leave it for staff, on that one.. if it happens without my influence, I'll still retain the 'satisfaction.'"

DD: "I think you've earned something for being here this long now laugh.png. BATMAN if you could have an Award made for the site that you thought of, what would it be and how would it be attainable?"

BM: "I think it'd be a stylized pentagram with a transparent background. I'm not too sure on how it'd be attainable or what it'd be called, but I'm not the best designer. I'd want it to be difficult to attain, but anyone could get it.

Team Demon, maybe... unlocked by playing a game with me or someone who already has it.

*shrug* That's the best I can come with.

Oh, and I think I've got an idea for my own unique member title, too. Exorcist. Might not appear as too friendly (it's honestly nothing to do with religion and whatnot, but I'm a rather spiritual type), but I'm pretty sure people know I've got a rather abrasive personality by this point."

DD: "Both the Team Demon Award and Exorcist Member Title suit your characteristics perfectly. Next thing I want to ask you about may be a bit personal but I know you're feeling more comfortable sharing it recently as you've told me earlier: So BATMAN, when most members talk to you or meet you I would assume they think you're actually a BAT-MAN when in fact you aren't am I right? Care to go on a little on the topic?"

BM: "Heh, yeah, I don't have the equipment most members do on this site; I've trained myself to articulate my opinion in a way that's abrasive and seemingly male; but in all honesty, yes. I'm a girl. And if I'm going to be punished (as in b&) for trying my best to appear as a dude on this site, go right ahead. I know how women are treated on the internet, and I wanted to do my best to avoid that. And since I know this isn't 4chan; I'm not gonna fall for the 'pics or GTFO;' It's either you take my word or ban me for finally coming out with the truth. A friend of mine let me use his image for the community yearbook (I'm sure a few members remember that event; first it was him, then I changed my name to Slenderman and posted a pic of him; pretty sure my post was deleted from the yearbook thread). But, when it comes down to it, I don't like taking pictures of myself. I don't like anyone taking a picture of me; I just quite simply don't like cameras (the unblinking eyes that they are... they creep me out; the same as mirrors).

I don't consider myself a religious person (God will judge me), but Team Demon and Exorcist are really just things that came from the aforementioned friend; He's just as sick and twisted as I am and gave me a few pointers on how to let others think of me as my opposite gender. While I understand it's probably a bannable offense for trying to trick people it to believing I'm someone I'm not, fact of the matter is; I'd rather be called a liar than deal with mountains of people trying to hit on me and whatnot (I've dealt with my fair share of creepers); So my profile has been left unkempt for quite a while for that specific reason. It's better to be paranoid and virtually anonymous than having to deal with eff-tards that think that some text on a screen will stop me from being a *******. Yeah; when I'm cornered, I'mma be that blunt with it all. Even now, my girlie's reading over my shoulder, chuckling at my outrageous sense of humor with it all."

DD: "Well when you have a good reason for hiding your identity, it is not punishable with a ban. It's simply a security measure for you. People in the past have not used it for a security measure but more for harassment. I think it's great for you to finally share that information publicly with the forum. I hope it feels liberating! So who were some of the first people you really got along with on the site of all the time you've been here?"

BM: "Ha! When I first joined, I was blatantly told 'You should leave; Noone wants you here.'

Sadly, my brain would rather hold onto the negative than anything else. Some kind of memory issue that I think I can't elaborate on.. Nothing to do with privacy or paranoia, but much more to do with what I've learned through meditation: 'There's a reason the mind hides things from itself.'
(And to quote Supernatural, 'Don't scratch the wall.')
And since this is gonna be a thread, if anyone has a better memory than I do, they're definitely free to recall the friendlier times I was here."

DD: "Everybody had different experiences when they joined. I remember I got a sarcastic response from Azaxx on my very first thread after my introduction. I will never forget that Azaxx... What's one of your most memorable moments on the forums?"

BM: "Back when the shoutbox had font sizes. People breaking it constantinuously because they wanted everyone to read their spam. Oh, the glory days of broken shoutbox and shout spam.. it was hell. Funny.. But terribad."

DD: "That sounds like torture hrhr.gif do you have any goals you wish to achieve here on the site BATMAN?"

BM: "I'd love to get purp'd. Then, I'll work on the higher ranks, but I'll aim low for now blum.gif

But hey, even in this case, it's still aiming pretty darn high. 
Then again, MoM would be fun, but I can already feel the motherhood jokes piling up. And that's a no-fly-zone for me."

DD: "All attainable goals if you ask me. So BATMAN what would be some words of wisdom you would give to newer members?"

BM: "'Don't drink and browse the forums' would probably be the most sound piece of advice I can give. It's not too bad of a thing, but I found myself making really harsh jokes that were only intended to be taken lightly, but the inebriated mind will forget that sarcasm doesn't really show through text on a screen.

I think that about covers it.."

So that was me and BATMAN going about our interview! I hope you guys liked it and are looking forward to more because there's one just around the corner!

• Like 6

You find yourself anti-social? I don't. You always speak out with your opinion and express yourself just like any other member. I just think you were afraid they might find out you were a female. I mean, I have known you were a female for quite a long time. That still hasn't changed the way I though about you. You're a great member and everyone needs to realize that. Sure, females get treated on the internet differently. That doesn't mean our Community should keep doing it, you should honestly report anything of the sort. It's not right. 

I hope this Interview with Drizzy helped you any, you truly are a good member, and a friend to those you enjoy calling so. I hope you can help out our MoM list by expanding it yourself, BATMAN.

Oh, let me pause for a quick second and give you what you deserve... :hugz:

Now for the fun stuff, I'm going to keep it clean, because you don't deserve to be made fun of. That goes for every member on the site as well. Tread them with respect, people.

Inb4any1Else:

rtso.jpg

• Like 2

You find yourself anti-social? I don't. You always speak out with your opinion and express yourself just like any other member. I just think you were afraid they might find out you were a female. I mean, I have known you were a female for quite a long time. That still hasn't changed the way I though about you. You're a great member and everyone needs to realize that. Sure, females get treated on the internet differently. That doesn't mean our Community should keep doing it, you should honestly report anything of the sort. It's not right.

I hope this Interview with Drizzy helped you any, you truly are a good member, and a friend to those you enjoy calling so. I hope you can help out our MoM list by expanding it yourself, BATMAN.

Oh, let me pause for a quick second and give you what you deserve... :hugz:

Now for the fun stuff, I'm going to keep it clean, because you don't deserve to be made fun of. That goes for every member on the site as well. Tread them with respect, people.

Inb4any1Else:

rtso.jpg

Love you, Fishy <3

• Like 1