I miss playing as an ODST

bloomer1338

I was thinking about how much I loved the feeling of playing an ODST in New Mombasa during halo 3 ODST, you didn't feel so overpowered as you do with Master Cheif and I think that is FANTASTIC. I felt that the story line had kept me on my toes and no other Halo game has done that since Halo one.The flashbacks really gave it that Alone yet not alone feeling which keeping me wanting to play to figure out what happened to my squadmembers. I had a special connection with these charectors and they where only in one halo game! That brings me to Lance Corporal "Rookie" aka John Doe. His past life with his incounters on reach would make a great game mixxed in with the backstory behind all the other sqaudmembers: Captain Veronica Dare, Gunnery Sergeant Edward Buck, Corporal Taylor H. "Dutch" Miles, Lance Corporal Kojo "Romeo" Agu, Private First Class Michael "Mickey" Crespo(Alpha Nine). These stories gives me a flicker of hope that someday a game will be made about these event and hopefully in the near future. It has been to long since we have gotton to play as the ODST (2009 to be presice), and in the regular Halo games we look at these guys as expendable soldiers ,but these guys and gals where the best of the best, considered the Navy Seals of today. Halo needs a little break from playing the "DEMON" once and awhile and i think it would be a great idea to introduce another HALO ODST. PLEASE 343 consider making another ODST game!!

Thank you for reading,

Bloomer1338

"Not as overpowered?" Please; it was such a lie when they said you can't take on a brute head-on, turns out that was the easiest strategy. The fact that you were at LEAST a head taller than everyone else was another one of those blunt lies. Hell, "no shields?" Renaming the shields to "stamina" doesn't mean they aren't shields.

(Same way I feel about "smart scope isn't ADS" {yeahuh, right.})

But I liked playing as an ODST. They lied about a lot of it, but ODST was a pretty solid game. I think an "ODST 2" would need a really strong, stable, and actually engaging story (I spaced out with the story in ODST) for there to be any merit of its existence.

"Not as overpowered?" Please; it was such a lie when they said you can't take on a brute head-on, turns out that was the easiest strategy. The fact that you were at LEAST a head taller than everyone else was another one of those blunt lies. Hell, "no shields?" Renaming the shields to "stamina" doesn't mean they aren't shields.

(Same way I feel about "smart scope isn't ADS" {yeahuh, right.})

But I liked playing as an ODST. They lied about a lot of it, but ODST was a pretty solid game. I think an "ODST 2" would need a really strong, stable, and actually engaging story (I spaced out with the story in ODST) for there to be any merit of its existence.

i agree with what you are saying that in the game it wasnt shown as well but to compare to a ODST a spartan has WAY BETTER AMOUR "Each suit alone costs as much as a small starship." while yes an ODST armour is made up of titanium and smiliar on the inside but a spartans armour can resist an emp, also it enhances its wearer's abilities.The Spartain's armor line is named for the mythical weapon Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor... yea i think spartain amour is a tad bit better...

Playing as an ODST wasn't fun, half the mechanics were flaw in Halo 3: ODST anyways. The ODST were played the exact same thing as the Spartans, they were literally just as powerful. Ripping turrets, and surviving high heights. Illogical compared to other games and books. The only difference was that instead of having shields, they have health that needs to be replenished by medkits. That's about the only difference. That, and they stand on Warthog Turrets weird. 

Actually I wouldn't get so sure on the ODST backstories with Rookie and all of them. Below in the spoiler are the reasons why.

Rookie is killed by an insurrectionist, whom executed him.

A few of the others join the insurrectionists. 

Really, pretty much only Buck stayed and is the only one you'll ever get to play as unless they recreate a new squad. That said, Buck is now a Spartan 4. He did the training and passed. Hence why they say, "If he was any better, he would be a Spartan."

• Like 1

Playing as an ODST wasn't fun, half the mechanics were flaw in Halo 3: ODST anyways. The ODST were played the exact same thing as the Spartans, they were literally just as powerful. Ripping turrets, and surviving high heights. Illogical compared to other games and books. The only difference was that instead of having shields, they have health that needs to be replenished by medkits. That's about the only difference. That, and they stand on Warthog Turrets weird.

Actually I wouldn't get so sure on the ODST backstories with Rookie and all of them. Below in the spoiler are the reasons why.

Really, pretty much only Buck stayed and is the only one you'll ever get to play as unless they recreate a new squad. That said, Buck is now a Spartan 4. He did the training and passed. Hence why they say, "If he was any better, he would be a Spartan."

I agree. I thought it was weird that ODST's ran faster with turrets. Though, I found ODST to be at least passable and somewhat fun. But it really did feel like Halo 3.

I agree. I thought it was weird that ODST's ran faster with turrets. Though, I found ODST to be at least passable and somewhat fun. But it really did feel like Halo 3.

Halo 3: ODST was a fun game, I'm just stating the mechanics and gameplay are completely off. I'll still play it, just annoyed by illogical factors is all.

We can play sometime. ^_^

I wasn't aware of there ending but I would like to see a BALANCED true to earth odst game that deals with the BACKSTORY behind Alpha Nine.