cortana might be back!

What are you talking about exactly?

If it is giant orange Bird thing, then no. That's a War sphinx not Cortana. :)

No, he is referring to the chip. The same look is on Cortana's back.

I don't think that's Cortana, it's just a chip. I personally don't think Cortana should make a return at all, that's way to predictable. Instead, I want to see Chief go on without her. See how the story turns out. She might be important to the story for Halo 3 and Halo 4. I, as a player, found her a nuisance. I did not like her messing with my Heads Up Display, and I didn't like her slowing down my run through's on Halo 3. She was an irritation. 

I don't want to see a return, unless she's just in the cut-scenes.

• Like 1

That bird I was talking about exactly I agree with fishy about halo three also the grave mind did it was really annoying.

To be honest I would like to see how he is without Cortana if he's better or worse or even emotional because he doesn't usually talk much but in halo 4 he was talking all the time.

Caboose and fishy thanks for telling me what you think your the first two people to comment on my posts thanks.

• Like 1

I agree, it was the most annoyi,g thing in Halo when Cortana and the Gravemind would stop you mid-game. As for Cortana, I think we should play without her, see how the Campaign roles out. Then, on the last cutscene, have some big experiment or science thing and in the end, they ressurrect her.

• 2 weeks later...

What are you talking about exactly?

It is definitely not a war sphinx.

What are you talking about exactly?

Think about it guys, if Cortana is a AI then she could be copied, what if that chip in Chief's hand is a copy of Cortana Dr. Halsey made as a backup? Or what if it's the other way around and Chief was carrying a copy the entire time! :o

If it is giant orange Bird thing, then no. That's a War sphinx   :)

343i has already publically stated that ISNT a War Sphinx(it never matched the description of one anyways)

Source: (one of the Canon Foder Q&A's on HaloWaypoint)

Anyways sorry for going off topic 

@Melody 

Copying an AI isnt that simple. It isn't like copying a file onto a USB. AI's(in the Halo universe at least) are created using the neural pathways of a human brian(to which tthe brain is just disposed of) and put into the AI's core unit.

I oversimplified the process but thats the gist. Copy/Pasting an extremely high level advance AI like Cortana isn't easy and that would just be some dumb deus ex machina if 343i pulled that card. 

• 3 weeks later...

Cortana IS BACK! Master Chief Designed her and the whole spaceship. Just the Stories got tangled in the mix of the game releases because of master chief was and is at war, so due to that the full game didn't get released not even the first game was fully realesed but considering they are taking back everything to the first XBOX with the XBOX they will be getting the first game fully out that is when everyone will know the true story

Cortana has been confirmed to have a part to play in the Halo 5 story by Mike Colter, Locke's actor in both Nightfall and Halo 5.

This doesn't mean she is back per se, but more likely to appear as either a flashback, Cortana moment or disparate quotes while playing John's part of the campaign- not as a character fully but a memory.

343i has already publically stated that ISNT a War Sphinx(it never matched the description of one anyways)

Source: (one of the Canon Foder Q&A's on HaloWaypoint)

Anyways sorry for going off topic

@Melody

Copying an AI isnt that simple. It isn't like copying a file onto a USB. AI's(in the Halo universe at least) are created using the neural pathways of a human brian(to which tthe brain is just disposed of) and put into the AI's core unit.

I oversimplified the process but thats the gist. Copy/Pasting an extremely high level advance AI like Cortana isn't easy and that would just be some dumb deus ex machina if 343i pulled that card.

Cortana was the only AI created using a live (Cloned) brain by cloning Halsey then removing the brain from the clone body and this killing it. This took 20 attempts.

. The rest are created using brains from dead/ near death scientists and engineers. AI are never created from live samples due to the UN Colonial Act Mortal Dictata; simplified it completely outlaws cloning of a live human or anything past cloning replacement organs for use in medical procedures.

The Flash Clones grown by ONI to replace SPARTAN candidates and create Cortana are completely illegal, but that is the reason Cortana is naturally more brilliant than most other Smart AI.

Fun fact..... Cortana's date chip got destroyed on the Didacts ship in Halo 4.....

So I have no idea why Chief has it. :)

Maybe he got a new AI and that is the new AIs chip or something?

It has been confirmed to not be Cortana's chip in the e3 trailer.