Is 343 Industries still updating HALO Wars?

Triston

Better yet, is Ensemble Studios doing it too?

Because... There are some units with or even without Spartans that can be too overpowered, some underpowered as well. Some leaders are like this too. Nearly half the units actually, also, need some Buffs and Debuffs on their Health's and Damages.

Example: I had 3 Spartan Gremlins all 7 stars, I EMPed an army of Scorpion tanks and win, because they're built for that, but it does next-to-no damage to Infantry, and can't even attack air. But yet it's called a "Unique Unit" even though it kinda sucks. You'd expect it to be better against infantry to say the least, or have light anti-air on it as well.

Example 2: 3 Spartan Scorpion Tanks dominates a Scarub, and can take down armies of Cobra's easily. But against a Vulture flat-out suck.

Example 3: Vultures dominate the Air and Ground, but Infantry OR Anti-Air dominate it too easily.

Anyways um... But there should be some Buffs and Debuffs, a lot of people have been slowly breaking from HALO War's because of this imbalance. Since when does Infantry(ODST) beat Vehicles? I have used only 20 ODST and it can take down Grizzly's, PLUS Cutter's Mac Blast specialty.

I already made a list of units in 3 categories:

Overpowered, Underpowered and Useless.

Overpowered Units:

Canister Shell Scorpion Tanks: They have slightly too much health once at 9 stars or higher. Should be decreased by 10%. People Rush with this unit as well knowing it's nearly indestructible with Spartans, decrease damage by 5% as well.

Grizzly's: Same purpose as Scorpion Tanks, should have 15% Reduced health, but increase Canister Damage by 10%. They lack firepower, but have too much Health/Armor on them. Maybe reduce their main gun firepower by 5% because their main guns actually are stronger than their canister shells at times, and reduce armor slightly because me and friends showed it has over 10x heavier armor than a 2-star scarub when it's a 14-star grizzly.

Hawks: Their Damage Output is a bit too high. People, again, rush with this research as well and are powerful enough to beat all air, even Vultures, scarubs and Grizzly's. Sometimes even beat Anti-Air as well. Reduce Damage vs Armored units by 20%, and health by -10%.

Scarub: Decrease health by 15%, it just takes too long to kill. It's not hard to kill, just takes forever to kill. Increase his Damage by 5%, and make it cost 4,000 instead so people can't rush with a Scarub within 3 minutes.

ODST: Reduce damage by 5% and make them cost 150 to make instead of 100 to standard Infantry once upgraded to ODST. Prevents ODST rushes as well.

Suicude Grunts: Just 10 grunts at the cost of 1,250 can almost destroy an entire fully done UNSC base that costs sometimes around 3,500 Resources to make. Reduce their Damage by 25% and Health by -10%.

Elite Honor Guard: Reduce Damage and Health by 10%. They are made almost as strong as an actual Unupgraded Scorpion Tank head-to-head.

Underpowered Units:

Wolverine should have massively increased Grenade Damage to Armor and Infantry by 50%, or just give it Dual Grenade Launchers instead. Their Barrage is significantly too weak against any sort of Armored unit, yet shreds through Plane Armor even Vultures. It should increase damage by 100% with Barrage against Armor.

Elephant: Increase it's Normal Turret Damages by 20%, and Defense Turrent Damage by 30%. I have seem 3 13 Star Elephants vs a Scarub, the Elephants only won due to the mass amount of ODST, but without them at all, they have amazing health and Armor, but the Damage it lacks severely. Just 1 14 star Grizzly can taken all 3 down and still have about 70% Health Left.

Gremlin: Increase Infantry Damage by 50%, and 10% more damage to armor because it SHOULD be able to beat a Scorpion Tank in a 2 v 1 instead of 3 v 1 or 4 v 1 to win. Add the EMP and it still takes 2 or 3 to kill one Scorpion Tank head-to-head. It should have an Upgrade to get a Free-Moving Main Turret that it uses to attack armor, to attack the air as well. So it has a chance against Air. It's less effective, however, against air by -20% damage than normal. They should also have +10% Health and their EMP to Air should be able to knock down Hornets and Hawks, but Vultures and Maxed Prophet should be a low chance to do so.

Prophet: +10% Health and +5% Shields should be given to him, he dies too easily too fast. And +5% Cleansing Beam Damage.

Useless Units:

Arbiter: He has Rage and heal-back, but he has too much health and damage against Infantry and Air Units, but against Armor he flat out sucks. Reduce Health by 10% and Damage to Infantry and Air by 5%.

Brute Chieftain: Reduce health by 5% and Damage by -10%. But increase Vortex Damage by 25% since his Vortex sucks against any sort of armored units and Spartans.

Brutes: -10% Damage. While good vs Light Armor and Infantry, and Light Air, they suck against Vultures, and Tanks flat-out. Make them do +5% Damage to Heavy Armored Units.

Warthogs: People use these to Rush with Anders, and it works often. However, they are useless against Armor and sometimes even Vultures. Decrease Health by 5% and increase Damage by 5% all-around.

Spartans: These guys are massively Underpowered with Damage-Output against nearly everything. +10% Spartan Laser Damage, -10% Shields +10% Health.

Vultures: While labeled a "Super Unit" it acts more like a waste of money. It needs 20% more damage, but 5% less health. It should deal 10% more damage to air units with it's automatic missiles that shoot at sky units.

Now about Training Times. How exactly does a Spartan train faster than Flame Throwers, Wolverines AND Gremlins AND Elephants? That needs to be fixed too.

Training Times:

Reduce Gremlins by 30%.

Reduce Warthogs by 10%.

Increase Spartans by 5%.

Reduce Flamethrowers by 25%.

Reduce Wolverines by 10%.

I have seen 3 Spartans ALL 3 Stars with Spartan Laser Upgrade vs 2 Spartans with 2 star's and and a no-star spartan with just Chain Gun, and the Chain Guns nearly won against them. It's not right. On top of that, the Anti-Vehicle guys on the Covenant Side(I keep forgetting their names) should deal 10% less damage to vehicles, and have 15% less health. I mean seriously, 3 of them can destroy a Scorpion Tank without a problem, 15 of them maxed out can decimate a Scarub.

If you want to know how overpowered a Grizzly is truly, me and my friend did a test. He and I were teammates, I had a 3 star Brute Chieftain, he had a 14-Star Grizzly. I had a 2-star TWO STAR Scarub. He sent 3 Vultures, I vortexed them all dead, the nexploded it on my Scarub: It lost about 35% Health.

HOWEVER!

I did the same thing exactly the same to his Grizzly, it lost about 8% Health only. Actually about 7%. This is how unfair Grizzly's and Scorpion Tanks are Specifically. They have wayyy too much Health for the main part. Heck, you'd expect a Volley from 3-Seven-Stared Wolverines to destroy a Scorpion Tank, but nope. It only deals it down to about 40% Health with all 3 volleying it all together. The Damage Resistance Tanks have to Explosions and Bullets alike are too high, so at least Reduce Damage Resistances to that stuff by 10%, and slight Health Reduction as well. Because their health is so massive, they literally can't be killed even by an army of Vultures and/or Hawks. I've KILLED 4 Vultures on my Canister Shell Scorpion Tank(13 Stars each) without a single one losing more than 75% Health. Heck, I took down an army of Hawks with them too. Like 20 Hawks with 3 having spartans in them at 8-9 stars each, and STILL owned them. I almost lost a tank, but still won in the end.

The game need some serious rebalancing with all of these things. I'm hoping you guys add this please. Some units are useless, or underpowered, others make the game a gimme to anyone. The only players you STILL have are the ones that do the CS-Scorpion Tank Rush, or Grizzly Rush, or Hawk Rush or Scarub Rushes. Even Warthog Rushes as well.

• Like 2

Ensemble Studios doesn't exist anymore unfortunately. I love Halo Wars so that was sad news many years ago. 343 mentioned that a sequel to Halo Wars is something they've thought and that it is possible but they are not working on it.

Dang. Why did Ensemble shut down?

My only input I want to put on your chart is that the Arbiter is not useless. I have used him all the time, I have beat Drizzy_Dan with him, actually. He's very useful, and the ultimate scout. You shouldn't treat him as such. Overall, he beats the Chieftain and Regret.

Also, Ensemble Studios shut down due to money shortage. Their employees went to different companies. Some went somewhere else. Hence why there was only about 3 Halo Wars Updates. 

My only input I want to put on your chart is that the Arbiter is not useless. I have used him all the time, I have beat Drizzy_Dan with him, actually. He's very useful, and the ultimate scout. You shouldn't treat him as such. Overall, he beats the Chieftain and Regret.

Also, Ensemble Studios shut down due to money shortage. Their employees went to different companies. Some went somewhere else. Hence why there was only about 3 Halo Wars Updates. 

Actually... Artiter has less Health and Damage than Chieftain.

They closed because they weren't making enough money. All they made were strategy games and their size grew over time while working on the Halo MMO. When that got tossed by Microsoft they failed to downsize and eventually just got tossed out as a whole by Microsoft.

Oh wow... I hope they find a replacement for them then that redoes HALO Wars.

Prophet in 2v2 or 3v3 is the biggest threat, he's not weak at all if you know how to use him.

Hawks got a serious patch shortly after the game launched, because they were literally unbeatable, so their fine now.

Most units are strong if you know how to use them.

I hope Microsoft has plans for a sequel. I really enjoyed Halo Wars ^_^

Actually... Artiter has less Health and Damage than Chieftain.

Not what I am getting at, Arbiter is better than the chieftain. Simply if he is used correctly, damage and health do not matter. Do not ever use that for an advantage. That said, Arbiter has a really high defense, deflecting some incoming damage back at the targets. His Cloak allows him to turn invisible to the enemy, as long as he doesn't attack and use that advantage to Hot Drop units into battle, to do the job for him. He is also the only leader that is able to recover health from rage, rage also increases his movement speed by five times as normal. It also increases HP and gives a Damage boost if activated near an Ally unit, or one of your own. It has the same affect on buildings. He is not useless, he is in fact one of the best leaders in the game. It just requires skill on how to use him correctly.

Prophet in 2v2 or 3v3 is the biggest threat, he's not weak at all if you know how to use him.

Hawks got a serious patch shortly after the game launched, because they were literally unbeatable, so their fine now.

I am not sure if they are making a sequel, however UNSC Spirit of Fire will probably be making an appearance. The ship is still intact and Blue Team is still alive. Not very much is said, they just don't have an engine to slipspace. That's all. We might see them in Halo 5, highly doubtful. Halo 6 might be the return, or if 343 Industries decides to make a Side-Game. Similar to Bungie with Halo Reach, and Halo 3: ODST. They might return there.

They are alive, I can confirm that. The only thing that is to worry about, is if any of the flood have snuck onto the ship and not detected.

Um... Hawks still have slightly too much dmg considering they EMP Tanks. On top of that, Gremlins somehow fire into the air at Spartans Hijacking planes, but can't attack air when they obviously can. So that's another screwed up thing. But the 2 MAJOR Units that are wayyy too Overpowered are:

Spartan Scorpion Tanks and

Scarubs. Scarubs have too much health, but crap dmg and armor(Which should be fixed).

Scorpion Tanks have wayyy too much armor. Since when does it take a Gauss Warthog anywhere from 50 to 200 shots to kill a Tank?

Not what I am getting at, Arbiter is better than the chieftain. Simply if he is used correctly, damage and health do not matter. Do not ever use that for an advantage. That said, Arbiter has a really high defense, deflecting some incoming damage back at the targets. His Cloak allows him to turn invisible to the enemy, as long as he doesn't attack and use that advantage to Hot Drop units into battle, to do the job for him. He is also the only leader that is able to recover health from rage, rage also increases his movement speed by five times as normal. It also increases HP and gives a Damage boost if activated near an Ally unit, or one of your own. It has the same affect on buildings. He is not useless, he is in fact one of the best leaders in the game. It just requires skill on how to use him correctly.

I am not sure if they are making a sequel, however UNSC Spirit of Fire will probably be making an appearance. The ship is still intact and Blue Team is still alive. Not very much is said, they just don't have an engine to slipspace. That's all. We might see them in Halo 5, highly doubtful. Halo 6 might be the return, or if 343 Industries decides to make a Side-Game. Similar to Bungie with Halo Reach, and Halo 3: ODST. They might return there.

They are alive, I can confirm that. The only thing that is to worry about, is if any of the flood have snuck onto the ship and not detected.

Oh yeah because you can't dominate an Arbiter with 2 scarubs even when he boosts ally damage. Take the Arbiter down, you have no worries. Arbiter, actually, only bounces back about 5% damage to units delt to him, and his speed only increases by 3x not 5x.

If you want to be technical, train wreck depends on your personal quarrels with the mechanics and playability of the game.  For you triston, if the problems you have are the one you laid out in the OP, then I suggest you do as I suggested and modify the game to conform to your posted suggested tweaks.

As for Frog, if your going to try to add some criticism to the topic rather than just post an opinion without anything to specifically give insight to said opinion, then what was the point?  I could easily point out "trainwreck" games you like, and I'm sure I could cite page long data specific reasons.

• Like 3

Ilove the way the game is setup right now! The glitches and all... I don't think they should fix anything... I believe what they should do is add more leaders! bring the flood or the rebels into the game!

They should be able to make a min of at least 4 different leaders based on those 2 alone! 2 covy style for the flood and 2 UNSC style!

I mean if they are not going to do anymore updates then they should just make the game a freeware for the users to update... I mean come on it worked for doom2...

Also 3 startans should be able to jack a scarab, or throw other spartans out of tanks, I mean the updates to this game could be endless... I just think that the Halo Wars franchise could be something that

SC2 rivals for consoles... there needs to be a twitch community streaming to get the word out about how amazing this game is...

As my profile says...

I'm here till they shut the servers down... HW till the end...

If anyone thinks this game's balance is off... They clearly are just not very good at it... haha

• 3 weeks later...