Halo MCC Online Multiplayer Doesn't Work

I bought an XBox One over the weekend. I got the "Halo: Master Chief Collection" bundle from Walmart. Right now this is the only game I'm interested in playing. It's how I keep in touch with friends from back home. You'll understand my disappointment when I found that the game's online multiplayer works about as good as a screen door on a submarine. I can't join an in-game group with my friend. Neither of us can successfully join a multiplayer session.

All my network settings are correct. My internet is plenty fast.

Shame on me for not researching the game before I purchased it. I guess I figured I could trust the "HALO" name. Woops.

I tried contacting Microsoft. The illustrious "Erl" told me he couldn't help, and that my only option is posting on this forum. So here I am.

In conclusion,

I'm super glad I bought something that doesn't work.

Well you can tell Erl that he got the wrong forum... The official 343i forum is Halowaypoint.com

As for the MCC itself, yes it has alot of issues sadly. We can only hope that the upcoming update which is rumoured to be HUGE will put an end to all problems once and for all.

My own experience with the game hasen't been that bad since a few updates ago. I have little to no trouble joining friends and multiplayer games, even with the WiFi connection I had a month ago. It might have something to do with your region, I heard especially Aussie and New Zealand players have alot of trouble.