Halo 5: Guardians Leaked Trailer Screen Analysis

VinWarrior

Unless your all fried from too much crack, this leaked image is nowhere near the monument type, style or size from Halo 3.  I've attached the actual scenario_structure_bsp from Halo 3's Epilogue map file.  The monument in Halo 3 is actually a Pelican Wing.  This monument from the leaked "Halo 5" is nothing like it in size, shape or texture.  The words "Duty and honor" are not even on the Halo 3 monument to the fallen.

If I had to wager a guess, it looks as if maybe it could be a monument located on Reach.  Reach was where the bulk of humanities military forces fell, as well as a great deal of John's Spartan brethren.  And if we follow the cannon timeline that Reach introduced, the last copy/fragment of Cortana was on Reach.  It could be hypothesized that John returned to Reach.

As a secondary guess, this could be a monument located on Earth.  The wreckage seen in the landscape could be the wreckage of the Didact's ship that has not yet been cleaned up.

...Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Still, it really looks like the number 117 is where I said it was.

Lets Science!

IN YELLOW we see what looks like Plasma Rifle markings in the stone. Perhaps Chief was hunted down or ambushed by the group that kidnapped Halsey? If it were Agent Locke who shot him down, you wouldn't see the glow around the markings.

The glow also leads me to believe it is a fairly recent attack that perhaps Locke finished up in rescuing chief. Plasma glow markings eventually fade away leaving burn marks... you can see here that there are still white or light blue markings around those markings which leads to believe it is a recent event. It also appears that Locke is placing a weapon back in it's holster, rather than pulling it out. 

Perhaps he found chief being overwhelmed by covenant scavengers, chief collapses, Locke fights the baddies off damaging his helmet in the process.... leading him to remove his helmet after the fight is finished. He then approaches chiefs unconscious body carefully. The citizens come out of their homes and attempt to thank those that helped them etc. You get the idea... anyways...

IN PINK we see some strange markings that you see no where else on the map... what could they be? Confetti from dead grunts? nah.... perhaps they are just pieces of debris in the air that are floating around? Maybe they are attached to the monument?

IN ORANGE we see a strange man without any armor or anything special on. He has a hat... perhaps a farmer? When was the last place we saw a civilian in a Halo game? Halo Reach! #Reach2015 

Also, on the left side of the structure, behind it... it appears there is a sign, is it  a sign? If so... what could it be for and what could it say? Another hint?

IN GREEN we see some strange debris... one looks like a reservoir or piece of a military vehicle of some sort and another a very strong cable that looks like it has been easily snapped. What could this lead to? There was some sort of wreckage or material break down here... really we just need to know what it was.

That just about sums up some of the things I noticed... I am pretty sure it is Reach, as Twinreapers points are very strong and everything in the image lines up.

EDIT: Also, look at the black ash up-splash on the monument, looks like a bomb or grenade detonated close by.

The 'citizen' appears to be a marine with a boonie cover on. I say this because the pants the person is wearing appear to be digital print desert camo and the shirt appears to be olive drab green.

It could also simply be a person wandering into the shot.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lets Science!

H5GBreak.png

IN YELLOW we see what looks like Plasma Rifle markings in the stone. Perhaps Chief was hunted down or ambushed by the group that kidnapped Halsey? If it were Agent Locke who shot him down, you wouldn't see the glow around the markings.

The glow also leads me to believe it is a fairly recent attack that perhaps Locke finished up in rescuing chief. Plasma glow markings eventually fade away leaving burn marks... you can see here that there are still white or light blue markings around those markings which leads to believe it is a recent event. It also appears that Locke is placing a weapon back in it's holster, rather than pulling it out. 

Perhaps he found chief being overwhelmed by covenant scavengers, chief collapses, Locke fights the baddies off damaging his helmet in the process.... leading him to remove his helmet after the fight is finished. He then approaches chiefs unconscious body carefully. The citizens come out of their homes and attempt to thank those that helped them etc. You get the idea... anyways...

IN PINK we see some strange markings that you see no where else on the map... what could they be? Confetti from dead grunts? nah.... perhaps they are just pieces of debris in the air that are floating around? Maybe they are attached to the monument?

IN ORANGE we see a strange man without any armor or anything special on. He has a hat... perhaps a farmer? When was the last place we saw a civilian in a Halo game? Halo Reach! #Reach2015 

Also, on the left side of the structure, behind it... it appears there is a sign, is it  a sign? If so... what could it be for and what could it say? Another hint?

IN GREEN we see some strange debris... one looks like a reservoir or piece of a military vehicle of some sort and another a very strong cable that looks like it has been easily snapped. What could this lead to? There was some sort of wreckage or material break down here... really we just need to know what it was.

That just about sums up some of the things I noticed... I am pretty sure it is Reach, as Twinreapers points are very strong and everything in the image lines up.

EDIT: Also, look at the black ash up-splash on the monument, looks like a bomb or grenade detonated close by.

lol I was going to do the same thing...but Im still going to do it because there are some things that you did not mention that I have noticed.

There's some great analysis here. Great work Ed and the rest of you. I'm looking forward to seeing what's happening. The image looks kind of sad to be honest, seeing Chief in that state in front of that stone, there's something about it that makes me feel like it's all coming to the end. Things are going to be real different now.

I noticed something in the image that may really disturb some of you, it definitely got me by surprise. WARNING: PROCEED WITH CAUTION

bjH3u.jpg

• Like 1