HALO: GALAXY OF COMBAT = HALO MMO!!!

Donut-923

BIG NEWS!: A halo mmo is under production! its named: Halo: Galaxy Of Combat. its in the making. its going to be made by BVG studios. heres some information from the FAQs.

Q: What is Halo: Galaxy of Combat?

A: It's a free to play MMOFPS game being developed by BVG Studios based in the Halo Universe.

Q: How much will the game cost?

A: The game will be 100% free; which is under the “Custom Content and Rules Policy” established by Microsoft.

Q: When will the game be released?

A: It is set for sometime in Spring 2012.

Q: Will the community get to have input for the game?

A: Yes, the community will be our main source on ideas, changes, bug fixes, and all of the sort.

Q: Will there be a beta for Halo: Galaxy of Combat?

A: Yes, there will be a beta. We plan to have a private beta and an open beta.

Q: Are there going to be any new weapons or alien races?

A: For now, no. We plan to stick to established Halo cannon and focus on the Human Covenant War.

Q: Where are all the game assets coming from and who are they being created by?

A: All game assets are being made from scratch by our team, nothing external.

Q: What kind of fighting (gameplay) will be incorporated?

A: Plans are to have large scale battles in space, air, and on the ground.

Q: What platform will the game be on? PC, Xbox 360?

A: Halo: Galaxy of Combat is set to release on PC only, and we have no plans to port to any other device.

Q: Is BVG Studios currently recruiting/hiring?

A: We are recruiting yes, but no pay, this is a community driven game.

Q: Is BVG Studios going to make any profits from Halo: Galaxy of Combat?

A: We are not gaining any profit or soliciting any funds for the game. It will be 100% free and funded out of our own pockets.

• 1 month later...

Ughhh it looks dreadful. I really hope the engine they are using to power this, is capable of more in terms of shaders and lighting. The preview video looked like a bad halo 1 engine Xfire video capture. Everything looked so deformed. By the music and the way the video opened, I was expecting much much more. Even the concept art is misleading. And lets not talk about the horrible poly models they showcase in the shots. I mean yes it's a basic screen cap of a 3dsmax app, but still. They could have at least used some smoothing or artificial mental ray lighting to spruce them up before posting them. Egad it's a developers nightmare in there!

Ughhh it looks dreadful. I really hope the engine they are using to power this, is capable of more in terms of shaders and lighting. The preview video looked like a bad halo 1 engine Xfire video capture. Everything looked so deformed. By the music and the way the video opened, I was expecting much much more. Even the concept art is misleading. And lets not talk about the horrible poly models they showcase in the shots. I mean yes it's a basic screen cap of a 3dsmax app, but still. They could have at least used some smoothing or artificial mental ray lighting to spruce them up before posting them. Egad it's a developers nightmare in there!

its just a fan made game its not a proper game developing company they wouldnt have the funds that bungie or 343i would have, the graphics and engines are not going to be any where near as good as halo 3 or halo reach or even halo ce, for a fan made game i think it looks good

I am really looking forward to this.

although, im kind of sceptical about Halo being an MMOFPS, i don't see how its gonna work, and it been on PC, and with the engine they're going to use is obviously not going to be as good as bungie or 343's.

i hope there is leaked footage of it.

• 1 month later...

Fun little fact:

Halo CE was originally going to be either a MMOFPS or a MMORPG for the Apple Macintosh. Then, Microsoft offered Bungie more money than Apple did, and they started developing a Halo MMO for the PC. However, they ended up turning it into an FPS for the (at the time) brand new Microsoft gaming console, the X-Box.

lol, saw this a while ago. This is actually NOT an mmo. This is actually a *cough* Halo 2 PC mod *cough*. I completly forgot who exactly made this but stumbled acroos it when looking up custom levels for CE. The level itself is actually made from scratch, along with many of the enemies and scentery (also presumablyvehicles). This "leaked info" is false but the level itself is real. Amazing work though, i must say.

oh, and the Actual halo mmo was scrapped before anything was actually made. Thank heavens for that though, it looked terrible and inconsistent with any established design or themes, yet alone canon. The only exception is the forerunner structual designs, which are spot-on and beautiful to look at. The rest of the concept art though, is doo-doo.

On the other hand some of the concept art for Halo wars is absolutly incredible in every aspect. Some of the lesser know peices are especially incredible, with much more alien vistas, darker, more mysterious forerunner machinery, and some things so large, that it's hard to categorize them as actual machinery or scenery.

• 4 weeks later...

lol, saw this a while ago. This is actually NOT an mmo. This is actually a *cough* Halo 2 PC mod *cough*. I completly forgot who exactly made this but stumbled acroos it when looking up custom levels for CE. The level itself is actually made from scratch, along with many of the enemies and scentery (also presumablyvehicles). This "leaked info" is false but the level itself is real. Amazing work though, i must say.

What you say, is entirely false, this 'leaked' info has actually been 'leaked', when it should not have.

Bay View Game Studios has asked for this not to be posted here, so someone went and did exactly that. Why you disbelieve that this game is being developed though is stupid, especially since it is, and there is a company website with ALL the information on the game available to te public.

Still dont believe me?

Look here; http://www.bvgstudios.net/ and stop posting about it on the 343i forums.