Master Chief got taller in the end of Halo4?

tharm007

So i've been wondering about this question for so long. I don't know if anyone ever discuss or notice this but as I was watching the legendary ending for Halo 4 and i noticed that when Master Chief walked pass Palmer, he was wayyyyyyy taller than her. 

here's the video at 1:23

But when i look back to the video when Palmer first met MC, MC had about the same height as Palmer

here>> at around 30 seconds in

I think this might be the effect of what the Librarian did to MC? Or it's just some crappy job on the cut scenes? Any idea on this? I've been trying to find the answer for this question for so long.

thanks

The statements about him being significantly taller are correct.  And while yes his armor could not grow with him magically, who's to say that the Librarian didn't also do something to the nanites that control his armor modifications while in stasis?  For the Librarian, it would be a simple matter of manipulating the hardware to do what she wants in an instant.  It is quite possible she had them re-write the armor configuration as his growth accelerated.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The statements about him being significantly taller are correct. And while yes his armor could not grow with him magically, who's to say that the Librarian didn't also do something to the nanites that control his armor modifications while in stasis? For the Librarian, it would be a simple matter of manipulating the hardware to do what she wants in an instant. It is quite possible she had them re-write the armor configuration as his growth accelerated.

That's not how a Geas works. John was given resistance to the composer and a natural ability to understand Forerunner technology- of course there are other effects like Shadow of Sundered Star talking in his head. Things like growing taller make no sense; what reason is there?

That aside, the prologue and epilogue cutscenes used Prerendered CGI while the mid-game cutscenes were done in-engine. It's a simple matter that they were made differently. Similar to why the prologue shows Spartan-II's wearing John's modified MK VI and having energy shields when they didn't or Locke having a BR55 Rifle in H2A despite the BR85 having replaced it before that point; resource sharing and such.

Also, the camera angles in the second video never give a clear shot of the two standing side-by-side. So there's that to account for.

Edited by BaconShelf

I just always assumed S-2's were way the hell taller than S-4's; I thought what Palmer said was simply sarcasm and the initial "height difference" was just camera angle tweaking. Although, it really did show the ginormous difference in the ending cutscene, I figured they just wanted to emphasize it for a tad more awe value.

I just always assumed S-2's were way the hell taller than S-4's; I thought what Palmer said was simply sarcasm and the initial "height difference" was just camera angle tweaking. Although, it really did show the ginormous difference in the ending cutscene, I figured they just wanted to emphasize it for a tad more awe value.

Spartan-II's equal roughly 7ft tall because they were given treatments during puberty. Spartan IV's are fully grown adults and this likely wont be given anything that messes with their bone structures, therefore giving them an average height of 6ft.

• 2 weeks later...

So i've been wondering about this question for so long. I don't know if anyone ever discuss or notice this but as I was watching the legendary ending for Halo 4 and i noticed that when Master Chief walked pass Palmer, he was wayyyyyyy taller than her.

But when i look back to the video when Palmer first met MC, MC had about the same height as Palmer

I think this might be the effect of what the Librarian did to MC? Or it's just some crappy job on the cut scenes? Any idea on this? I've been trying to find the answer for this question for so long.

thanks

thanks

343 just dropped the ball with the cinematics.

Truth is, they ruined everything about BEING a Spartan.

Hallsey took them as children to create the baddest bunch of soldiers known.

Now dumb ass can get augmented and jump in a suit.

The personality of the chief and the entire noble team in Reach is what they lost.

The pure bad assery and life long mission at hand no bull$hit focus that Spartans have is gone, and now it's like a bunch of candy ass jocks in battle armor.

One more thing, agent Locke is the worst offender! BAD move 343.

Spartan-II's equal roughly 7ft tall because they were given treatments during puberty. Spartan IV's are fully grown adults and this likely wont be given anything that messes with their bone structures, therefore giving them an average height of 6ft.

EXACTLY.

Palmer is a joke.

So are the Spartan 4's.

The chief and noble team are no nonsense bad a$$'s.

343 is ruining what it REALLY IS to be a Spartan.

It's more than just the suit and augmentation.

It's pure life long devotion from child hood that makes them so incredible at what they do.

Personality of Noble team? sorry wut?! ^

What personality.... we hardly knew any of them. :)

We know their roles, their names, their gender and that's about it.....

They had a lack of personality.....

Noble Team had plenty of personality.  You had to really listen to the dialog and the way the actors portrayed that dialog.  They had the same amount of personality as Chief did in Halo CE.  And while we're talking about personality...maybe you need to go back and watch some of the cut-scenes involving Chief.  Downes did an awful job trying to convey actual emotion.  Chief sounded monotone and robotic half the time.  If it we'rent for the fact that he has 4 solid titles in which he starred as the main character to date, he wouldn't have much personality or the appearance there-of.

^

I never said Chief was a good character but to be honest he wasn't....

Only in Halo 4 ( game wise ) did they make him interesting. 

But still, Noble has little personality, they were all killed off so quickly we hardly knew anything about them. :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace

• 4 weeks later...

Master Chief is not really 7 feet tall at all. He is 6"10 tall. Wearing his armor makes him 7' tall. I am pretty darn sure that he is taller in the ending scene, for that had bothered me since I first saw it! I have been pondering about it for a long while now. And here is what I think:

I think that the Librarian did make him taller. About a foot taller to be exact. What also makes him look taller is the fact that his armor looks smaller on him then before. If you look at and compare the chin of his helmet, to the top of the chest plate, you can see that the distance between is significantly bigger. If he looked down in the end sequence you would notice that the chin doesn't go past the top of the chest plate, like it normally does.

^

No he isn't taller, that cutscene was clearly just screwed up his height. :)

I cant believe people think he grew, in his armour, what did his armour grow too?!

If you actually read and understood my post, you would find that I clearly stated and described how it didn't grow and it stayed the same. Nothing is impossible.

^

What would be the point of him getting taller anyway?

That's the point that bugs me.... :)

Its pointless..... besides I still find it odd nobody noticed after a while..... You stop growing, height wise around 20 so some 40 year old Spartan suddenly starts growing and nobody notices?!