Battlefield: Hardline Beta played by 6 million people

Battlefield: Hardline Beta played by 6 million people

battlefield_hardline.jpg

With the Battlefield: Hardline Beta coming to its end, EA released a report stating that it has been played by more than 6 million people!

Needles to say the producer of Hardline and head of Visceral Steve Papoutsis is thrilled that so many people have given the beta a go and reported their feedback on their forums. He assures us even though the final release date is merely 5 weeks away that our feedback for the beta is being processed and implemented in the game.

"Now, I know what you’re asking yourself. We’re just five weeks away from the launch ofBattlefield Hardline, how could we possibly be acting on that feedback? Well,I can assure you we are. In fact, we’ve already been prioritizing changes for things fans are talking about. So you’ve still got a chance to be heard."

~Steve Papoutsis

With this staggering amount of people playing this beta it beats the former record holder Destiny, which had around 4,6 million people playing at its time and was the biggest beta on the new generation consoles, by a longshot. Though it should be noted that the Destiny Beta did not release on PC.

The beta ends tonight, which is the 9th of February, 9PM PST. So if you haven't tried this out yet or want a few more hours in, this is your chance. And don't forget to provide your feedback, even now!

The full game becomes available the 19th of March this year for the PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 4 and Playstation 3.

What was your opinion on the beta, and has it gotten you convinced to buy the game?

Let us know down below!

Thank you for reading! :D

Sources:

Eurogamer

EA

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

:Provides feedback:

Honestly Hardline plays like Bf4 dlc. A few new maps, weapons and modes. = Bf4 dlc

Certainly not worth the full asking price. I suggest waiting till the price goes down too something more reasonable. 

It also does not have much value if you played Bf4 a lot because its not that different.

It plays like a mix of Cod and Bf..... not something I look for in a Battlefield game.

If you have never played a Bf game before the asking price may be worth it to you.

But for a seasoned Bf player.... Its certainly a wait, unless you are craving for more Bf.

Even though Cod has found its way into the core gameplay now. :(

• Like 2

Great article, Peanut.

I think that Hardline will follow the trend that EA has set with Battlefield. These games have immense replay value. They also have extremely well written storylines. Put together the story with a beautiful multiplayer design, you get the best FPS out there. This game is not CoD. People are beginning to think that EA and DICE are going down that forbidden path. Unlike CoD, this game has creative level design accompanied with a multiplayer that I yearn to come back to each time I play. Hardline will continue the glorious franchise known as Battlefield. I expect excellence as the result. Going off the Beta this will be a game I purchase on launch day.

• Like 2

:Provides feedback:

Honestly Hardline plays like Bf4 dlc. A few new maps, weapons and modes. = Bf4 dlc

Certainly not worth the full asking price. I suggest waiting till the price goes down too something more reasonable. 

It also does not have much value if you played Bf4 a lot because its not that different.

It plays like a mix of Cod and Bf..... not something I look for in a Battlefield game.

If you have never played a Bf game before the asking price may be worth it to you.

But for a seasoned Bf player.... Its certainly a wait, unless you are craving for more Bf.

Even though Cod has found its way into the core gameplay now. :(

The core gameplay plays like... Battlefield, dude. And yeah, BFH was originally supposed to be DLC, but now that it's its own game, they obviously have added a lot. And remember that this is just a beta. Those three game modes? They will be included + at least like 5 other ones I'm pretty sure. We'll have way more maps, too. We'll get a nice cops n' robbers campaign -- and people are ignoring the fact that this is such a cool concept. They are still avoiding turning to sci-fi, while still keeping different. It's like an FPS GTA! (Screw GTA first-person mode. Really? lol) At least they're trying. I had a lot of fun, and I'm impressed by the weapon customization they offer as compared to Call of Duty. If you personally dislike the theme, I understand. But I don't see what dissappoints you, as it's only the beta. Because they won't give you the full multiplayer for free, lol.

• Like 1

Meh, I wasn't that bothered with the demo to be honest, I played it for 4-5 hours in total and I didn't enjoy it much, I got a quad feed which made me happy though. I wasn't bad either, I knew that on the bank heist the best thing to do was to rush the robbers spawn and gun them down in the hallway. I have got really bored with the Battlefield franchise, especially BF4 but then I haven't been a big fan of BF since Battlefield Bad Company 2, that game was fun. Maybe, that's just me being not as interested in FPS games as much anymore, it's probrobly why I only play Destiny, FPS wise it feels really good and it's a lot more fun shooting in Destiny than it is in COD and Battlefield... personally.

• Like 3

From my experience, I think the game is quite good. There are a few ridiculous things in it for example the shotguns are OP and melee swings are very slow.

Heist, in my opinion, isn't the best Battlefield had to feature. The start of the game is just a bloodbath. The criminals are almost impossible to stop getting into the vault. The police can easily camp the loot drop-offs and can easily snipe anyone around them.

Hotwire was my favourite from the beta. The objective vehicles were fast but couldn't take too much small arms fire. Grenade launchers made short work of any of the vehicles, especially the semi-truck. Really, if you didn't have a car, you waited for the vehicles to come near you. If you had a car, you chased the objectives. If you had a car and no gunners, well you're giving the people in the objective vehicles a free kill.

And Conquest was nothing new.