I used to hate Halo 4

SomeCreepinaVan

I am very proud to actually see someone come on here and tell me how simple it changed their mind on a game from just a few words.

You sir, are an inspiration to all of us. I agree with what you said. All of it, actually. It doesn't matter if the multiplayer isn't like the other Halo's, who cares? You just gotta play it for fun, just like you stated. That right there, made you an inspiration. You don't need a repetitive game to make it good. It just matters that you had fun.

I, sir, would like to say I hope your thread is seen by many others. Because one day, maybe you can change the way people look at the games. 

post-7524-0-56306000-1354505325.png

• Like 5

I am very proud to actually see someone come on here and tell me how simple it changed their mind on a game from just a few words.

You sir, are an inspiration to all of us. I agree with what you said. All of it, actually. It doesn't matter if the multiplayer isn't like the other Halo's, who cares? You just gotta play it for fun, just like you stated. That right there, made you an inspiration. You don't need a repetitive game to make it good. It just matters that you had fun.

I, sir, would like to say I hope your thread is seen by many others. Because one day, maybe you can change the way people look at the games. 

Thank you for the nice response.

I think a lot of people view Halo 2 and 3 through special rose tinted glasses or visors, and put it on a pedestal. Playing it again showed that it's not a perfect game, It too has it's problems. I'm just glad my friend got me back into the new Halo. I only played about 1 minute of the Halo 5 beta, as I was thinking this doesn't feel exactly like Halo 2, so I don't like.

That's great!! I thought the same thing, but after messing around with some stuff and playing longer I liked it. People don't like it because they say it's not their "same beloved Halo" when it's just a game, and games change. They also don't even provide facts, and in my opinion Halo 4 multiplayer is better than Halo 2 and 3, though not the campaign.

See, this is what I have been telling people for years. Halo 4 never needed to be like Halo 2 or Halo 3. Those games are their own beasts, you just have to enjoy what you have now for what it is. Halo 4 was by no means a bad game, people were just too stuck on the older games to even give it a chance. Reach had the same issues.

I am glad to see that you have come to enjoy it. Sure it isn't perfect, no game is but you are enjoying it none the less and that is what is important.

• Like 1

I am glad I came across a person that understands me. Halo 4 is from a different company with different goals for their version of Halo. It will not be the same as H2 or H3, because 343i is not Bungie nor, will it ever be.

Halo 4 should of gotten a fair shot at being taken seriously, but never really got that chance. I wish the Halo community as a whole would have understood that 343i was just dipping their hands in the Halo experience, and that future games would only be better. This is evidenced by the H5 beta, and hopefully the beta will translate into the actual game being even better.

Thanks man for a informative post!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a love hate relationship with this game.  I love it and I hate the nonsense that is "Loadouts"

There is an overdose on Loadouts, most are not even needed, some of them are just plain stupid.  And, that I hate about Halo 4.

Flinch should never have been added to the game, it is pure frustration, Wheelman is a complete joke, and not needed at all, you are playing a Spartan Super Soldier for craps sake :(  Theses are just a couple, but at least 40% of the Loadout items are just pure crap, not needed and in my opinion are there just to make Halo 4 dynamic.  Failed !!!

The Multiplayer is great, the Campaign is great, sadly Sp-Ops is no competition for Firefight, it lost its playability too quickly.  Whilst I would like to see a conclusion to the Sp-Ops storyline, I would rather prefer the return of Firfight.

I am planning a return to Halo 4 one day, as it has been at least 8 months since I last played.  Every where I look I see the number 117, I am thinking it is a hint.  Lol...

• 4 weeks later...

I'll say this:

Halo 4 is a great game.

It's just not such a good HALO game.

Changing the covenant language from English to. . . Whatever it is, was a mistake. I miss all the comical grunt and elite chatter.

The elites and grunts also look ridiculous. Halo Reach enemies looked the best to date.

I also felt like 343 was showboating with the level designs in some areas, where they could have put their focus more on maintaining the character design that Bungie started.

Also, what happened to Cortana?

She was sassy, calm, collected, and smoking perky hot!

Halo 4 Cortana is slouchy, shmoopy faced, and too much like William Shatner on family guy. (Extreme over acting)

Oh, and looks NOTHING like Dr Hallsey, as she is supposed to.

Now, the Cortana in MCC halo 2 anniversary is most definitely the best Cortana yet.

343 made her look GREAT in that game, except for looking like Dr Hallsey, but I'll forgive on account that they got all her curves RIGHT in ALL the right places.

;)

I'm pathetic.

I'm not a fan of the whole "playing during the cinematics" thing either.

When the chief needs to get back on the bridge and grenade the didact, and then blow the nuke?

Come on.

Let ME fight the didactic, THEN go to cinematics for the nuke detonation.

I just feel like it robs us of the REAL pleasure of kicking his a$$.

I'll say this:

Halo 4 is a great game.

Changing the covenant language from English to. . . Whatever it is, was a mistake. I miss all the comical grunt and elite chatter.

Because making the aliens speak alien is totally a bad thing, right? The fact that the Covenant client species spoke English at all in the first trilogy was stupid in the first place when considering that speaking the language, outside of decoding enemy transmissions, was a heresy in the Covenant.

The elites and grunts also look ridiculous. Halo Reach enemies looked the best to date.

And are still canon. Each fleet master had different styles and tactics, explaining the difference in designs. Te biology of the spices is literally a different phenotype- the same thing that dictates things like eye colour and such in humans. Asude from the Kig-Yar, where the ones from H4 are Ruuhtian Kig-Yar and are from a different continent of Eayn to the Ib'iesh Kig-Yar from the previous games. IIRC, anyway; there's three subspecies of Kig-Yar and I always get the names mixed up.

I also felt like 343 was showboating with the level designs in some areas, where they could have put their focus more on maintaining the character design that Bungie started.

What character design? There's only two characters from Bungie-era- one was basically a meat robot before 343 with no personality or emotion and the other was followed up on perfectly. Cortana's rampancy is something that has been dealt with since The Fall of Reach, and you see this rampancy all throughout Halo 3, Forward Unto Dawn and Origins.

Halo 4 Cortana is slouchy, shmoopy faced, and too much like William Shatner on family guy. (Extreme over acting)

See above.

Rampancy can cause AI to change forms.

Now, the Cortana in MCC halo 2 anniversary is most definitely the best Cortana yet.

343 made her look GREAT in that game, except for looking like Dr Hallsey, but I'll forgive on account that they got all her curves RIGHT in ALL the right places.

;)

Blur*

343 did the Cortana that was in the in-game engine on the level Gravemind. Everything else was Blur.

I'm pathetic.

Yes.

I'm not a fan of the whole "playing during the cinematics" thing either.

When the chief needs to get back on the bridge and grenade the didact, and then blow the nuke?

Come on.

Let ME fight the didactic, THEN go to cinematics for the nuke detonation.

I just feel like it robs us of the REAL pleasure of kicking his a$$.

Didact*

Because the Didact's armour is at least 6 times as powerful as John's- he was told to upgrade to at least a class-12 combat skin by 343GS, and that MJOLNIR only registered as a Class-2. Presumably, the foremost commander of the forerunner military would have a lot more protection than a class twelve.

FYI, the Forerunners would be absolutely OP to fight in-game; this is a civilisation whose standard warfare includes blowing up entire star systems easily, and using infantry weapons that can dismantle a continent. There is no way any human not using a War Sphinx or something similar could even begin to fight something of that magnitude. Plus, the Didact wasn't killed in Halo 4, not was he killed 3 days later when an entire section of I03 was detonated and sent into the gravity of a gas giant, with six composers going off around him after being stabbed right in the eye by John.

The Didact would be too difficult/ impossible to reperesent in gameplay without ruining his power and turning him into a destiny 'boss battle' that is literally just waiting for something specific to happen and then spamming bullets. And Tartarus wasn't fun to fight.

Edited by BaconShelf

The covenant spoke alien in Reach, as reach was a prequel to the halo trilogy.

THEN they learned English.

So technically, they DID speak alien originally.

Didn't mean to get you all halo universal on things like rampancy causing ai's to change form and the strength of the didacts armor and background.

But while you mentioned it, you're right. It was ridiculous for 343 to make this game about the chief beating the didact (dead or not) given his strength and technology.

He would have simply crushed the chief in the beginning or as soon as he felt necessary, and it would be over.

So yea, 343 should have made a different game all together, because THIS simply wouldn't have happened. As you said, the didact would have just stopped it.

*dusts off hands*

Personally, I think that 343 should have just rebooted the series and started over.

The messed up the halo world making this game.

The grunts sound like constipated toddlers, and the elites look ridiculous.

Do you even know the timeline between the games? You're saying an entire empire of near a trillion citizens learned a new language in two ******* weeks? are you ******* kidding me? UNSC translation technology exists, yes, but considering that the Sangheili and Unggoy and Kig-Yar seen in Halo 4 come from different worlds; they speak a different ******* dialect!aube you should actually go and read some pages on halopedia before making assumptions about subjects you don't know about.

Didn't mean to get you all halo universal on things like rampancy causing ai's to change form and the strength of the didacts armor and background.

But while you mentioned it, you're right. It was ridiculous for 343 to make this game about the chief beating the didact (dead or not) given his strength and technology.

He would have simply crushed the chief in the beginning or as soon as he felt necessary, and it would be over.

He was only 'defeated' because Cortana used his ship against him, trapping him in Hardlight bonds that he still managed to break. Without that, John would have died.

So yea, 343 should have made a different game all together, because THIS simply wouldn't have happened. As you said, the didact would have just stopped it.

*dusts off hands*

Personally, I think that 343 should have just rebooted the series and started over.

They're playing the hand that Bungie dealt. Don't like it? Feel free to get off at any time. Ultinately, they're making an effort to make the alien anatomy look 'realistic', and show off that not all aliens look the same; the Sangheili are just as diverse as humans; there is literally nothing wrong with showing that off. It only expands te universe, which is never a bad thing.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 1

My deepest apologies professor shelf.

I didn't mean to offend you by mixing up a few things in YOUR precious universe.

You REALLY do work for 343 don't you.

Jeepers.

I thought this board was for fun.

Try NOT taking these discussions so seriously.

Why? Again, this is a franchise that I love (story-wise) and I'm going to take it seriously.

Namely, the complaints which are baseless and unfounded. What's worse? The fact that 343i have actually built the Sangheili language (IE what you hear in H4 is not jibber ish, it is a language with words and syntax and other rules) or tht your grunts don't say stupid stuff? Personally, I'd say the latter kills immersion completely.

One doesn't have to work for 343 to know a lot about the lore.

• Like 1

Bungie created the best of the halo games.

Halo 4 was bottom shelf as halo games go.

The grunt talk was a hilarious part of the first 3 games, and odst, and shouldn't have been messed with in my opinion.

It wasn't me that started the offending.

To ALL halo lovers of old and new, enjoy the games, books, fan fic, movies, etc.

Just remember, it IS ALL fiction, and only for fun.

I'm sorry you'll never get live in that universe professor shelf.

I'll say this:

Halo 4 is a great game.

;)

I'm pathetic.

1) Covenant language was switched from English to an advanced dialect of Sangheili that is the actual lingua francha of the Covenant.

2)Every species does not look the same. You and me look different. Same for the Sangheili and Unggoy. It's just that budget results in one enemy phenotype per game but that will change in Halo 5.

3)Doctor Halsey was not always old and Cortana switched her Avatar in Halo 4 because she just chose to.

4)You could have never beaten the Didact in an 1v1 as demonstrated by Cortana needing to use Hardlight in order to constrain him for a short amount of time. An 1v1 would have been even less possible with a BR.

*dusts off hands*

Omg...

The Covies knew English since before the Human Covenant War.

Also the Sangheili in the original halo games spoke gibberish in Halo: CE and English in the rest because Bungie did not have a language for them. Then they switched to gibberish in Reach and finally 343i gave them their own lingua francha which Unggoy, Sangheili and Mgalekgolo have been speaking in Halo 4, Halo 4: FUD, Halo Nightfall and hopefully Halo 5: Guardians. And why the cat would an alien Empire speak English?

I want to see your face when you see different Kig-Yar subspecies in Halo 5 and when you also get to see that all aliens don't look the same as there are at least 3 Sangheili distinct models in that game. You didn't of course complain when we got a total of 6 Sangheili phenotypes in Halo MCC, 4 of which were in Halo 2 Anniversary.

The grunt talk was a hilarious part of the first 3 games, and odst, and shouldn't have been messed with in my opinion.

To ALL halo lovers of old and new, enjoy the games, books, fan fic, movies, etc.

The difference between Grunt in Bungie games and 343i games lies in the following.

1)Unggoy in the first 4 Bungie game said ridiculous stuff in English and were used as a comedy element. In Reach they spoke in gibberish. Now post Halo 4 they speak in an alien language saying stuff about bleeding you to death.

2)Sure it's for fan. It does not mean though that a franchise as large as halo is to be taken as a joke, 343i aims for a more mature story and is building a universe meant to feel alive unlike Bungie's shallow approach to storytelling.

• Like 1

So I'm in the wrong because I don't want something added in 'for teh lulz' and want something taken seriously? The grunts take all immersion out of an otherwise serious plot revolving a round the themes of genocide and galactic extinction.

• 4 weeks later...