Monty Oum

TDM

Dear, 343i Community Forum friends, and family,

As a good majority of us know, Rooster Teeth's very own animator, and over all family member Monty Oum has passed away, just recently.

I'd like to give a brief reminder, to please send Monty's family your wishes, and to be considerate of their privacy. Also, to give Rooster Teeth a break, as this was very sudden for them as well.

We, the members - The family, of this forum shall keep this close to our subconscious, and as a reminder to never forget, truly, how a small thing can take someone very easily.

We need not ask, anymore, 'Why are we here?', As Monty, our friend, has found us the answer. He accomplished a lot in his life span, and we should all be proud of his accomplishments, those who like watching RvB's animated segments, all the way to RWBY.

Let us never forget this tragic happening.

And most importantly, let's all look towards the future...

We'll miss you Monty. -343 Industries Community Forum

post-71054-0-64399100-1422933683_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

I never really heard much about Monty, until I went onto RT's website, I feel really bad upon their lose of a really great friend and co-worker. But there is no need for sorrow, only memories of the ones who've passed away, the only thing you can do is hope that RT can keep him in the ginormous brains.

Monty Oum, the legend of Rooster Teeth.

He was there, creating all that amazing combat footage that we see in Red vs Blue and RWBY. He may seems like a master of combat, but the man just liked dancing. You may have even seen him once, playing Dance Dance Revolution on Facebook. Monty loved animating things, he couldn't get enough of it. He'd like to finish one project, then move onto another. You may have seen some of his Dead Fantasy Episodes. The first video I watched that was produced by Monty was 'Haloid'. I had no idea what it was about all those years ago, and I only realised it was made by Monty just yesterday after flicking through some of his past history.

His death is a major loss, that I continue struggling to believe. It happened too fast, and too soon. He was far too young, and completely innocent. Life had nothing on him, why take him away? He had so much creativity, and his works are an inspiration to many. Looking over Monty's life, it feels like he's still alive, and his death had never happened. My heart and soul is with Monty and his wife and family. Out of this, there may be one good thing; Monty can rest in peace with his Mother, who passed away a couple of years back.

Monty said to keep moving forward, so we shall carry out this statement, and keep moving forward. We will accomplish what we dream to achieve, in honour of Monty. His death, will not be in vein. 

R.I.P Monty, I will post a tribute video after I have completed it.

tumblr_inline_mr9wxwtbJY1qz4rgp.jpg

Oh Monty...

tumblr_mxx1kspfRO1ri8iwdo1_500.jpg

Edited by RIP Monty Oum