Forward Unto Dawn VS Halo: Nightfall

Onsokumaru

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which film was better?

• Forward Unto Dawn?
    • Halo: Nightfall

With Halo: Nightfall completed and soon to release on Blu-Ray/DVD what are your thoughts between Halo: Nightfall and Forward Unto Dawn. Both films being two different stories, which did you like better? Which was a better cast? And of course which had a better storyline? Halo: Nightfall did really well getting us all ready for Halo 5 by introducing Agent Locke and giving us an idea of his actions. Nightfall also had amazing filming locations and special effects and they had an amazing cast! Forward Unto Dawn was also a great film as it focused around Lasky, and also the Master Chief himself! One thing Forward Unto Dawn had that made the film great was the costumes and props! The film had amazing costumes for the Spartans and Marines! And the iconic appearance of the the Warthog! At the end of the film if you take a closer look you can notice that the armor that the two Spartans armor were also featured in the Halo: Reach Live-Action Trailer "Deliver Hope", the only difference is that they are repainted and new features were added to the armor. Halo: Nightfall had amazing makeup details and displayed new props, for example the amazing details shown on the DMR and the visors on their helmets. Both films do feature a number of covenant units including the Energy Sword wielding Elites. Both films have their own good and bad moments but which movie stood out to you the most? Which film did you like better?

Leave your opinion below!  

Edited by Onsokumaru
  • Like 3

In my personal opinion i will always prefer FuD over Nightfall. 

I felt that FuD was just better overall. Be it acting, set dressing, you name it. 

FuD felt more emotional, i could better relate to the characters. Whereas Nightfall felt a tad bit rushed.

In the end, I prefer FuD over Nightfall any day.

300px-FUD_-_Beamish_portrait.png

^Also this. 

Picked Nightfall.

Although both are really good. Forward unto Dawn didn't have much effect on me whereas Nightfall really had its moments along the way. Especially where Aiken shows his ball and carries the bomb into the sunset.

Both tied in with their respective game and although Halo 5 isn't out yet I feel as Locke ties in a little more than Lasky.

• Like 2

All I can say is Nightfall was cheesy in the first episode when that Sangheili alien was doing that shady trade for the weird device. I mean... he was wearing a sweater. lol What alien wears sweaters? xD

They're Aliens. They're clothing does not conform to Human standards 500 years from now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Forward unto dawn was way better.

Nightfall was a waste of money and time.

Zero Locke development in the film.

It was like, here he is, and that's it folks.

How are we supposed to WANT to play as Locke in the upcoming game?

He's a wimp compared to the chief, yet 343 is trying to compare them as equals having Locke "hunt" the chief.

PLEASE!

Back to the topic, nightfall had too many mistakes in it.

A major one is the temperature on the halo chunk.

They said 130° at night, 900°+ in the day.

The guy with the nuke at the end would have bust into flames, and fried to ashes in seconds when the sun came up.

And during the the rest of the movie, at night, barley anyone is sweating or drinking any water, or even noticing the 130° temp.

Whoever wrote the film needs to give his/her money back that they were paid for the job. It was a joke.

I had hopes since it was done by Ridley Scott. Sorry Mr Scott, MAJOR fail.

Forward unto dawn was way better.

Nightfall was a waste of money and time.

Zero Locke development in the film.

It was like, here he is, and that's it folks.

How are we supposed to WANT to play as Locke in the upcoming game?

He's a wimp compared to the chief, yet 343 is trying to compare them as equals having Locke "hunt" the chief.

PLEASE!

Back to the topic, nightfall had too many mistakes in it.

A major one is the temperature on the halo chunk.

They said 130° at night, 900°+ in the day.

The guy with the nuke at the end would have bust into flames, and fried to ashes in seconds when the sun came up.

And during the the rest of the movie, at night, barley anyone is sweating or drinking any water, or even noticing the 130° temp.

Whoever wrote the film needs to give his/her money back that they were paid for the job. It was a joke.

I had hopes since it was done by Ridley Scott. Sorry Mr Scott, MAJOR fail.

It isn't an instant change from cold-hot or vice versa. When the sun rises in the morning, does it go from being -2 to 20 instantly? No. It doesn't. It's a gradual process, which would have taken minutes; the heat wouldn't set him on fire, anyway. The liquid water in his body would begin to boil, and the ground would begin to bake, burning his feet. He would be unconscious in a few minutes, dead a few minutes later. Regardless, he literally looked at the star for a few seconds then detonated a thermonuclear weapon. 

This is the equivalent of saying stepping into space causes you to explode. Total exaggeration.

In space, you'd have ten seconds of consciousness and another 80 seconds of being alive before all the liquids in your body have evaporated due to the low pressure, but you'd be unconscious long before that happens.

What we should be more worried about is the shocking amount of inconsitencies regarding the 'element' from Nightfall;

Called element 120 in one Second Story, a compound in another, a pathogen in yet another source and then somehow the UNSC can scan an entire galaxy for one element. An element that would be highly unstable and quickly (IE in a few seconds) decay into smaller atoms, such as Uranium or Lead. There's a reason elements 111+ have not been confirmed; because we can only create them by smashing atoms together in facilities like CERN before they decay almost instantly. The Autumn would not have high temperatures sufficient to fuse elements to get to 120; a star can only reach temperatures hot enough to fuse up to Iron, when it is going Supernova (IE greatest heat and pressure that you can get outside of a quasar or black hole) and it still can't fuse two irons together to make something new. So the thing is just a complete cluster**** of 'we don't know our science' going on.

GG Mr. Scott. GG. Now go make Alien 5 good.