Halowaypoint: Corrupt Moderation

zRexx

Has anyone else been banned unfairly from Halo Waypoint? I was banned for "using multiple accounts", and the monitor, DeepCee, linked me to a few xbox live accounts that were on my console, but I myself never even used them on waypoint (or even logged into them for that matter). So essentially I was banned on Halowaypoint for something that I did not do on Halowaypoint. How can you just ban someone because they have multiple accounts on their console? For starters, just because there are two accounts on the same console or IP doesn't mean they're the same person, it's called having a shared computer or console.

With my rant over, does anyone know of any specific incidents of corrupt moderation on there? I'm looking for people to help me out and try to get a few corrupt moderators removed from their status, including DeepCee and anyone else that people have had problems with. All I want to do is try and put an end to the corruption, seeing as waypoint is the main Halo site.

• Like 1

^

I think the Admins are just as corrupt, no? :D

The admins are 343 Industries themselves.

That entire site could use an overhaul. The reason I don't go there is for that reason. Besides, why would I ever leave our mods? They're just so awesome :heart:

You think I should quit HaloWaypoint and move here? I mean, I have the ability of making a new account and altering my IP so I become undetectable, but is it worth the energy, or would you say this is actually the superior forums?

You think I should quit HaloWaypoint and move here? I mean, I have the ability of making a new account and altering my IP so I become undetectable, but is it worth the energy, or would you say this is actually the superior forums?

Halo Waypoint is very 343i centered, you can get to them directly there (though it is harder than it sounds). We are a community forum, and have very few official connections. However, it would be great to have you stick around, even if you still want to get in touch with the REAL 343i.

• Like 1

That's up to you, but I know that you can voice opinions a little more openly here, and the community is more relaxed the HW. I wouldn't say we are superior, as we're not official like Waypoint, but I think you would enjoy yourself more here.

Again, the choice is yours ^_^

• Like 1

Sorry, but I disagree with everything being said about our forum. With the newest influx of members, and some existing ones, the thread style and hostility of the standard Waypoint membership is definately what we are seeing here. While our Moderators are very flexible, I also see a lot of premptive "jumping in" done by them during current thread conversations, when no intervention is really needed.

While one could argue they are at times simply putting out a smolder before a fire erupts, you might as well go one step further and just disarm everyone of fire making ability. My point is, Moderators should only step in ONCE a thread has reached that level, not before.

As for connections with 343i we collectively have none. Only a handfull of of members (me included), have direct access, ties or affiliation with 343i. For all direct, inderect or contact hopes you should always make Waypoint your first priority.

• Like 1

Has anyone else been banned unfairly from Halo Waypoint? I was banned for "using multiple accounts", and the monitor, DeepCee, linked me to a few xbox live accounts that were on my console, but I myself never even used them on waypoint (or even logged into them for that matter). So essentially I was banned on Halowaypoint for something that I did not do on Halowaypoint. How can you just ban someone because they have multiple accounts on their console? For starters, just because there are two accounts on the same console or IP doesn't mean they're the same person, it's called having a shared computer or console.

With my rant over, does anyone know of any specific incidents of corrupt moderation on there? I'm looking for people to help me out and try to get a few corrupt moderators removed from their status, including DeepCee and anyone else that people have had problems with. All I want to do is try and put an end to the corruption, seeing as waypoint is the main Halo site.

DeepCee has no friends, and has never had a friend in his entire life. He can't possibly comprehend their being more than 1 user per Xbox. Also, why would you care about being banned on that site. It's filled with adolescents that have no clue about what they are talking about.

Sorry, but I disagree with everything being said about our forum. With the newest influx of members, and some existing ones, the thread style and hostility of the standard Waypoint membership is definately what we are seeing here. While our Moderators are very flexible, I also see a lot of premptive "jumping in" done by them during current thread conversations, when no intervention is really needed.

While one could argue they are at times simply putting out a smolder before a fire erupts, you might as well go one step further and just disarm everyone of fire making ability. My point is, Moderators should only step in ONCE a thread has reached that level, not before.

As for connections with 343i we collectively have none. Only a handfull of of members (me included), have direct access, ties or affiliation with 343i. For all direct, inderect or contact hopes you should always make Waypoint your first priority.

Please release the names of the devs that couldn't properly port a 14 year old game and are responsible for making people like the creators of halobugs.com take time out of their day to create a site like halobugs.com to point out the mistakes that the devs made.

People like playing games, not having to waste their personal time to encourage devs to fix their mistakes which should never have been there in the first place but yet 3 months later.....

Just stay here, it's a much better forum. Also, nice to see you signed up zRexx.

Please release the names of the devs that couldn't properly port a 14 year old game and are responsible for making people like the creators of halobugs.com take time out of their day to create a site like halobugs.com to point out the mistakes that the devs made.

People like playing games, not having to waste their personal time to encourage devs to fix their mistakes which should never have been there in the first place but yet 3 months later.....

You know I can't do that man, as much as I would like to. I take trust and my collective contacts that I have acquired over the last 15 years very seriously. Besides, I got massive amounts of school work going on. I likely won't be around much in the coming year due to my studies.

• 1 month later...

ok i know i might anger some people on here but imo Halowaypoint forums are for the die hard halo fan boys 

this site is more for the normal fans and even normal fanboys  so in answer to your question i would say this site is better

Edited by AnimeAddict

• 3 weeks later...

Halo Waypoint is very 343i centered, you can get to them directly there (though it is harder than it sounds). We are a community forum, and have very few official connections. However, it would be great to have you stick around, even if you still want to get in touch with the REAL 343i.

I don't know about you but I've had many PM conversations with BS Angel and GrimBrotherOne, the latter is also very active in the universe board. Grim is a pretty cool guy.

I don't know about you but I've had many PM conversations with BS Angel and GrimBrotherOne, the latter is also very active in the universe board. Grim is a pretty cool guy.

Yea I've seen a few of the mods on Waypoint actually be really friendly. (I think I played with one of them back in a HaloCustoms lobby in 2014) Its a shame everyone thinks theyre evil doers. Some of them are just normal people

Yea I've seen a few of the mods on Waypoint actually be really friendly. (I think I played with one of them back in a HaloCustoms lobby in 2014) Its a shame everyone thinks theyre evil doers. Some of them are just normal people

Well I actually listed some 343i employees; GrimBrother is the community manager for the universe/ lore stuff and writes the Canon Fodder articles.

I don't use there forums so, I wouldn't know. I just use it to check my stats and learn more about the Halo Lore, which they don't have much of, on that site.

Actually, the universe section of the site with the index has a great deal of info, with 4 articles added/ week.

Well I actually listed some 343i employees; GrimBrother is the community manager for the universe/ lore stuff and writes the Canon Fodder articles.

Actually, the universe section of the site with the index has a great deal of info, with 4 articles added/ week.

GrimBrother does Canon Fodder? I actuallly didnt know that woaw. They're cleverly written and thats great. #TIL

GrimBrother does Canon Fodder? I actuallly didnt know that woaw. They're cleverly written and thats great. #TIL

Yeah, Jeff's a kewl guy.

A lot of the guys on archive consider him the community manager as opposed to bravo. Who does jack all tht isn't related to the multiplayer side of stuff.

• 8 months later...

That's up to you, but I know that you can voice opinions a little more openly here, and the community is more relaxed the HW. I wouldn't say we are superior, as we're not official like Waypoint, but I think you would enjoy yourself more here.

Again, the choice is yours ^_^

You're tellin me! I just got banned over there at HWP for insisting the lag and connection issues belonged to 343. They reported me for spam using all of my posts as "evidence" then the mod says "I'm having the same issue dude". The frack you aren't! Not when I look and you have a just about perfect service record, you are just full of crap.

• 1 month later...

ok in october 2015 i created an account i commented on a thread where someone was getting trolled bad i was trying to defend the guy , i then got trolled a moderator fed into it and also bashed the opening poster so i reported the mod for trolling i then got a 24 suspension (false reports) by a mod in the same spartan squad (clan) as the mod i reported so i waited the 23 hours i log into waypoint to a permanent ban till the year 2552 for threatening violence (a false reason) i got no email of the waypoint suspension , then my xbox account both my offline silver (never was gold its a guest account) was permanently banned for same thing as waypoint and my primary (only one i use) was suspended same thing (harassment) for 14days ( i ended up changing the email address associated with the account and removing the old email also i changed the gamertag as well because i was recieving messages from 4 waypoint mods all are apart of the same spartan squad making threats etc on xbox live so i blocked all 4 of them) 

I knew waypoint was bad but that was an understatement !!!

• Like 1