Top Ten Worst Games of 2014!

VinWarrior

Arachny, I never said that graphics are what make a game, but if I had the choice of playing a game with 14 year old graphics on the original xbox, or playing an updated version that has the exact same gameplay on a current gen console, obviously I'm going to choose the newer version. If 2 games have the same gameplay but significantly different graphics, most people would choose the updated one.

I can say that I would play the newer mario, because the gameplay is so similar, I get more enjoyment out of the updated content.

You can't sit there and tell me that you would rather play the original Halo 2 over H2A.

Older consoles do have enjoyable games, but for the ones that have remakes, you're more likely to play the remake. I never once said that all old games suck because of graphics. I'm saying that if there is an updated version of a game, you're going to play that over the older version, because at that point the main difference is graphics.

I never stated that a good game requires good graphics, I said that remakes with updated graphics are more enjoyable to play because their not visually painful to look at. CE is a fun game, but it looks absolutely terrible. CEA is the same amount of fun, but it looks less terrible. It makes sense.

• Like 2

Ash, I choose to play origonal Halo 2 over H2A every single day. Content is not what was being discussed with Mario. And atraight to the point, every single Mario title is recycled repeating gameplay. I get more enjoyment playing Super Mario World over any sequel released. Graphics are a preference that you simply seem to prefer over actual story and gameplay. That is evident by your CE comment. Does the updated graphics improve your skill level, enhance the already existing story or improve it's replay value? No it does not.

Said observation and comment is supported by the fact that even though CEA is available for play on the Xbox 360, there are 10x more players playing it on PC and Original Xbox today, over XBC and Xlink Kai. Therefore, supporting the claim somewhat, that graphics do absolutely nothing to enhance a game that already has a solid gameplay foundation.

As for Metal Gear Ed, you completely ignored the fact that you got a very nice 120 point articulate figure with MGZ for what you paid. A bonus item like that alone would fetch double what you paid for the game on ebay now I'm sure.

Edit..... Attached an Ebay seller for the exact same toy you got for basically free...

post-4732-0-14607900-1422547553_thumb.png

Ash, I choose to play origonal Halo 2 over H2A every single day. Content is not what was being discussed with Mario. And atraight to the point, every single Mario title is recycled repeating gameplay. I get more enjoyment playing Super Mario World over any sequel released. Graphics are a preference that you simply seem to prefer over actual story and gameplay. That is evident by your CE comment. Does the updated graphics improve your skill level, enhance the already existing story or improve it's replay value? No it does not.

Said observation and comment is supported by the fact that even though CEA is available for play on the Xbox 360, there are 10x more players playing it on PC and Original Xbox today, over XBC and Xlink Kai. Therefore, supporting the claim somewhat, that graphics do absolutely nothing to enhance a game that already has a solid gameplay foundation.

As for Metal Gear Ed, you completely ignored the fact that you got a very nice 120 point articulate figure with MGZ for what you paid. A bonus item like that alone would fetch double what you paid for the game on ebay now I'm sure.

Edit..... Attached an Ebay seller for the exact same toy you got for basically free...

That's your choice, your preference, and I forgot how obsessed you are with Halo 2 PC. My apologies.

Now onto Mario, I simply meant content as in textures, not actual gameplay.

And yeah, I love good graphics for a game, but story and gameplay are just as important, and I never said that they weren't.

I don't know why you brought up the 360, since I'm talking about the MCC version, the most recent. And more people are playing CEA on that then on PC and the old xbox. That's clear as day.

Now our opinions and preferences are our own, but if graphics didn't do anything to compliment gameplay, then why have over 15 million different people bought current gen consoles? If they didn't matter, more people would've stuck with games like Halo on the 360, or even on the original xbox. But they didn't. Why? Because while people like good gameplay, they want to play a game with stunning visuals. And old consoles can't offer that.

If graphics didn't matter, then why do remakes have such good sales? Games like Tomb Raider and Last of Us that are story driven games. It's clear that you're in the minority of people, who don't think that graphics matter, when they do just as much as story and gameplay.

Lastly, I don't know why you make it sounds like I think graphics are the only thing that matter in a game.. I think they are about as important as gameplay and story, but nothing above that.

P.S~ It's fun debating with you, since you actually can counter with points, but don't overdo it, since this is just a friendly argument. ^_^

Edit~ I feel like this argument doesn't belong here, so mods let us know if you want us to stop. 

Edited by Ash
  • Like 4

That's your choice, your preference, and I forgot how obsessed you are with Halo 2 PC. My apologies.

Now onto Mario, I simply meant content as in textures, not actual gameplay.

And yeah, I love good graphics for a game, but story and gameplay are just as important, and I never said that they weren't.

I don't know why you brought up the 360, since I'm talking about the MCC version, the most recent. And more people are playing CEA on that then on PC and the old xbox. That's clear as day.

Now our opinions and preferences are our own, but if graphics didn't do anything to compliment gameplay, then why have over 15 million different people bought current gen consoles? If they didn't matter, more people would've stuck with games like Halo on the 360, or even on the original xbox. But they didn't. Why? Because while people like good gameplay, they want to play a game with stunning visuals. And old consoles can't offer that.

If graphics didn't matter, then why do remakes have such good sales? Games like Tomb Raider and Last of Us that are story driven games. It's clear that you're in the minority of people, who don't think that graphics matter, when they do just as much as story and gameplay.

Lastly, I don't know why you make it sounds like I think graphics are the only thing that matter in a game.. I think they are about as important as gameplay and story, but nothing above that.

P.S~ It's fun debating with you, since you actually can counter with points, but don't overdo it, since this is just a friendly argument. ^_^

Edit~ I feel like this argument doesn't belong here, so mods let us know if you want us to stop. 

I agree with you on your note of personal preference and opinion.

That is your opinion, and obviously I'm not going to win an argument over it.

I'm stating that I like older versions, the graphics aren't the reason. Nostalgia is the reason. Remakes making more money aren't because of graphics. Don't ever say that. It's because of people not being able to play the original anymore, or it's because of achievements, or it's because they want to play the online. Graphics don't necessarily make a good game. Don't ever bring graphics into an argument, they're literally just a preference.

For your argument on current gen consoles, it's literally for the newer games and features. Not everyone buys them. I bought my Wii U and Xbox One for the games. Sure, they might have good graphics. Those are just complements. For my Wii U I bought game remakes, like the original LoZ, the graphics on that are 8-bit. And before you argue on that, there's graphic remakes and there's game remakes. Graphic remakes are the game's remade only with better graphics, game remakes are the games brought over and adjusted to fit with the console. Game remakes are the same graphics.

Halo MCC is the worst game of 2014. It's been 3 months and still there are players that can't find an online game with and open NAT.

Halo MCC is a lot of fun therefore it's not the worse, it just has bugs that can't be fixed in a day, it takes time and many people are having fun on it.

I personally haven't played any of these games, which is probably why I like all my games :P

MCC should have been on this list.  Obvious biased is involved since it wasn't listed given it's massive amount of issues that STIL remain.  Metal Gear and Elder Scrolls don't deserve to be on the list.  Metal Gear, as you stated, Zero's was too short.  Realize that Zero was meant as a side story filler until Phantom Pain releases.  it was never meant as a full fledged MG entry.  In terms of story and content, it is on equal footing with Spartan Assault.  Funny how no mention of those Top Down abortion Halo games were mentioned.  Just the fact that you got an awesome Figuring and the packaging of the MGZ game...made it worth while for the small price tag.

Halo CEA is kind of the same.  Why pay for a game I played 10 years ago with mediocre graphics running on top of the old ones?  Graphics don't make it more fun.

Which brings me to Elder Scrolls.  Elder Scrolls is a long lasting fun franchise that delivered on combat.  The graphics are not bad either given the good amount of LOD included in the complete open world environment.  Watchdogs should have been on the list before MG or ES any day of the week.

I don't think it should be on the list. Halo has been with us for 10 years now, Halo 1-3 specifically are old games and then 4 which is the most rescent. They are not new games, just old games thrown together into a collection with some being graphically enhanced (Halo 2 was the most graphically enhanced out of the lot but there were some touches here and there with Halo 3 and 4, maybe 1), so it shouldn't be on the list. Whilst the MCC collection has had many issues, we can't complain too much. The fact we can play the old Halo games on new gen is awesome. Yes the multiplayer has issues, we all know that. But, the single player is completely fine to my knowledge. 343i are well aware of the issues, so it's just a matter of time. I do agree that 343i working on Halo 5 at the same time as the MCC, I think was too much for them. I could play the Halo story for hours, so missing out on multiplayer does suck but it's not something that annoys me. Halo is one of the best games ever made, and has one of the most unique stories made. The MCC is not a game that deserves to be the worst game of 2014, especially because it's 4 games, and you can't completely right off the Halo campaign due to multiplayer issues.

I agree that Elder Scrolls and Metal Gear Solid shouldn't be on the list, there are worse games. Elder Scrolls did have issues and many bugs but Elder Scrolls has history unlike many games that have come out this year and to add it had amazing voice acting from what I remember. Though I do understand why it was on the list, I can't completely disagree but there are worse games that came out in 2014. As for MGS, yes it was short but it was fun. I agree it shouldn't have been on this list. If people waited, it would have been a descent price for what you paid for. The original price for the 1 mission was a joke but I think that's where most of the complaints came in. It's was a good short or long mission depending on how you played it, just over-priced.

Getting to your point about Halo CE, you don't have to buy it. Obviously, Halo CE was where it all started with Halo and still to this day people love it. It's a game that reminds people of their childhood (That's what I think about anyway, other people may have other reasons to have remembered Halo CE), and now that it's back with greater inhanced graphics which within the Halo world it's just beautiful, how can you complain? You're not forced to buy it, Halo CE is there for those who miss playing the first ever Halo, it's there for those who never got to experience it and it's there for everyone to enjoy, even the newbies to the Halo franchise. I'll make a pass on the Library mission though, that mission was boring to look at. Also with CE you can choose between new and old graphics, everybody is a winner.

I get that graphics don't make a game fun, but when it's applied to Halo CE, hell yeah it's going to make the experience more fun. Times have changed and a majority of us love the graphical upgrades, to make our virtual worlds gorgious and it keeps people more interested, especially when playing a game that's 10 years old. I love both worlds, depending on what game it is of course. A good example I can give you would be Killzone Shadow Fall. The graphics in that game are by far some of the best I've ever seen on console, crazy good. Whilst I know the characters are boring, the story is average (The Killzone world itself is amazing though) but not that interesting, upon other things, the game to me is one of my favourites because of the world you play in and the intense graphics. As I stated, the good thing with CE is that you can change between new and old graphics.

Oh and yeah, I don't have a comment on Halo Spartan Assualt, wasn't interested the slightest. Oh and this is the only comment I looked at, so If I've missed something point it out.

Edited by ShockGazm
  • Like 1

ESO wasnt really that fun for me compared to skyrim, normally these games are about the player and how the world bends to your whim, but ESO doesnt give me that feeling, i do like to play it though, but bethesda is making another game to be a follow up for skyrim, leaving Zenimax with ESO,  rumors so far say its "black marsh" as their next target, ill be playing fallout 4 when its out, cant wait for that

ESO wasnt really that fun for me compared to skyrim, normally these games are about the player and how the world bends to your whim, but ESO doesnt give me that feeling, i do like to play it though, but bethesda is making another game to be a follow up for skyrim, leaving Zenimax with ESO,  rumors so far say its "black marsh" as their next target, ill be playing fallout 4 when its out, cant wait for that

ESO was never meant to feel like Skyrim, as someone who has been playing the games since daggerfall, I expected a lot more from Skyrim. It is a good game,  but I finished it 100 % in three weeks. It is a more linear game than other Elder scrolls games and in terms of mechanic it's one he weakest.

Bethesda is currently working with ID on Doom there is no news about a new Elder Scrolls game and Bethesda and Zenimax worked together on ESO it's being managed by Zenimax.

Fallout 4 is a game I am hopig to hear some news for since Bethesda is not giving anything away.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I will pick up another new MGS game until they bring back David Hayter. I can not believe that they made "Jack Bauer" that

Kiefer Sutherland 24 guy into the mix for Snake! I am like so annoyed at this.

I don't think I will pick up another new MGS game until they bring back David Hayter. I can not believe that they made "Jack Bauer" that

Kiefer Sutherland 24 guy into the mix for Snake! I am like so annoyed at this.

In al fairness, big boss ain't solid snake and while his character development is focused upon this. Changing the voice actor was a strange choice, but as someone who has been and still is a long time fan of the series, they picked a great voice voor big boss. Not to mention that there are rumors that Solid Snake will make an appearance. 

If you play ground zeroes you will notice that this snake is not the Solid snake or naked snake we know.  Keither Sutherland delivers a unique voice to an already unique character. Give it a shot,  ya might like it.

Edited by Coldfreeze

• 3 weeks later...